1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[movie]All Eyez on Me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not as low budget as the chinese tupac movie

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/88393" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Cringe

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

that dude is flamboyant

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks very simplistic and cliche for a guy as unbelievable as Tupac. They need Scorsese or someone.

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Same.

Odd to me that someone would show up in nearly every rap thread to **** on it. How many more threads do you need to say your piece in?

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i actually think it looks good. Michone as 2Pac's mom! I'm looking forward too.

Now this chinese version. So many questions. First, the guys impression isn't half bad. Sounds similar. Well, it sounds like a comedian doing a Pac impression. Where is the full version and what is the premise? Is Pac just in the flash backs as the real story is the kid doing a report on him? And his teacher use to bang Pac? lol

7. jae713

jae713 Member

Why????

8. tinman

Supporting Member

This looking pretty real

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Quick question; is Tupac's estate involved in the financing of this film? I don't want to watch another sanitized Straight Outta Compton. Also, I agree that Scorsese or Soderbergh would've been good fit to capture the complexities of Tupac.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't know, I enjoyed Straight Outa Compton even knowing that Dre and Cube made themselves look like angels.
    Because that story needed to be told.
    the Tupac story has to be told, even though it looks like it's the Walking Dead

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sucks that they made a Lifetime movie for such a larger than life person -- looks very much like a cheap cable tv movie. I wonder if they will include Tupac's 'gay years'?

12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I bet DWade could play him.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What social issues does country cover?

15. what

what Member

Are you serious right now?

Loretta Lynn has had 14 songs banned from radio for various reasons, including The pill, which was about Birth Control and a woman's right to control her own destiny. Lynn put the song out in 1975.

Another of Lynn's songs: One's on the way could be the poor white trash's ghetto anthem. In it, Lynn says:

The girls in New York City, they all march for women's lib
    And better homes and garden shows, the modern way to live
    And the pill may change the world tomorrow, but meanwhile, today
    Here in Topeka, the flies are a buzzin'
    The dog is a barkin' and the floor needs a scrubbin'
    One needs a spankin' and one needs a huggin'
    Lord, one's on the way

In Rated X, Lynn tackles a woman who becomes divorced and then labeled as a w**** if she finds another man.

Moving on from Lynn:
    Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music broke racial barriers when Ray Charles blended soul with country music.
    [​IMG]
    Jimmy Webb's song Galveston
    The song describes a soldier waiting to go into battle who thinks of the woman he loves and his hometown of Galveston, Texas.

Even more recent, Toby Keith made headlines when he refused to take out his lyric in his song Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue for the Peter Jennings show, that Jennings didn't think it would set the right tone for opening the show. And especially didn't like the line: we'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way

Keith responded. Isn't he [Jennings] Canadian?

The Dixie Chicks responded with: Not ready to make nice, when the entire country music audience shunned them for Natalie Maines remarks about then-president George W. Bush.

Jamey Johnson's no-bones High Cost of Living had some up in arms about the lyrics. At one point Johnson says this:

My whole life went through my head
    Layin' in that motel bed
    Watchin' as the cops kicked in the door

I had a job and a piece of land
    My sweet wife was my best friend
    But I traded that for cocaine and a w****

And look, this is just off the top of my head.

And you wanna compare that to Rap, where every music video objectifies women and material possessions?

I mean, for every Jesus Walks there's a lot of cringe-worthy stuff. And I'm not saying country is any better, but at least country isn't in the caveman days when it comes to women.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Most of that isn't about social justice. Ray Charles being black and singing country isn't social justice. Toby Keith being a proud redneck isn't social justice. Same with the Dixie Chicks. I'll give you Loretta Lynn.

17. conquistador#11

it's too bad the internetz was not big back then. Biggie could have had a double cd diss album just from that youtube clip, not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Looking back at gangsta rap, you start playing the character and you eventually become the character.

Gangsta Rap vs Banda corridos, don't know which puts a bigger target. Them country singer essays keep it real in the feel in the broken hearts department.

#37 conquistador#11, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  18. what

what Member

You said social issues. All of them on some level are about social issues.

Also, you are way off about the Ray Charles album. That album was released at a time when Ray Charles was at the height of his success, and during racial segregation. This was an important album to the struggle and to modern music in general.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Excellent generalization. Well done sir.

I'm sure these three probably concur

[​IMG]

and these folk

[​IMG]

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Haven't seen it, but heard it's weak.

The barber shop called it a Lifetime movie.

Country music generally is NOT socially conscious. That's why most of your examples are 40 years old.

ferrari77 likes this.