1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State not going to the White House

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, Jun 13, 2017.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Good thoughts. When you think about it, people are much more inclined to "boycott" and "avoid" as their primary forms of action today. We need to get better at "dialogue" even if the other 'side' doesn't want to listen. Dems and Reps will never "fix" each other, but there are a lot of independent and moderate people out there just looking for someone to rise up and attempt an olive branch. I'm not saying acquiesce or agree, just attempt respect of some kind.

MONON, peleincubus and Kevooooo like this.
  2. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Definitely hyperbole. But, I just don't trust the guy's mental state. He thinks of himself more than serving the country and it certainly leads us closer to a more corrupt system. Not a great leader IMO.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

BC Obama allowed sanctuary cities to shelter illegals including some who went on to murder US citizens. This is a large reason why a demo is not in office.

4. Mr. Space City

Yeah a man who openly embraces the alt-right (who is def a racist / white nationalist group) is not a white nationalist. :rolleyes:

And I haven't even brought up Jeff sessions sketchy ass :rolleyes:

#144 Mr. Space City, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not really. You do realize that form of racism and bigotry is what is most toxic to the nation as a whole right now.

Your point would have merit if polls pre and post election didn't show that if Barry was allowed to run against Trump he would have destroyed Trump.

Then again, I don't expect you to retain any of this. Science shows, that when militant republicans/democrats are confronted with data that is contrary to their opinion they outright reject it. So I whole heartedly expect you to reject this too.

6. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

"It's totally different to not respect a President that *I* don't like."

Imagine that there are people who feel about Trump the way you feel about Obama and maybe you'll start to be able to wrap your mind around this.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The issue is, on both sides of the coin there's little looking at the other's position. With half the population turning out to vote (because the other half is exhausted and apathetic to the fight) a president can win in a landslide and only capture 28% of the vote. Think about it this way, Trump didn't even secure the popular vote. That means, he ostensibly won the presidency with fewer than 25% of registered voters voting for him.

The issue, as long as normal people don't speak out, as long as people that are militant about their sides continue to do all the talking, we won't improve voter efficacy. If people don't actually believe in democracy, it stops working. Hence why I also hate the "keep politics out of my sports" people. You really wanna make america great again? Get people to believe in voting again.

CallMeTheDream and DudeWah like this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

First - I'm not a militant republican, second "science shows" but then no science given.. Maybe there would have been enough murderous sanders followers to do that but Clintons took care of him, now didn't they. Lol. Also, enforcing laws that are already on the books is not bigotry. And no- not all sanders followers are murderous.

#148 Tfor3, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I can understand where ur coming from.

10. hakeemthagreat

Again. If a guy, no matter if he's Trump or not, says and does things that work against your belief system it's not mandatory you show solidarity with that person. It's not WE to decide how other ppl should protest their beliefs. Instead of judging them, let's respect their right to protest

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am sure these guys are the target audience of the NBA. Well, maybe of the Mavs and Thunder.

el gnomo likes this.
  12. hlcc

hlcc Member

is that any better? "economic nationalism" is pure utter nonsense

13. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

According to you.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

y trump no buy warriors?

then they have no choice

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  15. VanityHalfBlack

You mean the Cuck house? Pass!!!!

RocketDream likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NY Daily News opinion piece:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/warriors-jerks-skip-white-house-visit-article-1.3252905

Warriors setting themselves up for Jerks of the Week if NBA champs choose to skip White House visit
    Evan Grossman
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Friday, June 16, 2017, 11:37 AM

Is this really going to go on for the next four years?

Because since Donald Trump was elected president, the question hanging over both the Super Bowl and now the NBA Finals revolved around how many players from the winning teams planned to not attend the traditional White House ceremony to honor the victors. The Patriots' visit earlier this year made headlines because of how few people appeared in a photo with Trump and here we are, the paint not even dry yet on the Warriors' NBA title, and Golden State players appear to be on the fence if they'll go, too.

Stop being jerks and enjoy your championship.

It used to be that when teams won, the MVP was asked what he's doing next.

"I'm going to Disney World!" used to be the thing. In 2017, the victorious rallying cry has turned into yet another opportunity to make a hollow political statement, to shout out "I'm not going to Washington!"

Guys, you're being jerks. Please stop.​

more at the link

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Again, separate the man from the office. It's not Trump the man congratulating them. It's the President offering congratulating on behalf of the country. With the extreme polarization of today's political climate which has creeped into our everyday lives, it would be nice to see someone rise above it all. Nobody is saying they don't have a right to protest or not to attend. Nobody is really judging THEM, we're judging their decision.

And again, they have the opportunity of a lifetime to actually speak to the President if they feel so strongly about these issues. Not attending won't do anything but further divide us. Those who hate Trump will give em a big hoorah and the others will dig their heals in the sand and boycott the NBA.

Sports shouldn't be so divisive.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I hope they'd go. This meeting would be more awkward than the Big Baby - Doc Rivers meeting at the Celtics Reunion. And I am all for awkward situations.

[​IMG]

19. hakeemthagreat

But first it's the PRESIDENTS job to rise above it, and as of now he's still spewing nonsense on twitter. He's still being INVESTIGATED by the FBI for meddling with enemies of our country. Until Trump gets it together, it's the players have no obligation to stand next to Trump. Divisive? It's not sports that really divides ppl when the President is ordering ppl of certain religions to leave the country. Or making insulting racial or sexist jokes.

20. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

"When your guy is in office, we have a responsibility to resist at all costs and protest. When my guy is in office, we all need to come together as a nation and put our petty squabbles behind us."

MrButtocks likes this.