1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey says Rockets "have something up [their] sleeve"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 13, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stop saying the things in riddles. Other teams have 2, 3 aces up their sleeves.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do they?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Neither did he say we had the weapons to destroy them.

His exact words were: The Rox will try to improve that is all and that the Warriors are not unbeatable.

Carl was just trying to be funny again.

Of course every team is going try to improve.

4. watashi315

watashi315 Member

The Cavs have three All-Stars, a solid supporting cast, better defense than us, and the greatest all-around player of our generation and they STILL got whopped by GSW. So how are WE going to beat them simply by adding 1 or 2 stars? Like how?? By shooting 3s???? yeah right...

fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would love to have a 27 or 28 year old Lebron. I know it's not the age but you could always use the younger, less mileage version of the best player.

6. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I don't know. To me it seems the grass is dead as far as CFs goes concerning the Rockets anyway. Just one interception with the Texans and a losing streak for the Astros and the doom and gloom ensues!

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Heard from my guy who may or may not be an insider, and he said Rockets are definitely looking to improve this off-season. But, he added, they will try to not cripple themselves salary-wise.

8. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

The improvement will be bringing Milk hair back to just stand on the sidelines to clap and yell play harder! Plus bringing back Dmo at 25 million plus a year is the ace in the SLEEVE!! :rolleyes:

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Somebody should buy MOARies a half dozen cheezburgres! He's sounds a bit unstable!!!o_O

[​IMG] T

The older members should get the UBER reference....;)

10. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Finally some positive influence! All these negative Nancys make CFs almost unbearable sometimes.

11. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

No

Remlap likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The only thing we know for sure that is up Morey's sleeve is his armpit :)

Morey is a calculating guy. He doesn't ever say things he doesn't want the world to know. While his statement may have some literal value, I suspect its more about PR and planting seeds in players and GM's psyche's.

13. goldoil

goldoil Member

Let me guess.

Some more defense?

14. StrawberryJamm

Maybe James Harden has adopted a minimalist lifestyle and believes he can live an optimal long and happy life with just 10 million dollars a year.

anchel likes this.
  15. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, we don't have **** up our sleeves.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Throw the kitchen sink at Indiana, see if they bite. We know Daryl takes risks & doesn't care if whoever says they prefer another team.

YaoMing#1, BigMaloe and Deuce like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I'm thinking that LA would offer something like the 28th pick and Clarkson or maybe Randle at the most. Morey needs to find a way to trade for him and then bring in a core of Harden and PG to the negotiating table when he meets with Chris Paul.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, LA isn't gonna offer much, if anything.

Who else would take the risk without a commitment?

I listed half of the NBA here, ha, but...

Cavs. (LeBron & PG in LA next year?)
    Celtics? Maybe but certainly nothing good. None of the draft picks.
    Clippers. Heat? Knicks?
    Lakers? Again, not trading much, if at all.
    Mavs? Nuggets? Pelicans? Raptors? Rockets. Spurs? Thunder? Blazers? Warriors. Wizards?

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

So Capela and Bev would have to be part of the package. What else? I don't think they'd want to take on Ryno.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

If you can get word from CP3 that he wants to sign in Houston and Morey trades for PG, you basically have 1 year no matter what and i think PG is smart enough to recognize our big 3 would be better than anything he could get together in Boston and the Lakers wont be contending for several more years if at all. If you get PG without CP3, you're definitely losing him next summer for nothing. I think he'd rather just be the man in LA than 2nd fiddle to Harden and still lose every year.

For Paul George, the Pacers would need to be convinced they can still contend in the East and Capela would have to be the main piece along with Gordon and Beverly and probably Ariza. Basically gut the roster. The Pacers already have Turner, so what need do they have for Capela unless they think they can turn around and trade him for a another guy they like and need. Top to bottom on paper, that Pacers team would be very tough, but no legit star unless Turner continues to break out. I also doubt Indiana wouldn't want to dump some of their bad contracts on us which would mean no CP3.

We just don't have what they would like unless PG made it clear Houston is where he wanted to be and Indiana would also have to be in that "post McGrady/Yao" era of still trying to compete without lottery picks(which for a small market team might be financially logical to make the playoffs every year). The Pacers have put together very competitive contenders in the past where from top to bottom, they had really good role players. There's just no Reggie.

They would look like

C: Turner/Capela/Big Al
    PF: Thadeus/L.Allen/Rakeem
    SF: Ariza/CJ Miles/GRIII
    SG: Gordon/Monta
    PG: Teague(resign)/Beverly

You'd have to trade Big Al or Monta to clear cap and let go of Teague and go after a more scoring guard like DRose maybe or a bigger PG and let Bev start at SG and Gordon the 6th man?