1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NBA Finals] Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sajan, May 12, 2017.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed May 31, 2017.
  1. GSW 4-0

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. GSW 4-1

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. GSW 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. GSW 4-3

12 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. CLE 4-0

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. CLE 4-1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. CLE 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. CLE 4-3

19 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. BackdoorHarden

Gilbert = Worse owner ever.
    He needs to sell to GM LEbron now before Player Lebron leave next year

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What do you mean artificial? What makes free agency more "artificial" than drafting and trading? What makes constructing in one season more artificial and building over a few years?

3. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

By "artificial" I mean "non-organic," and by "organic" I mean players developing and growing into a team together.

I'm not saying one is more noble/purer or that one is wrong, but I think there's a difference between the two.

4. Mr. Space City

Lol @ harden and Westbrook liking this

5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Dan Gilbert another overly sensitive dude

6. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

100% of Larrior fans are bandwagoners

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Or they are smart like me and they know that the warriors typically cover point spreads and the scores typically go over.

I don't give a crap about curry, draymond, Durant etc. But they made me so much money this year I will buy a championship shirt to thank them.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Iguodala to re-sign with Warriors

Andre Iguodala is expected to sign a multi-year deal with the Golden State Warriors in free agency worth anywhere between $8 million and $12 million per season.

Iguodala has already indicated that negotiations on a deal are nearly done and that he will re-sign. The number of guaranteed years could be the final major piece of his negotiations.

Iguodala signed a four-year, $48 million deal in 2013 when he was 28.

LeBron: I didn't start the super teams

Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James says he is not the one who created the "superteam" era that has characterized the NBA over the last decade.

James appeared on the "Road Trippin'" podcast, which is hosted by teammates Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, and addressed the subject.

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green was quoted as saying "you started the superteam, bro!" referring to the James teaming up with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh when he left Cleveland in free agency to join the Miami Heat in 2010.

James helped the Heat appear in four straight NBA Finals and win two championships.

"No," James said when he was asked about it. "No. I mean in 2003, the Lakers combined Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Shaq and Kobe. And in '96, when Jordan was retired, the Rockets joined Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler all on the same team.

"But I don't look at it as ... I definitely didn't start the superteam, if that's what he's trying to say. But I just feel like that it's great that on the day you're celebrating your championship, my likeness and my name is in your head. I love that."​

#1868 J.R., Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

$8 for 12 million for Iguana seems pretty low. The commentators I've head were talking something like $18 million for him.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Poor billionaires. ;):rolleyes:

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Nice

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

That's an interesting way for the reporter to word it. During the after-parade rally, Lacob announced that they would cover all costs as a gift to the city of Oakland.

14. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Owner Joe Lacob made this statement during the rally on Thursday:

Personally, I think going forward, all teams should be expected to pay, or at least contribute significantly, to any victory parades. Work with sponsors and get them to chip in as well.

#1874 celebrevida, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yeah that's exactly what I was referring to. Not sure why that reporter is trying to make it sound like the city stuck then with the bill against their will.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The Cavs could use an Ariza against Durant. LeBron defense is overrated af. Durant was blowing by him at will. They need a lengthier defender cause they had this game within reach if they would've contained Durant.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Everybody knew that Malone and Payton were over-the-hill ring chasers. Barkley himself said that he, Dream, and Clyde were no longer "great players" just "good players."

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao at Wearing Protective Glasses against Champagne

That is going Soft you Cupcakes!!!!

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Andre Iguodala's free agency could put future with Warriors in doubt

As the Golden State Warriors work to re-sign four core members of their championship team, the franchise is expected to receive the stiffest competition in free agency for Andre Iguodala, the 2015 NBA Finals MVP.

Iguodala plans to seriously consider other teams in July, league sources told The Vertical. Prospective teams would need to show in meetings a vision to move toward contention to pry Iguodala from Golden State, league sources said. In four seasons with the Warriors, Iguodala has served as a playmaker and primary wing defender and established himself as a high-character leader.

Many teams are expected to pursue discussions with Iguodala, including the Warriors, Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves and Atlanta Hawks, league sources said. Among teams around the league, there’s a belief that the value this summer for a two-way wing such as Iguodala could reach $20 million annually.

justtxyank likes this.