1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Golden State not going to the White House

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, Jun 13, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hey brah, there's a really cool multi-quote function on this board so you can reply to a bunch of messages at once, rather than pollute half a page with your covfefe

DudeWah likes this.
  3. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Thanks for the tip, bro.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He didn't say ALL Mexicans. Come on now Kaine-lover.

Trump said that SOME of the unauthorized immigrants crossing the Mexican border into the U.S. are hardened criminals and rapists.

Liberal party up in here.

*** Kerr, Curry and all the Warriors . This is not about trump. This is about respecting the office of the POTUS.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

6. CallMeTheDream

Lmao why in hell should we respect the POTUS now. Funny how I didn't hear that **** when Obama was in office.

MrButtocks and DudeWah like this.
  7. CallMeTheDream

Dude you must have lost your rabbit ass mind if you think Trump is getting another term. Keep dreaming buddy.

8. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I'm sure you thought with all of your being that he wouldn't get a first term. Bet your life savings this time. You're bound to be correct. Leftists are never wrong. Ever.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Breibart is FAR from economic nationalism. We're talking about as racist as they come

Patience and Mr. Space City like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well he got elected by a supposedly democratic system.

So either the majority of America is pretty dumb, or the system of electing the president is very flawed. Either way, America is a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the world.

I am not a Trump fan and I did not vote for him. But it's kind of comical for Americans to disrespect the presidency. It just shows that they either disrespect the American people who elected him or disrespect the system that is supposed to give them the liberty they have. I find it troubling so many Americans are incapable of separating the presidency and the person who is occupying the presidency. No wonder a guy like Trump got elected.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

both Trump and Obama have been presidents with pretty polarized fanbases. Not sure why anyone is wasting brain cells trying to solve national politics in this thread.

Anyway - I wasn't aware that teams had to like the president to go visit? I'm sure everyone who met Bush didn't instantly become the Republican of their nightmares. It was just a tradition. And a dumb one, too.

In conclusion, this is yet another chapter for the Warriors quest of being self important legends. They share some traits with both Obama and Trump in that regard when you think about it.

BOO everyone, I say.

Yaosthirdleg and DudeWah like this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

He got elected with the help of another foreign country meddling into our election, our democratic system was comprised.
    So either the majority of America is pretty dumb, or the system of electing the president is very flawed. Either way, America is a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the world.
    Lol. So we as americans have a obligation to support a President who doesn't value our constitutional rights? A president that made sexually & racially insensitive remarks and has discriminated against minorities? A President that has talked about banning all muslims? Yea I think that's insane. If GS declines to visit the white house then they have EVERY right too. If they publicly make disparaging comments about the president they're "unamerican", but if they just respectfully decline to visit the president it's "troubling"? Can't have it both ways

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The difference is Obama was a centrist Democrat by any measure, he was only polarizing because of the opposition. Trump is polarizing because of himself, huge difference.

Phillyrocket, DudeWah and Patience like this.
  14. napalm06

Right, right. Everything is someone else's fault. Obama didn't do anything polarizing, self-aggrandizing, or say anything inflammatory towards the opposition. Am I doing politics right?

Pen15clubber and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What he did, any main stream Democrat would have done. If you think Democrats are polarizing because they are Democrats fine. Trump is doing many things most of the Republicans would not do.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc. are not even close to being what Donald Trump is, or isn't.

17. napalm06

I can agree with that. Partisan politics haven't typically stopped teams in the past from going. But I guarantee you Golden State mostly wants the glory and attention of being trailblazers and role models.
    Well, I'm definitely not going to get caught defending Trump. I hope that Golden State not going to the white house hurts his little ego even more.

Like I said, boo all of these guys. Too bad it has to be the Warriors; they're just such attention whores. Wish it could've been the Spurs so I wouldn't be as inclined to dislike them for it.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Personally, I wish GSW would attend. If they have concerns, they would have the opportunity of a lifetime to personally address the President of the United States. I'd venture to guess some of these guys don't really care or buy into all of the political angst, they just don't want to be hated for attending so they pretend to take a stand. It would be nice if we could separate politics from sports entirely. These games/leagues are supposed to be our escape. Sports used to be the great unifier. Our country needs to take a deep breathe and find some sanity and clarity.

Yaosthirdleg and napalm06 like this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

Having been to the white house, meeting Obama's dogs, and having done the garden tours, it's well worth it. I would recommend they go. Yes. They run in those kind of circles already. They aren't star struck. They probably even have better houses and gardens. But there's nothing quite like it. General rule in life, show up. You never know what may come of it or what you might learn.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure it's politics at play here, I think it is more of the blatant racism that will keep GSW out of there.

This isn't a Republican/Democrat policy issue.

el gnomo, Patience and RocketDream like this.