1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

IMO he's not the "star" we need he just isn't the player he once was...not a real difference maker who can just dominate a game. He's not the "robin" we need and would he be motivated being here? I know he's had issues with harden how would that mesh? Does he really upgrade us to the point where you would be willing to lose bev+ariza+Anderson that leaves us with

Harden
    Lou
    Gordon
    Love
    Capella

There would have to be another move but I don't know what our salary cap space would look like after the trade?

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He's still a very good 3pt shooter.
    He's still one of the best rebounders in the league.
    He's still one of the better passing bugs in the league.
    His defence has improved.
    He's committed and isn't a "loser" anymore.

The only thing that has changed is his role and usage on the team. He went from being the goto guy to being third banana. Same thing happened to bosh. He sacrificed his game to build a winner.

I've never heard of a rift between the two, you got a link or source on that?

Yes I'd be willing to trade bev/ariza/anderson because he makes us better than all 3 of them.

And yes there would have to be follow unmoved to round out the roster although you forgot shump was in my proposal.

As for cap space it gives us another 5m putting us roughly at 17-18m to find another player(s)

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I can't seem to find it but it was something along the lines of love calling out harden for being a ball hog or not a winner something along those lines. I have seen it mentioned here on clutchfans before.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think you're talking about what cyberx said in this thread http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/woj-houston-plans-to-pursue-kevin-love.254770/ few years ago, when Minnie was looking to trade Love after he told them he wouldn't have resigned with them.

Among other things (and sorry but maybe cause the thread is closed i can't quote his posts so i'm just going to copy a couple of them...these two posts are around page 25 if you want to read more and/or you don't trust me) he said this:

"I dont want to say much.

I am going to stay quiet. Anything I say will be used against me and I will get backlash and be called a fake etc.

Rather just see it play out and whatever happens happens."

"One more tidbit that I will get FLAMED for:

Love doesn't think Harden is a winner. He thinks he isn't the greatest of competitors. Hates his defense and effort. Same with Dwight.

Go ahead. BASH ME! This is it."

BigMaloe and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thanks...yep that was it thank you kindly.

Vivi likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder if Love changed is mind as today...Dwight is also not here anymore...probably not, but at this point it's not like he has a choice, he can be traded wherever the Cavs want.

8. BigMaloe

OK yeah I recall that now but that was 3 years ago and garden has reached the conference finals twice and runner up for MVP twice so I think his opinion could be vastly different.

I think they would still be a great pairing of talent and could easily make it work

Good discussion tho

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

I actually feel we are gonna get Love in a 3 way that involves Melo to Cavs. Knicks will get Rockets pieces as well as cavs pieces. Also if cavs were to trade jay are and Iman they can open up 20 more mill in cap and sign more depth.
    Thompson
    Lebron
    Tucker
    Melo
    Kyrie
    Bench McGee, Jennings, Reddick, Korver Ilyasova

Rockets

Capela
    Love
    Ariza
    Harden
    Bev

Basically just upgrade Anderson to Love

10. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -21.0 ppg, -15.6 rpg, and +0.4 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] LeBron James
    32 year old, 6-8, 250 lb F from St. Vincent St. Mary High School (Ohio)
    26.4 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 8.7 apg in 37.8 minutes in 2016-2017
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Ryan Anderson
    29 year old, 6-10, 240 lb PF from California
    13.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 29.4 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Trevor Ariza
    31 year old, 6-8, 215 lb SF from UCLA
    11.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 2.2 apg in 34.7 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Patrick Beverley
    28 year old, 6-1, 185 lb PG from Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine)
    9.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.2 apg in 30.7 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Clint Capela
    23 year old, 6-10, 240 lb PF from Chalon-Sur-Saone (France)
    12.6 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.9 minutes in 2016-2017

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

At that point i'd rather make it a 4 way deal adding Indiana.

Melo, Lou and Ariza to Cleveland
    Love and Shumpert to Indiana
    George to Houston
    Anderson and Ellis to New York

Lol

12. fattz

fattz Member

Love and Harden.... which one is a leader? Bev and Ariza both are leaders and we need to keep one of them for that reason --> leadership. I prefer keeping Bev.
    dream really do come true. But more than likely not this one

13. 713Genius

713Genius Member

This summer, the rockets must sign griffin and cp3. We start off with $12m in cap if we get rid of our bench warmers and by dumping anderson off to can open up $31m. We can convince griffin to come here on around $24-26m a year. That leaves us with around $6m open. Next we trade Lou and Gordon :( to give us $25m in cap to bring Cp3. That leaves us with Cp3, Harden, Bev, Ariza, Dekker, Harrel, Griffin and Capela. We can then go after players on minimum contracts. (The team is upgrading griffin over anderson and upgrading cp3 and a vet that can shoot over lou will and gordon.)
    Cp3/Bev/(Udrih or Calderon)
    Harden/(Affalo if cut more than likely)/Morrow
    Ariza/Dekker/Babbitt
    Griffin/Harrell/Tolliver
    Capela/(Nene, Bogut, Dedmon, Baynes, Zaza)
    I think this team can compete with the Warriors and surely beat the Spurs.

Why not? likes this.
  14. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

lebron for ryno & ariza (went through on trade machine)
    sign blake
    sign cp3

CP3/Bev
    Harden/Lou
    Lebron/Gordon/Dekker
    Blake/Trez
    Clint/Nene

hnnnnnnnnng

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Rockets like every team in the NBA are going to be in hot pursuit of atheletic wings. The game has changed that as now allowed this position to thrive. These are some players I think the Rockets must target this offseason...
    1. Aaron Gordon 6'9 PF
    2. Jerami Grant 6'9 F
    3. Tony Snell 6'7 G
    4. Shabazz Mohammed 6'6 G/F
    5. James Johnson 6'9 PF
    6. Kentavius Pope 6'5 G
    7. Mason Plumlee 6'11 C/F

Most of these are RFA...so its gonna take some real work to get certain deals done. IMO I really hope they try getting KCP and Gordon...And off load Ariza, Anderson...

16. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I agree that James Johnson should be a target for us in FA. He's a huge talent at 6'9" 255, and is finally starting to put it together mentally. He fits our system and gives us a frontcourt playmaker who was also analytically a great defender. He can hit the three, and averaged 17-7-5 per36. Functionally-speaking, think an efficient version of '14-'15 Josh Smith.

And to go along with your post, I think there are two major things that the Rockets and Cavs lacked against GS (besides raw talent, obviously): skilled size on the perimeter and 2-way guys who aren't a liability on either end. GS has a ton of big and skilled perimeter players (6'11" KD, 6'7" Klay, 6'6" Iggy, 6'7" Livingston etc) and they don't play anyone who's a major offensive or defensive liability in their rotation. The Rockets' skilled perimeter players are all 6'5" and under (6'5" Harden, 6'3" Gordon, 6'2" Lou) and play some defensive liabilities in Lou and Anderson (plus Harden at times). The Cavs are a lot smaller than GS on the perimeter (outside of LeBron), and a lot of their guys can be liabilities on one end (Korver, Deron, Kyrie and sometimes Love on D; Shump, TT, and sometimes Jefferson/Deron on O).

We need to load up on 6'6" to 6'10" 2-way athletes who can play 2/3 or 3/4 (or hell, 2/3/4). That should be our second priority after getting a 2nd star on our roster (Hayward? Millsap?).

Shedding Anderson's salary has to happen. Then we need to move Lou since him and EG have too much overlap for either to fully flourish.

Jatman20 likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

Detroit gets ariza and bev

Indiana gets Tobias and #12

Houston gets Paul George

Jatman20 likes this.
  18. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

It's my understanding that the pacers are going into "lose now" mode.

3 way trade.

Houston gets Paul George

Detroit gets Ryan Anderson (perfect pairing with Drummond)

Indiana gets Tobias Harris, Sam Dekker and Montrezl Harrell. Plus Houston 1st and Detroit 2nd. (Youth+Picks)

Would immediately allow us to run

Beverley
    Harden
    George
    Ariza
    Capela
    +
    Gordon
    Williams

Find a 4 to plug in, trade Williams for a pick and use that 17 mill left open for Ibaka or even Josh Smith as a bandage.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think Harris has that much value as today...in fact i can see Gordon and Anderson having more value than him around the league...

20. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Why do people keep saying we should go after PG13 when he has committed to signing with the lakers a year early?

joesr likes this.