1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Embrace the clutch

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  2. Embrace the clutch

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8lurxfq

Rockets send a 1st to Indiana to sweeten the deal.

Rockets get George, find a team to take Lou will salary which will open up about 20million in cap room to sign Gallo or ingles.

Cavs get a player in Anderson who can probably provide the same impact that love does on that team and Ariza who will help with there defense and is a good shooter and veteran who wants to win and knows how to win.

Pacers get good compensation in losing George by snagging love and a first and second round pick courtesy of the rockets. A Myles turner and Kevin love front court will be respectable keeping the fan base engaged and giving tools to build on for the future.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

A trade for George is going to be difficult for us cause:

1. he can probably pick his destination/s at this point
    2. Indiana may have more interest in rebuilding assets rather than veterans
    3. other teams have better assets

Interesting idea @Embrace the clutch, i'd also trade to Cleveland Lou, they should've interest in him, and we would be able to clear a bit more salary this way, in that case we would be able to add a 20/25M salary player to the roster...but, let's say Indiana is ok in trading George for Love, would they prefer to get Anderson, Ariza and Lou over George? And would George prefer Houston over Cleveland? Eh...

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

What would it take for the Rockets to trade for PG13 and sign Blake Griffin?

Is it posssible in anyway?

5. fattz

fattz Member

Saw this and liked it:
    Anderson and Lou
    For
    Bazemore and Dunlevy (waved)
    Then Sign Gallinari & Nene
    ----------
    Still need another big, IMO

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Salary wise it's possible, as today we're going to have something around 12M in cap space this summer, dump Anderson and you have a max for Griffin basically, you sign him and then you trade for George contract (which is 18/19M) with Ariza (7), Lou (7) and filler/s.

Not sure it would be a good idea...Ryan has probably more value than Bazemore as today...maybe, not sure but i'd say yes, it would probably be easier to trade/dump him than Bazemore...again, i think, not sure though.

7. Fantasma Negro

**** Bazemore and that ****** gaze of his. Pass

#3227 Fantasma Negro, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Embrace the clutch likes this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Anderson contract is bad and Bazemore is more of an eraser...

Gallinari & Bazemore > Anderson & Lou

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Let's say that Cleveland puts Kevin Love on the trade block, would we have the pieces to acquire him? Cleveland would primarily be looking for guys that can help them against GS.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Pass on Bazemore. His numbers actually dropped quite considerably after his big payday and Atlanta's defense was pretty bad with him on the floor.

We dodged a bullet with that one.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with that but still...i'd look for something different overall, i'd take Gallo as a plan B or C, but Bazemore not so much at this point...

I really don't know...i mean, i can see the Cavs (Lebron) having serious interest in guys like Ariza, Lou, Ryan, Gordon, Beverley (they would be good pieces for them without a doubt cause Lebron is basically a better Harden), but can they get another all star which fits better with them? I don't think George would have interest in going there but, let's say he does, they would be super dumb to trade Love for let's say Ryan + Ariza and/or Lou instead of George...

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

I was actually just about to propose a Rockets-Cavs trade about this. Love wasn't consistent for the Cavs in the Finals and his horrible Game 5 will be hard for them to erase from their memory. Cavs' bench in Game 5 was also horrific so I think they would be interested in trading Love for an influx of roster depth.

Rockets get Love
    Cavaliers get Ariza, Beverley (LeBron loves him), Williams

Add players on either side to match salaries, especially if we want to include Anderson's contract in here.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Have to pass on love now at this point.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Why? He played very good defense for him. Very focused and determined, more so than I've ever seen. His positioning and rotations were really impressive to me.

I know cleveland(lebron) likes ariza and likes bev. But is that enough? They would probably see Ryan as a nice consolation prize also to replace loves spacing.

Bev/ariza/ryan for love/shump is possibly a possibility. Because it fits there ideology and gets them much much tougher at defending the perimeter and keep the spacing from love. Also helps LeBron rest more through the year with ariza helping on the tougher defensive assignments.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Aren't Melo and CP3 good friends?

How about we trade for Melo, Melo will will want Paul and will sweet talk him here and the line up would be:

Paul
    Gordon
    Melo
    Harrell
    Capela

with Harden off the bench.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

First off you stated a lot of what the trade does for Cleveland but what does love do for us?

No Chance likes this.
  17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Welcome back Jordan Hill !!!!!

and his team option contract for Ryan Anderson.

Minny can absorb the 16M salary difference (between 20M RA and 4M Hill contract)

will se if I'm right (I hope so)

18. BigMaloe

It should be clear. It gets us another star an upgrades our talent level.

Kevin love is Ryan Anderson + great rebounding. On top of that he has really started to be dedicated to defense. He's. Not a work beater but the effort and hustle is there. With an increased offensive role he would be closer to his old numbers but with his new dedicated self.

Plus he's a brilliant outlet passer. Great fit for us.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

I would be surprised if this hasn't already been discussed amongst the two teams. Morey can advertise Beverley as the "Curry stopper" and Ariza is a high IQ wing defender that would be useful against KD/Klay. Anderson is a floor spacer which is basically what they had Love doing on offense anyway.

It makes more sense the more I think about it. The Rockets of course for the first time since T-Mac/Yao have two legitimate all-stars on the roster.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

It makes sense and personally I like it for both teams but I don't think Cleveland would do it. You need more stars not more role players.