1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NBA Finals] Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sajan, May 12, 2017.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed May 31, 2017.
  1. GSW 4-0

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. GSW 4-1

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. GSW 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. GSW 4-3

12 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. CLE 4-0

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. CLE 4-1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. CLE 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. CLE 4-3

19 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. BackdoorHarden

you missed out , bro

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know Lebron is close to Jordan being in the 2nd best for years now although he has not the killer drive.

He is Jordan and Pippen in one body but without MJ's brain.

I do not need to watch KD and the Warrios, they are boring to me.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Know it's great basketball, but it f***in sucks when you have the same Finals multiple years in a row with artificial super-teams and already know the outcome of the series.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

5. BackdoorHarden

yea, but this is like the Celtics and Lakers in the 80's. Every year, it was Bird and Magic, and they made me a fan of the game.

This new generation will be a fan of the game because of KD, curry, LBJ, and Kyrie.

Witness great ness.

I'm happy to wiitness Bird, Magic, Jordan, Hakeem, Duncan, and now Kyrie, LBJ, Curry and KD... We're all witness to great ness

Never saw Russell and Wilt...but happy to witness living history

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's not remotely close, you only had the Lakers-Celtics Finals three times from 1980-1990, while we've just had GSW-CLE three times in a row. Plus you had other great contenders and winners like Philly, Detroit, Houston, SA, Milwaukee.

Right now it's GSW and Cleveland only, the other teams aren't close anyhow and barring injuries this will repeat for another few seasons.
    KD made a historically cheap move and it honestly destroyed the NBA for a lot of fans (I know, ratings are higher than ever, but most CLE and GSW fans are absolute bandwagon fans). If he'd stayed with OKC and they'd improved their roster, it would've been 10x better. It's completely vomit-inducing how you have a team at the brink of elimination and in the end join them.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

This is the first year since the mid 90's that I didn't watch a single minute of the Finals. I'm sure it was entertaining basketball but... nothing about it appealed to me. The current salary situation is ridiculous with the "old" contracts meshing with the "new" contracts making unbalanced teams. It definitely bums me out that this will continue for a few more years until the "old" contracts finish. Obviously, this is just my opinion and I've read the finals ratings were great this year.

8. BackdoorHarden

yea, kind of like Moses who just won a MVP and join a championship team in the 80's. Kareem...ooooooh, you kids don't know history

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bit off comparison, Houston lost in the first round that year and it also was a trade, they could've kept him, but he felt disrespected with their lowball-offer. Plus Calvin and Hayes were nearly finished, this wasn't their team from the past. Kareem left a Milwaukee team that lost key players and just finished on a terrible season. Both of these are not even close to KD's situation.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. dream_team

dream_team Member

Not quite the same...

The 76ers in those days never won a championship before Moses joined. They weren't even the best team in their division (that belonged to the Celtics).

And Kareem was traded to a Lakers team that just finished last in their division (2nd worst record in the league).

Richie_Rich and Yung-T like this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Be easy on BackdoorHarden...ooooooooh this kid doesn't know history.

Richie_Rich and Outlier like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You know a lil about history but your name should not be including Harden who is not among the Top 30 Alltime and not even close.

13. MD_in_Training

I am terribly curious to see what the ratings are for the regular season next year, as well as the playoffs. I am putting money on another 5-7% drop in regular season ratings.

What's the point of watching if your team has zero chance of winning a championship or even making the Finals?

Richie_Rich likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Too bad, totally expected but i had still some hope for the Cavs...obviously Love and their old dudes are just not good enough for Curry, Green, Klay, Iggy...Irving played well but not enough.

time for Lebron to force a trade here...after we sign another top player :eek::D

15. VanityHalfBlack

Man, I told ya'll GS was gonna close it out in 5. Didn't I say that? Where was that fool that bet against GS? Talking bout they gonna come back and force a game 7? NOPE!

16. VanityHalfBlack

Was it you that made that bet?

17. VanityHalfBlack

Game 4 was the most watched Finals in how many years?

18. Fantasma Negro

I know this is a Rockets fan site and there are mainly Rockets only fans in here but as a basketball fan, the KD vs LeBron matchup lived up to the hype. Congrats to KD, that guy is a grinder, reminds me a lot of LeBron. Can't hate on him for doing the exact same thing LeBron did with the Heat even though I ****ing hate to warriors

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't remember any bet so i guess no ;) i went with Warriors in 6 btw, almost got it lol

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's not how many rings the Warriors get that's the problem. It's that they're gonna be in the Finals every year barring injury. There is literally no suspense in the Western Conference. Who's gonna beat them? The only thing close to resembling competition is the Spurs. And even when San Antonio does give Golden State a scare, this is such a dirty, cheap team that they simply send their goon center to take out the opponent's star player.

And the East is no better. Basically for the next 2-3 years, the team that makes the Finals will be the one that has LeBron on it. And for now, that remains the Cavs. So we're essentially stuck with Warriors-Cavs rematches for the remainder of this decade. And unlike those Lakers-Celtics showdowns, these will be anticlimactic with the 4 All-Star lineup that Golden State has.

And BTW, on the top of those 80's Finals, it's not like it was Lakers-Celtics every year. In the first part of the decade, the Sixers with Dr. J and eventually Moses Malone were making the Finals. In the latter half of that decade, the Pistons were making the Finals. Sure, the West was somewhat dull with the Lakers winning it every year(aside from the 2 times the Rockets upset them), but at least there was plenty of suspense in the East.

Richie_Rich and VanityHalfBlack like this.