1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How is Zhou Qi Developing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Feb 23, 2017.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

He's got China money.....

2. dmoneybangbang

And they love them so American real estate.

hvic likes this.
  3. wizkid83

Pretty much. Real Estate, when you can afford it, has been pretty decent long term investment. Even the 2008 crash has rebounded well. When a good 3 bedroom in Shanghai is in the $3MM USD range a $750K housing is a drop in the bucket.....,

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Yes because Pearland real estate is popping....pls.

Pearland is not the Heights, Garden Oaks, Eado, etc. If he was really looking at it from an investment standpoint, he would not be investing in Pearland for a significant return on investment. He's looking to live there and commute to the office.

For the price per square footage and the commute, it's not bad. However I would not call Pearland an investment

5. wizkid83

Well it seems he hasn't exactly bought yet, just looking :D. And I agree, Pearland is not one of the hot beds of places to make investments. That said, most people, if able to, rather own than rent.

#165 wizkid83, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

its ok guys, zhou qi not gonna be homeless with Le$$ hooking him up.

7. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Me likey Yolanda. Anyone think Zhou fed her his twizzler?

Nook likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Real Estate agent got his name backwards....like Ming Yao ... BOOM!! Not much of a sales women. Probably spells Beverley with only two Es and Olajuwon like Juwan Howard.

9. heypartner

He's picking Pearland because he's heard great things about Killens BBQ from DMo.

TMac'n likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Thanks. That confirms it. Pearland sucks and is the armpit of greater Houston. When you have obese Texan egg ballers living there, you know the place is flat out turribol.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah because people are stupid and think romantically about the American dream.

Texas is one of the worst places to own a home in. It's never yours, you are just leasing the land from the State that could take it whenever you're late paying them rent.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Most people aren't foreign millionaires.

owning a house in this environment would not be a good investment from a purely financial perspective. Your returns would almost certainly be greater on other areas, no matter how you play the market.

That said, most people are willing to pay extra for security, and contrary to what reeko thinks, the government can't just take your stuff for free, especially not your paid for house.

13. wizkid83

Didn't notice till you mentioned it but she might've actually got it right. I believe Qi is his first name and Zhou is his last name.

I agree that unless you're living in the house, and the cash flow impact to your monthly rent payments cancels out, it's probably not a good investment from purely financial perspective.

But just consider, If you're not a millionaire, and are buying with a loan (i.e. leverage to 5 to 1), an annual 3% increase (on top of interest costs - rent) in value is equivalent to 15% annual return on assets. It is typically a safer bet than the stock market (not always i.e. 2008 but typically).There's interest of-course, but with 1/3 of your interest payment returned from tax deduction. You can always buy on margin in stocks and leverage 5 to 1 as well, but the borrowing cost is typically higher and volatility probably too high for my heart.

Edit: I think we're getting off topic....

#173 wizkid83, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    hongxingli likes this.
  14. heypartner

Yes, but you say last, first.
    She got it right in a wrong western way where surname is last. But that's not how Chinese do it, and everyone got Yao wrong at first, as well, calling him Ming Yao.

His family name is Zhou. Yao Ming's family name is Yao. You call him Yao Ming, unless you want to put his surname last in our western way.

15. wizkid83

Yeah, his Family name is Zhou, but most Chinese in the U.S. either adopt an English first name, or they adopt the U.S. custom and introduce themselves with the given name.

16. heypartner

What does that have to do with Zhou Qi? She's the first to call him Qi Zhou, that I've seen. So, I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say she said it in reverse like everyone first did with Ming Yao, because he filled out some real estate agent form for her with Zhou in the last name box and Qi in first name....and she took it from there....like a clumsy sales person would who isn't savvy on Chinese custom.

17. wizkid83

Or that he might've introduced himself as Qi? Who knows what he really like to go by....?

18. heypartner

I'm still not following you. So, you're saying she's right and everyone else is wrong?

Did he all of a sudden introduce himself differently to her than anyone else. And even if he does say, you can call me Qi, doesn't mean you call him Qi Zhou instead of Zhou Qi like everyone else.

She just got it wrong, or scooped everyone with some new way he wants his full name printed.

19. wizkid83

When you say every one do you mean the sports media, that calls almost every one by their first and last name? I haven't seen the kid hang out, have banter and etc. with people so I have no idea what he likes to be called as. Could be Qi, could be Zhou Qi, could be "Joe" for all we know.

I'm saying a lot of the Chinese people I know would've introduced themselves with the given name so I wouldn't be surprised if he introduced himself as Qi.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Doesn't he get paid a salary in China, Houston houses are probably cheap as hell compared to real estate in major cities in China