1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry says Hakeem is 20 times better than Duncan.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jun 5, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes that's why Tmac is always on that show too

2. tinman

Supporting Member

Horry has more rings than Paul Pierce, Stephen Jackson and Draymon Green combined.

Killatron 2000 and Rocket River like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are having more fun on that show than people down here. They are being LESS serious.

4. hakeemthagreat

This is already common knowledge, but like with Lebron, the media pushes these dumb narratives like Duncan's the goat bigman. Duncan couldnt touch Dream and real NBA fans know this

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know about 20 times better, but he was a much better player. Dream could do anything he wanted offensively(aside from hit 3's). He had the face up jumper like Duncan, but he also had the turnaround. He had the hookshot in the lane(and Dream's was better). He could beat a guy off the dribble. He was more athletic. He was a terrific passer. He was a better free throw shooter. And don't get me started on the defensive end. Duncan was a great defensive player, but Dream is one of the all-time greats.

One area where I will give Duncan the edge is longevity. He and Dream both played til about the same age, but Duncan was a more effective player at the end than Dream.

Houstunna likes this.
  6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I don't think you could even give him that. Duncan's longevity and effectiveness was more of a product of the league shift away from big men. The game softened up quite a bit inside and the big man talent pool dried up.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2x better suffices. Rofl Lmao

Let's not get overboard here.

For the betterment and bamboozlement of Robinson and Duncan.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think if you ask any player or knowledgeable fan which player they would take in their prime for just 1 season or just 1 game it'd be Hakeem over Duncan by a landslide.

When you get into the whole body of work thing... that landslide victory ratio starts to change.

Centers are tough to compare. Same with RB's in football. Depending on which specific metric or guidelines you set, you'll get different best answers.

With that said, Horry played and won with them all, his word is the GOSPEL. He wants Rudy & Hakeem, not Phil, not Pop, not Kobe, not Shaq and definitely not Danny Ainge.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wanted to jump through the TV when Paul Pierce said that crap about being lucky Jordan retired. I'm tired of that bs. Only luck we needed was Mutumbo, Robert Pack, Abdul Rauf, and Ellis. F- these haters.

Patience likes this.
  10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

somewhere charlie pallilo is cringing

Patience likes this.
  11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Horry has been fairly consistent on this topic for the past decade...

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Horry exaggerated, but the reason is his frustration from Hakeem's underrated-ness, not Duncan's lack of greatness.

1) Duncan (and Shaq, Russell, and Wilt) are usually considered better. They're not.
    2) The Jordan-retirement argument saying Hakeem never would have won... although Rockets owned the Bulls.

Horry's exaggeration comes from those incorrect narratives.

Richie_Rich and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. what

what Member

i will always contend that Horry and Sam Cassell saw olajuwon at his very peak best, which lasted 2 seasons.

they didn't see unmotivated hakeem, with all the first round exits.

for those years hakeem was a couple of levels above tim, but overall tim was better for more seasons than dream.

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

I'm happy he always shows Hakeem love because we all know Dream is underappreciated and underrated by media and by players

tinman likes this.
  15. lewlloydfan

lewlloydfan Member

kings were robed vs the lakers in 2002 and the suns were robbed vs the spurs in 2007. 2 bogus rings for horry. this is a fact not opinion

16. tinman

Supporting Member

No such thing as bogus championships

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nah, just two times better

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Horry is a cool cat. If anyone has a 24 hour membership in Katy (Bella Terra location). He's always playing basketball / training a mid 50 year old dude on the basketball court. Talks trash to everyone in a joking way.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  19. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

What I don't get is why people keep comparing a center to a power forward. :rolleyes:

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Big fan of Horry.

He's awesome.