1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Expected to Pull Out of Paris Climate Agreement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dobro1229, May 31, 2017.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

World leaders are stupid if they would have just called it the Trump climate agreement they would have gotten full co-operation from that idiot.

sirbaihu likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL. Saw and posted the same thing. Really got me thinking about how some things in history have a ripple affect. Really interesting take.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I wasn't talking about the world's poorest countries, I was talking about the poor in America who were set to struggle paying higher energy prices for the sake of this deal. Anyway, I knew when I started that I would run into AGW cultists and that would be the end of serious conversation.

Just so you know, you are arguing that it's a bad thing that energy prices aren't set to increase by 20% or so likely without any benefit whatsoever.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This will not hurt the world, it will hurt us as Americans. The green jobs will go to Europe and China. They will lead the new technology and innovation.

The U.s. goes backwards. To fossil fuels. To a backwards internet. All in the name of restoring America to the past where it gets left behind.

All those rust belt angry white people who felt left behind by the future, now can have their last laugh as they drag the whole country into global economic backwardness and secure America's decline.

China will be the New America

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And this is why I can't take the AGW cultists seriously, they keep pretending that this is a "fate of humanity" type situation when the facts don't support that conclusion.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

"I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris."

Did I ever mention how much I love my president?

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Not many thoughts out Trump's offer renegotiate? If people really cared then they would be rushing to help propose solutions. Instead the liberals are happier just to b!tch about Trump, as per usual.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't you hear? The world is now doomed to destruction. Get with the program, we're all going to die now.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Putie loves you too Comrade.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Jesus Christ, you just read what you want to read.

You know, there's also no consensus on how Cisplatin helps you fight cancer or even if it will work at all, it doesn't mean when you get it we say "well, you're boned, just give up". We treat and try. For someone so intelligent, you sure do not understand how science actually works. If we can poor trillions into the war on terrorism, we can do as much to help the planet.

13. NewRoxFan

So polls are important now?

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Not political risk, actual risk. The point of a president is to see threats beyond today. If the American people are too dumb to see that this is a threat, and the biggest one at that, it takes a President to be smart enough to see it. That's why we elect the best, not John from next door.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, there's no consensus that you'd actually be helping given this plan it and the side effects are pretty harsh. The problem is that some people are just simple minded when it comes to things like this. It's always a binary situation with people like that, either you go with this specific plan that is bad for the country or you doom the planet to destruction. Sorry kiddo, but that's not the only options.....but if you are an AGW cultist, you probably won't be able to see that.

16. NewRoxFan

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yeah, we have a solution.

Stay. Like every other civilized country on the planet.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

But see, you're the one making it binary. You're the one setting up the paradigm of planetary destruction or all is well. What if 10% of the Earth's population dies because of this? 5%? Is it still acceptable. What if people don't die, but risk rates for cancer rise? You are oversimplifying the issue to fit your narrative.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Do you think that every single country sans Syria is duped and that we are the smart ones? Let's start with that.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

'the best' just bought an 8 million home and uses more energy than anyone on this board. Clearly he is a man who sees the threats none of us do.....

'the best' flies around in his jet to accept awards and give speechs

the people who seem to care most about environmental issues are usually the ones who don't have to deal with real world issues (like money) . No parent is staying up late at night worrying about climate change. They worry about their job and bills.