1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Expected to Pull Out of Paris Climate Agreement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dobro1229, May 31, 2017.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I would say that something that poses a risk greater than terrorism, heart disease and cancer, is worth my attention enough to warrant rejecting views like Mr. Trumps. When some guy makes a bomb, if he's muslim we see the threat. When the climate is warning us, when scientists are warning us, we stray away. I swear, if Obama termed Climate Change as fighting Mother Nature's Terrorism he could have gotten republicans on board.

You are correct those other countries can in fact bail, except they've already made the investment into these technologies under our agreements in good faith. If you're rich, and decide you don't like your cell phone it's easy to just go buy a new one. Emerging economies aren't rich, and they are the equivalent of Cricket users who are stuck with what they got.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2016 will be remembered as the last year of the Great American civilization before it rapidly declined. Trump marks the end of American exceptionalism and our place as the leader of the free world.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The pain hasn't been felt yet, sort of like how people touted the success of Obamacare before it was fully implemented....then when it was prices skyrocketed and it caused Democrats to lose control of the government. It's probably too much to ask for people to be forward thinking and realize the consequences of their actions. They'll happily agree to hurt the economy and cause their energy bills to raise significantly when they ignore those aspects and just focus on those telling them that they are saving the world with the plan....which is BS.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump haters are brainwashed. If Trump cured cancer they'll start supporting cancer.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Let's do coal. It's the wave of the future! MAGA

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

I may be behind on the literature, but there is zero consensus on that in any way shape or form. In fact, there are some scientists warn we are passed the point of no return, while others say we can reverse the damage we've done.

You know there's more than a temperature concern right? Weather and biological systems are also affected by this as well. Ocean pH changes can spell doom for a lot of plant and animal life. This could cause issues downstream on food chains (including our own). I think you're oversimplifying the issue dramatically here.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In this instance it goes beyond Trump hatred, but that is probably part of it. When you go against the church of anthropogenic global warming for the best interest of the US you have to expect a harsh backlash from the left and from other countries who would benefit from the US being put at a disadvantage.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rex Tillerson is a hippie.

No Worries likes this.
  9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude! If Trump cures cancer, they won't have to worry about having no health insurance. This is double MAGA. In ur FACE!

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

REPUBLICAN Carlos Curbelo, who clearly objects to pulling out of the agreement & recognizes the affects of climate change in Florida, makes a great point about climate change in this country. It all goes back to partisan politics back when Al Gore was Vice President. How different would we be about this issue if there was bi-partisan support for Al Gore's agenda?

Teddy Roosevelt was the one the set aside land in America for conservation. Richard Nixon was the one that established the "ENVIRONMENTAL Protection Agency". All Republicans. Not until a Democrat went green did half of our population all the sudden wage war against the earth. How would Republicans be if Newt Gingrich was on a bi-partisan commission with Al Gore back in the early 90's? Or how would Democrats approach climate change if Newt Gingrich led the charge for climate change and not Al Gore?

We are so tribal and ideological in this country that even when something as important as the health of our planet is at risk, all we see is Red or Blue.

Really sad. Without clean air and water, what good is a job working the coal mines?

#191 dobro1229, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    superfob and JayGoogle like this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

As a person who did my PhD in cancer research, if the man actually found the time to cure it, I would commend him. I am skeptical of a person who has approval numbers equal to his IQ finding the ability to cure cancer, but I would welcome it.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny seeing Pruitt and Trump using China as a speaking point. Perhaps in the past, when China was slow to agree to Kyoto, but China did sign the Paris Agreement, so that excuse's shelf life has long expired. instead, Trump has ceded leadership to China...

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well you just said it, there's no consensus whatsoever as to if we can do anything about it or not even among those who think that humans are the primary driver of climate change.....so you could very well hurt the economy and make it hard for poor people to keep their lights on and make no change whatsoever in the rate of climate change. So, why do it if there's no agreement as to if it'll actually make a difference and not just be the US harming their economy and making life harder for their people for the sake of harming the economy and making life harder for their people, why do it?

The answer is that you are supposed to act on faith in the religion of AGW.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Heard a republican congressman make a great point: the worst thing to ever happen to climate change was al gore taking it up as a cause. He acknowledged that the main reason republicans went against it was to be against al gore lol

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Please stop posting uninformed views. Until you have facts, STFU

20. WNBA

WNBA Member

One side: The 'pain' has not been felt by world's poorest countries and their people after 1 year.

the other : people are suffering from climate change everyday.

No wonder everyone made the correct choice.