1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serge Ibaka traded to Toronto for Terrence Ross and 1st round pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2017.

1. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

On paper it looks great.. put him at the 4 or 5 would work. You'll have snipers at all positions at the 3 pt line, leaving the middle open.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Another reason they couldn't wait to get rid of K-Mart is he scorched bad teams and consistently came up small during intense games. It was very frustrating to watch.

That was the opposite of what Harden gave them off the bench.

Vivi likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Terrance Ross isn't a slouch, just had to play behind two guards who play with the ball in their hand a lot, Lowry and DeRozen. He shot the ball at a decent clip beyond the arc, can finish above the rim, and can play some defense.

I don't see us being able to offer any sort of decent shooter (Dekker still hasn't proven it) to outbid Toronto.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. DMO (DJ remix)

They must trade Val, it will be good for both parties.

6. Chamillionaire

Not bad considering that's how much we're paying Ryno. At least Serge plays defense.

fba34 likes this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Apparently not according to @Vivi

I think his blocks average per season has been on the decline for the past 3 or 4... probably since he's always playing on the perimeter now both on offense and on defense.

I think he can be solid defensively, but probably not worth 20 mill just like Ryno.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey done F'd up.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's worth the 20 mill, Andersons probably worth 10. The areas he declined were rebounding and shot blocking, let me explain this a little.

Ibaka's still a respectable defensive rebounder for a PF, I originally thought Ibaka had been declining as a rebounder but it's just his offense rebounding numbers that have declined greatly (due to his developed 3pt shot), but his defensive rebounding percentage are almost the same.

His shot blocking has declined some, but he went from being a insanely historically great shot blocker - to still a good shot blocker. The last two seasons were the only two of his career to be under 5% (Hakeems career average was 5.4%), he averaged 4.5% and 4.2%, in the playoffs this year he averaged 5.1%. He's still a good shot blocker, just isn't as focused as he used to be, his 2nd year in the league he averaged 9.8% which put him as the 2nd highest shot blocker percentage wise for a regular season, only behind Manute Bol who had 3 seasons of over 10%.

He's also still a solid perimeter defender for a PF, he's still a good post defender. He's also a much bigger threat then Anderson to score in the paint off of PnR's, cuts and drives.

Ibaka is much better overall player then Anderson, probably worth at least double with his defense, inside scoring, 3pt shooting capabilities. Would have loved to had him here at 21.5 mill per (which is was his deal should be if it's starting at 20 mill) over Andersons 20 mill per.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

20 per? After a couple of years it will be an albatross.
    But more important, if they pay Ibaka are they going to retain Lowry too?

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's reaching, i never said that he doesn't play defense or that he's as good/bad defensively as Anderson (like others said about Millsap or Gallo), i just said that i didn't see him play the same defense he played few years ago.

Add that:

- OKC fans were saying the same and that they were happy to trade him

- there are rumors about his age

- he suddenly wanted to have the ball on offense

...and yeah, i'd still pass on him without knowing how much he'll get and without knowing he's going to stay here 100%. With that said i would always take him over Ryan for the same salary, but i would also take Gallo over Anderson at the same salary.

#211 Vivi, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    malakas likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I totally expect them to trade Val, not sure for what/who but...

13. malakas

malakas Member

I dont think they should. The market for bigs with bad defence is non existant. Hes reasonably paid.
    Better attach an asset and get rid of dmc.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with you but it's like (from what i read) they just don't like him that much or they don't know how to use him properly. Almost reminds me what i was reading about Bargnani at the time lol

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Pretty much in a nutshell what I said, in much lesser words.

He's a perimeter guy by force, because the game and its players are changing specifically at his position. He's still not worth 20 million... and neither is Ryno.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Um, yeah ya kinda did....

Regardless, AGAIN he's not worth 20 mill just like Ryno.

Vivi likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think Ibaka's worth 20 mill in todays NBA. He brings a special skill set being able to defend, shoot outside respectably, score inside, and rebound defensively at a okay rate.

Anderson on the other hand, is purely a big body shooter (a good step ahead of Ibaka), but he can't get defensive rebounds, defend, or score inside at all. I agree that he isn't worth 20 mill.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Welp, thanks for bring that up, i obviously ****ed up and not sure why tbh...i gues i just typed wrong (probably meant overrated) or i was drunk -__-