1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Paul Millsap our savior ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Apr 30, 2017.

?

Would he take us to championship level ?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No, too old

32 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Rather PG or Hayward

42 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. Will cost too much

16 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. I'm sick of you DMO, go get a rebound

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paul Millsap just seems like a Houston Rocket to me. He is the main guy I want in FA. If possible, guys like Andre Iguodala or Andre Roberson with him. (I want Roberson on Durant/Klay for 25 minutes. /wetdream)

* Older Charles Barkley (Decent comparison style wise) was still incredibly good at 32-33-34-35. He completely fell off at 36, which would be Millsap's last year. Millsap has played drastically less minutes then Chuck at similar points, and would be relied on way less. Paul is also more of an off-season work horse, and we know Chuck got fed up with Les and probably didn't do what he should have been doing to extend his career.
    *Our total IQ goes up tenfold, putting us in true contention with the Warriors.
    *He can blow up everything Draymond Green does with his rugged style and toughness. He is Otis Thorpe's spirit animal and the type of dog we need out there to complete this roster.
    *James Harden/Mike D'Antoni will extend his career. He will still be playing at a high level at 36 years old, the end of his upcoming 5 year deal. Perfect timing for him to ride out into the sunset with a few rings.

Rocket River and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  2. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

no believe it or not.. if D howard would have embraced his role as a dunking machine, we would have easily beaten the spurs.. Dwight would have averaged close to 16-17 points on just dunks and put backs. we would have killer inside defense and having Capela of the bench.. Dwight was just a baby and wanted offense to run through him.. Why cant he just play the role like Gobert and DeAndre Jordan.. He would have done much better then he did in Atlanta and Houston could have been close to a 60 win team.. Stupid D Howard

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's time for

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No lie, it took me a second, lol.

5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Paul is going to receive a full 5 year max offer from the ATL, by all reports, he is going to accept it.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

a max after underperforming this season? wow, rip hawks.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

If Millsap accepts a 5 year offer from ATL, Ibaka stays in Toronto, Blake accepts a 5 year deal from LAC, and Hayward does what most expect which is to not come here, then what?

8. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Then the earth explodes.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

There are no PF on the block.
    Thank god we have locked Ryan Anderson.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think Millsap is staying in Atlanta...and i also don't believe the Hawks will throw him a max x5, that would be almost embarassing for Atlanta.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah not really ideal to throw him a $200 mil contract X5 at 32 yrs old but atl is in a tough spot. He's their best player. If not him then who else right?

12. threepointshot3

Yes indeed. I mentioned this earlier the guy might be the best two way PF in the games besides Anthony Davis. He is superb on both sides of the rock.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lol i like Millsap as much as the next guy, but he gets you no deeper than we just went this year. "Savior."

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, pretty much...they have also Bazemore and Dwight who are not exactly looking like very movable assets...they might be forced to stick with this group...but yeah, throwing a max to Millsap would still be a meh move, they'll be basically forced to pay him like 40x when he'll be 36/37...

16. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

According to a Lowe Post Podcast, I believe Zach said the demotion of Wes Wilcox would indicate that the will try to resign Milsap. Bud won the war, Wilcox was the one who wanted to trade Milsap, Bud wants to keep him

Vivi likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think he would make the greatest positive change to our ability to win games. Even if we weren't able to change much else, a team featuring Millsap, Ariza, Beverley and the improving Capela is defensively excellent and can realistically match our offensive out put from this past season.

We would have to drop Anderson to do it but I'm fine with that. We would likely have to throw in Harrell or Dekker and possibly even a second rounder to get Anderson off our books, but I would be fine with that too. Heck the Hawks themselves might take that deal. I would just make one more adjustment which is to trade Lou Williams for a scoring SF off the bench.

Millsap is getting old but if he can give us 2 excellent years that's all that matters to me and I'm sure that his style of play will allow him to do that.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

that's who came to mind for me...he's talented, but that's not a very exciting option

19. Lightsnowaction

Maybe. Millzap has played the 5 for quite some time in Atlanta and has been a + doing so. Took a dip in 3P%, but may go up if he has more space and dish more assists as well. I still have a problem with Millsap's age but not his game. Millsap in with Ryno out would work, maybe Blake too.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gallo will cost 15 million a year at the very least. 4 for 60 is what I would guess.

I wonder If Portland would be willing to unload some picks (15, 20, 26) for some Veteran help at SF/PF that we could provide to clear cap space.