1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is First team All-NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, May 18, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Grats. He has cemented his status as Legendary Regular Season Player. GOAT Regular Season!

cheke64 likes this.
  2. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Like how no one's saying OMG Harden went from not being on an all nba team to being voted unanimously to the First All NBA Team. Whoever votes for this are idiots. Harden was putting up similar stats last year you donkeys!!!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I just don't get this line of thinking.

The Cavs and Warriors field all star line ups.

You are telling me that if you took Lebron off Cleveland and replaced him with Harden they wouldn't waltz to the finals in the crappy east because this is who Harden is? A second round and out guy?

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not too sure about this . . . Harden is no Lebron

kjayp likes this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I am not saying that the reason they would waltz into the finals is because Harden=Lebron. I'm saying it because his supporting cast is fantastic and plays in a **** conference.

So a blanket statement that Harden is who he is, a 2nd round and out guy seems kind of unfair.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Harden is no lebron and he couldnt waltZ but rockets wouldve had homecourt advantage and a great chance to beat pacers, raptors, and celtics.

Obviously harden is not as good as lebron (not that close either) but hes good enough to beat those teams with his 55 win homecourt advantage. We had the 3rd best record in thr nba

Yeah we lost in the 2nd round but we lost to a 61 win team with the 2nd best record in the nba.

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fair enough, I guess I'm still skeptical. Don't think they would waltz, and so far I see no indication that Harden would be able to motivate those guys to get up and beyond their regular season average-ness. Remember Cleveland really sucked for long stretches of the reg season, if Harden is a one-note regular season wonder, he might not be able to waltz Cleveland into the finals, leastern conference or no leastern conference. But I see your point, I'm just not sure I agree with you that it would be that easy.

8. cebu

cebu Member

Who gives a **** when you stop playing at crucial moment....

cheke64 likes this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't subscribe to the idea that he never shows up in crucial moments.

Also there wouldn't be crucial moments without him.

Patience likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If we had Lebron we are getting to WCF.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Unanimous........... #mediaconspiracy ...........lol

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

kjayp likes this.
  13. threepointshot3

Coming off a MVP type year is is a slide in process ? Stupidity of some people is mind blowing!

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well that certainly didn't take long. Can't wait to see all the snarky comments around here if he's named MVP.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK, I'll bite. Please explain why any of this is relevant or impacted Harden's being voted in today. Honestly, some folks can never be satisfied. :rolleyes:

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What do you mean why is this relevant?

It's an obvious double standard that impacts the legacy of these players

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doesn't change anything. He had a great regular season which the MVP is based on

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I thought the exact same. Just goes to show you how bad the C position is now. He was punished by the depth of the guard position. While Davis apparently has little competition apparently but guys like Marc gasol get snubbed who are winning smh

19. MystikArkitect

For a guy as polarizing as Harden, unanimous is kind of interesting. Almost like a "make up" for both the MVP voting which they screwed him out of, and last years absolutely ridiculous All NBA snub (Good job Anthony Davis for being All-NBA FIRST EFFING TEAM without even leading your team to a winning record OR making the playoffs).

Who the hell voted Draymond Green to All NBA First Team? Like....how??

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't think Kyrie and Harden could play together. That would be the biggest hurdle to climb. LeBron is also a freakish athlete. I mean the guy really does play 1-5. Now, if the Rockets and Cavs switched places I would agree completely. The Rockets would be flourishing not floundering in the second round.