1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

James Harden is First team All-NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, May 18, 2017.

1. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

More finals series in half a decade than we had in 10 years.

I agree, AMAZING! ;)

BigMaloe, Patience and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Ok bro. Go trade Harden for Mike Conley in your NBA 2k fantasy world ya doofus.

TEXNIFICENT and Sooty like this.
  3. Sooty

Who's you're top 5 sunshine?

riko likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who gives a s***??!

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow, even Murray can't bring himself to say James is in the top five :D

TheRealist137 likes this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

That doesn't even matter. Point is everyone should recognize that Harden is starting his decline. Also, people should realize that he absolutely quit on his team. Finally, he doesn't care. Not trading this party animal now would be stupid.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I still feel nothing.

8. Cash Cam

Cash Cam Member

Your favorite player is suing the team your not a rockets fan.

9. Sooty

You're constantly complaining. What's your solution genius?

So weird LeBron wasn't even unanimously voted for 1st team all NBA

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

KAWHI, CURRY, LeBRON, DURANT, etc . . . . don't have to be great EVERY GAME for their team to win
    Harden and Westbrook do
    That is a very high bar to set.

Rocket River

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sucks when you're team can't do sh** unless you're playing at an unanimous All-NBA level... that's what truly sucks.

4 other players on the court, remember that.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No prob homey. You keep your reading comprehension skills at complete 0% though - good job!! Cause I exactly said "trade harden for conley"!! You got it duderz. Good job.

If you don't want to believe Mike Conley outplayed Harden in the playoffs, don't believe it. Nevermind the fact both lost in 6 to the Spurs and Conley had a 20% higher per , a 62% TS% to Harden's 58%, a 3.6 a:to ratio to Harden's 1:6, and is a better defender.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if Molo erased those facetime vids, she's da real MVP

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

but it doesn't count bc he did it in the 1st round. but wait he did it against a full healthy spurs team does that not count either?

15. JayZ750

Maybe. Maybe not. Certainly the Cavs have proven to be pretty horrible without Lebron. They're 4-11 without him I think the last couple seasons. And like 139-30 with him or something like that. But honestly, Lebron is a special case, as a top 5 player ever, if not even better than that.

Kawhi.. well the Spurs organizational culture and coach covers up a lot. That said, the fact they won without Kawhi speaks as much to how much Harden **** the bed as how good the Spurs are without Kawhi. We saw what happened to them in 1.5 quarters without Kawhi in game 1 of the WCF.

If you look at their on/off numbers, you have:
    Harden: +6.9 on, +2.3 off
    Kawhi: +8.4 on, +5.0 off
    Steph: +18.5 on, -2.2 off
    Lebron: +8.3 on, -9.0 off

Spurs still good without Kawhi. Rockets still positive without Harden. Cavs and Warriors both get outscored without their MVP players. The Warriors one is surprising, but it is what it is.

I'm not hating on Harden as a person. Would I like him to focus less on strip clubs and more on defense? Sure. But I think it is just who he is as a player. If Kawhi, Lebron, Curry are having off games offensively, they still impact the game a ton. Lebron and Kawhi defensively. Curry just the way he constantly spreads out other teams. It is what it is. harden has more bad performances (3 out of 11 playoff games with gamescores under 10, vs. 4 out of 81 during the regular season) and fewer dominant performances (2 out of 11 playoff games with gamescores over 30, vs. 22 out of 81 in the regular season) in the playoffs.

Obviously getting 2 more all-stars to play next to Harden would be amazing.

Sooty likes this.
  16. Sooty

Just saying Channing Frye, McGee and Monroe had a better PER.

17. JayZ750

I'd rather not make it a Harden vs. Conley debate. Harden's clearly better overall, and Conley hasn't been nearly as special in prior year playoffs. But he kicked ass this year. Just don't like it when people take something I say, and pretend I said something completely different.

Also, this thread is about Harden's unanimous 1st team all nba selection, which is absolutely deserved.

Absolutely. PER definitely needs to be viewed through the appropriate lenses. I like to only compare players with PER that are in the same level regarding role on team and responsibilities, etc. And even then you have to be careful using that stat.

YOLO and Sooty like this.
  18. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk Member

For all intents and purposes, Harden gives you 80+ games a year, minus a couple bad performances, where he balls out of his mind and that's more than anyone has given the Rockets since, Dream. I hope we can get The Beard some help, maybe a couple of Playoff hero's who can take over when the lights get bright. A lot of us are still very confused about game 6. It's like watching Spanglish when Adam Sandler's wife told him she was cheating on him and then everything went silent and the world cracked. Felt something like then when you just know your squad is going to come out and mop the floor with the Leonard and Parker-less Spurs, only to become the nasty water in the bucket.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

whoaaah i thought he doesnt get any awards cuz he's the only one who abuses the rulebook? must be a typo. i think klay should get it over harden, he's a better two-way player

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Congrats to The Beard. Still elite imo