1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is still a top 5 nba player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, May 11, 2017.

1. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

No, I just happened to actually play the game in to my 20's and can use my eyes to see what defense looks like.

Do me a favor... find me ONE PERSON who played or coached the game (that isn't Morley the should-be-fired-apologist) that says Harden plays average defense.

Just. One. Person.

2. Mr. Space City

the ****?

blowing a 28-3 3rd quarter lead in the super bowl is a massive failure.

[​IMG]

3. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yup, went right past me and in to the bin where your delusion about Jordan and Harden being mentioned in the same sentence makes any sense is stored.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Do you think Pippen would've become one of the best forwards of all time without Jordan's influence?

Harden's defense was so terrible that we were forced to surround him with plus defenders (Beverley, Ariza, Josh Smith, Howard). If you want to blame someone for Harden's offensively deficient teammates, blame Harden.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's probably top 5/6, but games like this are why he isn't top 3/4.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

CRAP man, why can't HadToDoItCF run our franchise? The dude played in his freaking 20's for god sakes, he has some of the best eyes I've ever seen. Dude flat out KNOWS basketball.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess you think Harden is better than Jordan then.

Because Jordan had SOOOOO much success without Pippen.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It works both ways, but great players need to play with great players. If they don't, they just become Iverson and Barkley.

9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

LOL. Keep it flowing bro, I love the fact that you keep putting a bottom-dweller on defense in the same sentence as a man who competed on every possession.

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So you can't find a SINGLE PERSON to say that James Harden plays average defense?

Not one?

And I'm a mouthpiece.... lol.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That's because he's hidden on the opponent's worst wing. Against the Spurs, we didn't have anywhere to hide Harden, and he kept losing track of Danny Green.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So, making the superbowl is a HUGE failure then.

13. liveguy

liveguy Member

Dude didn't take a shot from the field until halfway through the 2nd quarter.

He went 18 minutes without taking a shot.

No one else finds that suspect?

Really?

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not even my argument, keep attacking that strawman bro.

15. Mr. Space City

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's unrealistic.

Only one team will win the championship, if you don't win that doesn't mean blow it all up or that nothing good could have come from the season.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Top 5 in the meaningless regular season? Sure i guess but who gives a rats ash. I mean really who cares? Why would the OP even bring up such a stupid thing? He is a complete bum in the playoffs. He is total crap whennits winning time.

18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

What straw man? I didn't set up any argument for you. Learn2logic bro. I am fascinated that you keep putting them in the same sentence.

Don't use 10 dollar words with your 3 cent logic.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Harden played pretty solid defense in the post all series, no one's arguing he's All-NBA defense. Besides, defense was far from the issue. You guys act like you predicted this **** coming because you've always known he doesn't play defense, yet that was not at all what decided this game. If his defense is so bad, why did we win 55 games this year and beat the supposed MVP 4-1 in the first round? Where were you after we blew out the Spurs in game 2?

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Jordan was already a great player before Pippen arrived.

The only way we can improve as a team is if Harden fixes the huge weaknesses in his game. IMO, he was better in 2015. That means that he hasn't improved in 2 years. Sure, he had great numbers this year, but that was due to increased usage and the additions of Gordon/Anderson.

21. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So I'm looking for one person who said that he played "average" defense... let alone solid.

Just one person.