1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comey Fired

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, May 9, 2017.

?

Do you agree with the firing?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  3. Yes but only after the Russian investigation

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Normally it would be, but our friends on the left won't be able to bring themselves to agree with anything Trump does even if it's something they wanted done.

Honestly no matter where you stand, there's plenty of reason to want Comey fired for how he's handled things the last year or so.

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Why not fire him on January 20th if that is the real reason? This is an abuse of power.

Cold Hard and Nook like this.
  3. WNBA

WNBA Member

I think it is the beginning of something good.

We all knew what happened to Nixon after he fired his prosecutor .

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4-D checkers.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Easily the scummiest administration since Nixon's. I know that sounds partisan, but who cares? The truth is the truth.

They'll do whatever they can to screw up the Russia investigation. I can only hope it blows up in their faces at some point or another; but Trump bought himself some time, if nothing else.

Time for some good old-fashioned leaks to the "Woodstein!" newspaper.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

what an insult to Nixon !

8. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Disliked Comey for giving Clinton a pass on mishandling of classified information simply because he deemed her intent was not improper. A crime is a crime.

Now Clinton wants to crawl out from under her rock and declare herself an activist and part of the resistance? She should have been thankful that Trump chose to be magnanimous and not pursue charges. Now that she is actively working against the president I hope she is prosecuted and locked up.

9. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I think Comey may have brought the FBI a little too much into the forefront of things (IDK, I'm younger and don't know the history on that crap), but from all the open hearings I think that Comey was very level headed and professional. I find the furthest questioning and distrust of the intelligence community came from all of Trump's nonsense.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Waiting for the left to applaud this as they were calling for this guy to be fired all over the BBS months ago.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  11. TheresTheDagger

I had hopes for this as well.

Alas......

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm on the left, and initially thought Comey was correct in his announcement about Clinton prior to the election. I have since had my doubts, but I'm not in favor of him being fired. Usually, guys that are criticized by both sides means they are quite possibly true independents. So the fact that both parties criticize a guy could just mean he's doing his job independently.

This is especially troubling because the FBI is investigating Trump's associates and all of a sudden he fires the head of the FBI. Absolutely horrible.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Waiting for the right to stop thinking they know what the left wants. Some establishment Democrats felt that way, no doubt. As someone on the left, I never advocated for him to be fired.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nearly every liberal on this board was calling for him to be fired right after the election.....so that's what makes people think that's what they wanted. Now that Trump does what damn near the entire board said they wanted, those same people show up and complain about it.

There's no defending how Comey handled the Clinton investigation and he deserved to be fired. That really should be the end of the story.

15. TL

TL Contributing Member

[QUOTE="Bobbythegreat, post: 11086136, member: 53688"
    Honestly no matter where you stand, there's plenty of reason to want Comey fired for how he's handled things the last year or so.[/QUOTE]

??? I am FAR from a leftist, but this is so sketchy. How does the guy chanting "lock her up" and the guy who who praised Comey's bravery for the HRC announcemt fire him for the HRC investigation?

DT doesn't give a eff anymore. He will do whatever he can to protect himself. I hope we elected people that will protect us instead.

16. TheresTheDagger

This is what happens when an Attorney General takes a private meeting on a plane with the husband of a Presidential candidate under FBI investigation. Comey was stupid in his handling of this and made many mistakes, but he was PUT into this situation by the reckless behavior of the Democratic Attorney General at the time and the Clinton campaign.

17. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Jesus, what a bleating scree of ignorance-just like your president. How many times do you need to be told that Trump cant direct anyone in the Justice Department to prorsecute someone? Given that he can't spell "magnanimous" much less act in such a way unless he's complementing dictators and human rights abusers your arguement is even more pointless. Seriously, are you a Trump advisor? You sound just as vapid, bush-league and out of touch.

CometsWin likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's possible. I posted on this board that I supported his decision. I saw others on the board say that they understood how Comey could feel he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. I did see some say he should be fired. Most of the folks saying he should be fired that I saw were establishment Democrats and not real leftists.

That being said, I wasn't that interested in it, and didn't see any kind of polls or investigate it with any real depth.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, no matter where you stand, you can point to wrongdoing. Coming from the right, the idea that he refused to seek charges against her despite finding evidence of wrongdoing was enough to be fired. If you are on the left, you'd be mad about him bringing things up right before the election.

No matter where you stand on the Hillary investigation, Comey did a terrible job.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is weird comment. I know you are huge stickler for context too. The Russian investigation and the timing mean nothing to you?