1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd Attempt: GOP/Trump Repeal & Replace ACA and Trump lie about pre-exist coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Should the country as a whole provide healthcare to it's citizens as a basic right? No, healthcare is not a right. That said, if you want to make it a right, I'd fully support that so long as you are willing to stop having the government fund other things in order to take on that massive burden. I'm not fine with adding another massive burden to a government that is already spending 60% of their budget on entitlement programs and is trillions in debt.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

If you're actually concerned about the debt, you can start with the absurd amount we spend in the military. Social programs on the other hand actually help real citizens. If you want to limit the social programs to reduce debt, then an easy adjustment is only allowing families making less than X amount of $ to be eligible for public healthcare. In other words, social programs should only be used to help those who actually need it. If I'm a millionaire when I retire, why do I need social security checks? I'd rather donate them to a less fortunate family.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

The best thing Dems can do is unify from the very beginning. Bernie turning his base against Clinton is really what got the snowball going against her in the first place.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thus the individual mandate....

The reason they are pulling out isn't always because of losses though:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/investing/aetna-obamacare-humana-merger/

Anyway, if you are so worried about insurance companies not providing coverage, why not just have a public option?

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Agree. More seats but less votes.

6. cml750

cml750 Member

Well this is better than the first monstrosity they pushed but does not go far enough. I am sure the Senate will water it down even more and we will end up with something less than this when they reconcile the plans approved by the two branches. Anything will be better than the current crap the Dems forced on us that has caused cost to skyrocket and is about to implode. If the Senate doesn't screw this up too bad the Republicans will win more seats in 2018 when people start seeing their healthcare premiums, copay, and deductible cost go down.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What libertarian country's government should the USA model itself after?

8. what

what Member

If the republicans put this shitty bill into law, (that they themselves don't even have to abide by, see that shitty provision) this party can burn to the ground for all I care.

This **** is war. War on the American people.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Premiums will always go down when you take away health insurance from sick people. Of course tens of thousands of people will die for your lower premiums. It's the Republican way to take away services from those that need them the most so greedy a-holes can have tax cuts.

10. what

what Member

Also, to all people in here that are republicans and hate Obamacare, are you really going to tell me with a straight face that you LOVE the pure greed that this bill represents. Honestly?

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Some of that can be fixed easly stop giving money to other countries and take care of those here who have less to give you say it's 60 % of the budget going to entitlement programs proof of that please.When will it ever be ok to help out Americans and it not be a problem.This a ? i'm asking all not just bobbyg

12. adoo

adoo Member

you can't possibly be that ignorant ! ur just another so-called US citizen who is ignorant of the Preamble to the U.S. Declaration of Independence, in 1776.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

massive burden such as
    • the invasion of Iraq under false pretense
    • refusal to close Quntanimo Bay
    • tax breaks for the top 1%, depletion/depreciation/amortization of intangible assets, pass-thru tax shelters, etc, such as Trump
    • no bid Gov't contracts awarded to mercenary groups such as Black Water
    such as the current house bill for Trumpcare..

effectively, they's loosen the requirement for "pre-existing" condition, where a state can opt out of providing such coverage, which will reduce the cost. The cost saving----emanating from not covering people afflicted w pre-existing conditions will be used to finance the forth coming tax cuts (such as eliminating the alternative minimum tax requirement) for the top 1%.

Based on Trump's 2005 tax return that was made public, w no AMT requirement, he.w an income > $150 million, would have save > $35 million.

indeed, "redistribution of wealth" is merely theft by another name

#152 adoo, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  13. Faust

Faust Member

I'm a Republican who hates this bill and didn't like ACA. I want our health care to be a legit free market where I can see what each procedure costs and the report card for short and long term for those procedures. I should be able to do that for every doctor and hospital. I have access to a lot more numbers when shopping for a phone, car, or house.

When you get rid of pre-existing condition protection, get rid of things like ambulance and ER being covered, give the rich a $770 billion tax cut, don't wait for more CBO info, and rush something through that involves almost a fifth of GDP, then what kind of party are you? Does this help the common people or the Establishment?

Btw I voted for Kasich in the primaries and Hillary in the general

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The part of his base that turned against Hillary was 10% or less. A lot of his base were people who only got into politics because they liked what he was fighting for, and weren't normal political participants.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Unsurprisingly, Erectile Dysfunction isn't a pre-existing condition.

superfob and wouldabeen23 like this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The original CBO score showed major increases in premiums actually. So it was more expensive, kicked 24 mill off of insurance, increased the deficit, BUT it covered pre existing conditions.

Now this new garbage pile bill takes away pre existing conditions. The 8 billion going to the high risk pool isn't a ton but it's not coming out of this air. So basically expect premiums to STILL go up.

I'm glad the right wing guy you were replying to is so much happier to get this new bill that is far more cruel and expensive than the last one. Glad to know that the Republican Party is willing to sacrifice everything they supposedly stand for (fiscal conservativism, Christ like behavior) all for the sake of tax cuts for the rich.

And we haven't even seen this "tax plan" yet which is sure to be a doozy now that they are likely repealing Obamacare to free up even more money for rich people.

All I know is Republicans and GOP voters like the poster you were quoting better study up on trickle down economics because it's the only talking point they have left when this is all said and done. I'm not sure how Republicans that support this President can continue to look at themselves in the mirror and think they are actually good people.

17. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Somalia's...DUH

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If Obamacare was so terrible why is congress keeping it for themselves?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/polling-review-health-care-reform-likely-to-be-unpopular/

The 2010 Affordable Care Act
    Approve Disapprove

Total 49% 45

Republicans 20% 77

Democrats 74% 19

Independents 49% 44

Liberals 77% 17

Moderates 53% 39

Conservatives 26% 69

Men 47% 47

Women 51% 43

Age 18-29 57% 36

Age 30-44 59% 35

Age 45-64 47% 49

Age 65+ 34% 57

Cities 59% 38

Suburbs 50% 43

Rural 35% 57

Its funny how 65+ year olds hate Obamacare except they get medicare. Which is a single payer system.

#158 Air Langhi, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  19. what

what Member

Because they are scums of the earth. Easy. You pass a bill you yourself aren't willing to abide by. That takes some libido.

20. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

They've got theirs with Medicare. Obamacare doesn't help them and it's named after a black guy. If anything there are now probably longer waits at the doctor's office.