1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What adjustments will D'Antoni make for Game 3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arubato, May 4, 2017.

1. arubato

arubato Member

Will he play Harrell/Dekker/Troy?
    Pull Gasol out of the lane?
    Request NBA for a new set of refs?

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

What about Morey? Insert him into the starting five. I've seen him hitting from behind the arc.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Take Harden out of rotation

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Posters like you turn me off from clutchfans. This place is a train wreck after losses sometimes.

rm365, dkim1984, mario_v and 8 others like this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Do you realize how bipolar your posts are? Just the other day you were riding his jock. You have no loyalty at all

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Now we can have beverly play full court defense on Kawhi.... it doesn't matter if he doesn't have the ball make him work to get on every spot on the floor. I don't think Parker is going to be a factor. We have to match their physicality and when we have the ball we need to run. We lost when we started to play their game. It was obvious Harden was winded. It took forever for our guys to get up the court. If parker is out of the series then let beverly hound him until ariza gets there. Take advatage of Parkers injury and wear out their guards.

7. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Play the same way you play all year...Shoot the dam 3 balls and making them...

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Put the foot down on the gas pedal.

Even on a bad night, the Rockets had 4 players in double figures shooting over 50% from the field.

Just don't let up, period.

Make this a race: first to team to 120 wins.

Push that pace relentlessly.

If the Spurs can shoot 60% from the field and keep up then they deserve to win.

Otherwise; tempo, tempo, tempo.

I wanna see guys sniffing oxygen tanks, getting IV on the sidelines, hands on their knees gasping for air.

No Court For Old Men.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Our biggest problem was Harden playing like trash, not anything MDA can adjust about that. Slap him and tell him to ****ing KILL Manu, Mills and Parker anytime they have the audacity to D him up. I lost my **** seeing Harden not take advantage of those clear mismatches.

Secondly, For the love of god box the **** out. Why are we in the post season with this rookie problem? It's 100% on the coaching staff, there's no reason to have a team of players who don't box out.

3rd, attack the rim, take advantage of Capelas lob threat. Gasol/Lee/Aldridge cannot stop Capela from getting lobs on PnR's if the guard is attacking, anytime Dedmon isn't the one guarding Clint, they need to run non stop PnR's with him.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

- If Kawhi is on Harden throughout, I'd LOVE to see D'Antoni plant Harden in the corner every possession (not even bringing the ball up)

Change the rotation and insert Lou to be the playmaker.

I'm much more confident in the Rockets' offense minus Harden, performing better than the Spurs' defense minus Kawhi.

- Go back to gang rebounding. I don't understand why one game we look phenomenal doing this, then the very next they don't bother at all.

- (with the hope of Kawhi being in the corner with Harden) run to death a Lou Will p'n'r with whoever Gasol/LMA/Lee is guarding. Would be exponentially better if EGo is in the opposite corner to Harden.

- If he isn't hitting his shots, cut Ariza's minutes. He isn't stopping Kawhi one on one. The only time we've looked good defending him is with the double team. Dekker or Troy Williams need to be given some burn. They both bring different things to help this team offensively, plus their athleticism is much better in slashing to the basket. In my opinion they're both also terrific helping out on the defensive boards.

- Harden needs to start taking some midrange jumpers, and eliminating the volume long rang shooting when he has a big switched on him. I'm sure the fact he isn't getting calls contributes to this - but he needs to look to attack and score as his first option whenever Gasol/LMA/Lee are on him - much like he did last series.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Clearly Harden had something lingering like a hip or ankle problem. No will to drive or move, picking up dribble and passing away ruined the entire flow! Replica of game 3 at okc

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wouldn't change a single thing.

Speed up the pace, chuck more 3s.

Pau isn't going to be the defensive presence he was tonight every night, that was thanks to us practically getting no calls in the paint. All their bigs are soft, yes, softer than ours.

Lets just hope Ariza hits more shots and Lou has had his one bad game this series because Ryno is probably going clang all his shots since he's playing at home...

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

How about we see what the defense is giving us (open 3s or drives to the lane) and maximize that...
    plus we could always leave guys in that are playing well... and take minutes away from player(s) that are struggling that night....

...jus sayin...

14. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Hustle & Rebound!
    Let Leslie talk to the refs before the game.

Rox11 and Ozzy like this.
  15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Bash a player for having a good game? You're foolish and walking thin ice

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL @ "walking thin ice." Internet threats!

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Play harder clap clap clap.

rockbox likes this.
  18. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Just play like game 1,we wil be invincible.

WilliamGCash and J Sizzle like this.
  19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

If you're responding to who I think you're responding to (and I think you are because he/she/it is the only poster on my ignore list right now who hasn't been banned or vanished from the forums) then you're wasting your time. Remember, there is an ignore feature and it works very well.

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  20. theh

theh Member

Let Montrez bring his energy for a few minutes.