1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Paul Millsap our savior ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Apr 30, 2017.

?

Would he take us to championship level ?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No, too old

32 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Rather PG or Hayward

42 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. Will cost too much

16 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. I'm sick of you DMO, go get a rebound

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

o ye of little faith ...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

James Harden is our savior

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

32 years old

Poor three point percentage

Forget about it

4. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Pee on Millsap & Hayward. Lets win Here, Now, This year. Get the Big Kahuna, then try for Porzingis or the Greek Freak.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Millsap and Griffin threads on the front page? Where is the Hayward thread, the best fit/age FA star this summer?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are in the second round of the playoffs and won their first round match up 4-1. What do they need to be saved from?

hongxingli likes this.
  7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I would rather pursue Gordon Hayward even if the pursuit turns out to be futile. Millsap was a great option 5 years ago. Today, he won't live up to the inflated contracts being handed out in the NBA.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

He would make us better no question, savior though? Nope.

I voted for Hayward/George first and tbh at this point i'd take Cousins over him if possible...mainly cause i'm also scared about how much money he's going to command.

It's true that he's 32, but it's also true that he came in the NBA at 22 (or 23, can't remember now) and he never played heavy minutes in his career, in fact he came off the bench for few seasons in Utah, i can see him playing well for another 3/4 years, not really scared about his age.

But again, how much money he's going to cost? That's the big question, if he's going to be ok with 20/25 i guess you don't pass him after Hayward and George are gone, if he's going to ask 30/max i'd pass and wait for someone else like Boogie.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Does Millsap thanks the Lord after each basket ? If not ill rather have rhyno. hes the best floor spacer in the world

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Millsap STRUGGLED from three in the playoffs. 3-17 struggled. But he played really well otherwise.

It's super hard to judge star player that just played a season next to Dwight.

Only the Rockets personnel men know, but if Trez can develop a 33# three point shot, or close to 40% from the corners, it obviously makes much more sense to develop that and chase a star SF.

That said, the Warriors in 13/14 we're basically the same team except David Lee got a ton of minutes and Green got less. They developed internally, got that multi-purpose PF in place, added Shaun Livingston and limited the minutes of their no defense PF Lee and were off to the races.

Rockets adding Millsap would be somewhat similar, limiting Anderson's minutes (HEY!!! Anderson is also white, just like Lee... white guy to white guy comparison for the win!!!).

All of which is to say if Gordon Hayward even remotely shows any interest in the Rockets, he's clearly choice 1. But there are few players who seem more destined to stay with their team than Hayward. Everything is on the up and up there for him.

11. Daddy Long Legs

whatsup with all the offseason threads? we are still in contention right now

Cash Cam and Tfor3 like this.
  12. Purp8585

Purp8585 Member

Dont forget the lethal pump fake

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont think its fair to judge his 3 point shooting based on the series when he is on Hawks.

He is pretty much the primary scoring option on that team so he will be covered most of the time.

He will see much better looks in here.

He will improve us at the 4 spot, no question.

That being said, we will have to pay a heavy price for a short term solution because of his age. A lot of money for 1 or 2 seasons at most before his legs start to give way. For that kind of investment, Rockets will have to win a championship to make that deal worthwhile when compared to where we are right now without him.

Richie_Rich and RudyTBag like this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Dont undervalue anderson though guys. I think a 3 upgrade is more important than a 4 upgrade when you factor in ariza/anderson age.

I love Ariza. He is top 5 favorite rockets in my lifetime. He just loves the city so much. He is getting older though.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Debatable because we get absolutely no defense or rebounding at the 4 as it is.

16. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Obligatory.

#36 burlesk, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Vivi and Zboy like this.
  17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

He's staying in Utah. Have no hope for him to come to Houston. But Paul George is the one who could come because of the frustration he has in Indiana.

#37 thedude077, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We all know the only savior for the Rockets is

Ricky Rubio

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

I've heard from a reliable source that money has been paid, under the table, to silently take out the big 3/4 of GS during the next round of the playoffs with Utah. I'M SERIOUS!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Skilled allstar blue collar guy in the weaker East