1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Paul Millsap our savior ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Apr 30, 2017.

?

Would he take us to championship level ?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No, too old

32 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Rather PG or Hayward

42 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. Will cost too much

16 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. I'm sick of you DMO, go get a rebound

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. DMO (DJ remix)

All the talk about PG or Hayward taking us to promised land, but what about Millsap. His the perfect big for our team, can play pf can play C, strong, crafty, can shot from distance, can play post, i mean, he would cost an arm and than some and his age is a concern, but he haven't had many injuries unlike, lets say someone like Blake. What do you think guys ?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

pretty much yes.

brewer + picks for millsap.

3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

He would be an upgrade over Anderson, but I'm not sure on the whole savior thing.

Besides, shouldn't we wait until after the playoffs before we start thinking about this? I know that many posters here give us no chance to beat the Spurs or Golden State, but I still have confidence that we can.

jevjnd, Tfor3, snowconeman22 and 8 others like this.
  4. DMO (DJ remix)

I could see us beating Spurs, but GSW is just a whole another level.

5. arubato

arubato Member

Why do we need a savior? Are we out of the playoffs?

6. Tha_Dude

Yeah, but we haven't played them yet. I feel like MDA held back a bit in our opening series against OKC but we're about to see some next level **** here against the Spurs in round 2. Golden State will have their hands full with Utah as well. Lot's of basketball left to be played before we start thinking about next year.

We have a very deep team, guys who can get hot at a moments notice and haven't yet. All season, I can't remember a time when our team was hitting on all cylinders as a whole. It could still happen in these playoffs and if it does you bet your ass that we could beat SA and Golden State.

7. DMO (DJ remix)

I agree with everything, but Anderson so far has been garbage, i do hope like everyone else that he can play some good games. But even than, his refusal to play great at home compared on the road is strange, all in all, our bigs could use upgrade and i see Millsap as an ideal fit. Our team has a lot of gritty players and he would be just perfect match.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

No, Millsap is no savior. Idk why so many of y'all are dying to sign this dude. He is already 32 and will cost a ton of money. I have no idea why so many people want to give him a 4 year deal. We will be paying him through his inevitable decline and could end up with an albatross contract.

Richie_Rich and macho GRANDE like this.
  9. rockets13champs

You could have a draymond clone with Milsap.

Relativist likes this.
  10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no, even if he works o nhis threes. too old, demand the max, prolly 2 years left tops at being a near all star

11. Tha_Dude

Draymond and Millsap are entirely different players.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nah I would rather have Rhyno standing 10 feet behind the 3 point lane cause he provides that spacing

oh and he has those step back fadeaways

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe can help us repeat
    I am not ready to concede this year yet

Rocket River

14. Tha_Dude

That's a real fan talking.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

SAVIOR? Ain't the Rox still alive in this thingy, this NBA tourney? We're talkin' SAVIOR???

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Pretty sure most Rockets players believe Jesus to be their Savior, not Paul Millsap.

17. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I hope you trolling because only an idiot would feel this way.

18. ilias

ilias Member

Millsap would definitely move the needle. Whether this would be enough to compete with GSW is questionable, but he would increase our odds of upsetting the Warriors from 5% to 20%. I would love to have him in the team, but his age and price tag makes it almost impossible. If I were Morey, I would put forward a cheeky 2/50 offer, see if he bites. He most likely will not entertain such an offer, as some desperate team is bound to give him over 3/90.

19. rockets13champs

in that Millsap is a decent passer from post, his defense isn't nearly as good. Millsap would be our small ball 5. He could shoot the 3 as opposed to Griffin where it is non-existent

20. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I read somewhere that MDA had a different scheme or strategy that he was going to reveal in the playoffs. Anyone else remember this?

No Chill Rocket likes this.