1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The All-Encompassing Watt Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Ericstocracy, Sep 8, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston Dash player Kealia Ohai confirms she's dating J.J. Watt

Houston Dash star Kealia Ohai, the sister-in-law of Watt teammate Brian Cushing, recently revealed on a podcast that she's dating Watt, the defensive end who's on the sidelines this season, thanks to an injury.

"The rumors are true. We are dating," Ohai said on the 2 Up Front podcast in early October.

"I've known J.J. for a really long time, and we've always been really great friends, and yeah, I'm really proud of him for everything he's been going through, but it's been pretty crazy with all the rumors," the 24-year-old said.​

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Beautiful article from Watt courtesy of the Player's Tribune:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jj-watt-am-i-done/

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Let me get this straight... there is a chance that JJ Watt will be brothers in-law with Cushing as they both could be married to Houston Dash players?! Can I just get an invite to that Thanksgiving dinner?!

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Cushing's wife doesn't play for the Dash, only her sister does.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

forgive me... I was.. um... distracted.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Commodore

10. Commodore

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Where do you stand on J.J. Watt?
    J.J. Watt has become one of the more polarizing athletes in sports today. At times he seems like the greatest guy in the world. Other times, it seems like he's just showing off for the camera. On Wednesday, he offered to pay the $100,000 fine of Houston Rockets owner Les Alexander by tweeting "Les, I know you got it, but if you need us to chip in, we got you fam. #RunAsOne." To me, this is Watt trying to become part of the story as there's less than zero chance Alexander asks Watt to help him pay the fine. What do you think of him?

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Is this writer serious? Also, what the hell is SI Extra Mustard? Sports journalism today is a cesspool.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

What's good, fam?
    I don't think watt does it to get his name out there. He is just is loyal to his city. Kind of like when we offered to pay for Van Gundy's fine for talking about the maltreatment of Big Yao in that Dallas series. We weren't going to actually pay for it. It just seemed like the appropriate thing to say. Bleed the H. Naw what I mean'?

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's a little bit of both. If all he wanted to do was pay for the fine I'm sure he could have gotten the message to Les without using social media. He definitely likes the attention (most of us would too) and I can't get mad. He is a public figure and he is maximizing it as most athletes would like to do. He is able to garner all the attention by doing commendable things. Sure beats the alternative.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  15. jbasket

jbasket Member

So with all of the Ray Rices, Hardy's, failed drug tests, etc., and the NFL has a superstar here always doing good things and being a model citizen, people are now b******g about it too?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

houstonstime likes this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I say we sit back and let the b****es b****. They obviously don't know a good thing if it slapped them on the tit.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/30/h...avage-deshaun-watson-jj-watt-jadeveon-clowney

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Only players to win Defensive Player Of the Year awards 3 times; are the great Lawrence Taylor
    and our own JJ Watt.

When you consider the great players of the game like Bruce Smith, Mean Joe Green, Deion Sanders,
    Mel Blount, Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, Reggie White, Ray Lewis, James Harrison,
    Rod Woodson, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, etc.

Add recent players like Von Miller, Kuechly, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Patrick Peterson,
    Ndamukong Suh and others. Award has been given out since 1971, so it's quit an achievement.
    It's a nice feather in Watts cap to have and I'm glad he is with Houston & not Tennessee, Jacksonville,
    Colts or the Patriots. 31 other teams would kill to have JJ Watt for what he does on and off the field.

Watt might be a socal butterfly, but that's ok. Houston may have 99 problems; but JJ Watt ain't one of them.

#539 ApacheWarrior, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    c1utchfan925 likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member