1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2015.

?

Have you given up on James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

47.2%
  2. No, give him more time to be as good of a leader as T-Mac.

52.8%
  1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

But we won that series. Harden got the last laugh. It was apparent that he was a star player after his 1st game here when he dropped 37 and 12.

Personally I like his demeanor. He has proven to be a leader and good teammate this year. I dont want a huff and puff guy. I like the silent locked in assasin emotionless demeanor.

Its a common mistake for lots of people to assume huffing and puffing guys are more about dat life then calm guys.

My dad always talks about this when trying lawsuits. He says clients want him to be a huff and puff guy but hes gonna be himself and do what he thinks it takes to win. You cant change someones personality nor is it effective to try to be someone that you just arent when you are competing in any arena.

I believe this is part of the reason casual neutral fans love westbrook more. They confuse his huffing and puffing for "playing with heart, grit, and determination"

Just my two cents on Harden. Ive always liked that dude

BigMaloe and swyyyguy like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

No. I don't dig people hating on other people's personalities. You have to let it be. Everyone has to be true to themselves. Maybe some of yall aren't introverts and socially awkward in real life like Harden is but I am and understand how that clouds outsiders perspectives on your ability to get the job done.

You see it in the business world and legal word too. A lot of clients think you should try to be someone you're not when you are competing in an arena. That is not true. Results are what matter. Just win

You have to be true to yourself. Harden is who he is

BigMaloe and Obito like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I feel u. I agree with what you're saying. I haven't read any of the early pages in this thread so maybe swyyyguy was some saying some real outlandish sh*t, but if his only issues with Harden are when he seems to be a little too lackadaisical on the court and he's not some true Harden hater then I can at least respect that.

Sometimes Harden makes me yell at my TV (these days it's mainly when he's having a turnover fest and just trying some really ill-advised passes or when he keeps taking contested threes off the dribble and he's not making them), but I still love the dude and understand that he has his flaws like every other superstar. I appreciate what we have because that era right after Yao and before Harden got here brought a lot of dark days. Harden saved us from mediocrity, and it could be many years before we ever get another player on his level.

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

@swyyyguy didn't say any outlandish ****. he was way within bounds and I understand it and feel that way sometimes too. No doubt Swyydude is a diehard real rockets fan. I just feel with harden you need to take the good with the bad. Mchale tried to scare him into not making the kind of plays he makes now which also limited harden's assists.

He is who he is and I think we have to accept the complete package. The dude who makes that dumb wrap around turnover driving to the basket pass to nene with 30 seconds left (when he shoulda just held the ball) is the same dude who had the balls to do that fullcourt pass to nene on the fast break with like 4 minutes left.

He is also one of the only dudes in the nba who doesn't act too overly macho to do bounce passes. How many other nba players do bounce passes as common as harden?

I'm a firm believer that you can't have one without the other. You either encourage him and you get homerun plays and head scratching wtf plays or you discourage him and you get neither. Thats why I like Dantoni over Mchale.

DreamEarlNolan, BigMaloe and Reeko like this.
  5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Fact is, you stand behind your superstar through thick and thin. It's true, Brewer, Smoove & Terry brought us back in that series, but Harden ENDED it & in the end, cabbage patch b**** Rivers was cooked.

I just don't understand the logic of Harden haters (or as they like to be called, "non homers"). Harden has consistently made those who've bashed him, look completely silly. It's like they're favorite ****ing food is crow 'cause they eat that **** WEEKLY.

So swyydude isn't THAT bad compared to some other Harden haters (all those he does feed off other Harden haters which in my book, makes him a perennial douchebag). What separates swyydude is the fact that his attention seeking caused him to mistakenly make the worst active thread in clutchfans history & that will forever associate him as one of the worst posters on the forum. That is fact.

He gets no sympathy from me, he made his bed & now he has to sleep in it.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Lol! Making this thread was not a mistake. This thread is actually one of the better threads on ClutchFans as evidenced by how much activity it gets and how many people agree with me. You must be pretty new to ClutchFans if you don't know about my many other great threads. :D You may not like me and my threads but plenty of other people do.

And don't worry, I don't need or want any sympathy from you.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*Narrator voice*

"It was a mistake..."

BigMaloe, kjayp and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

@swyyyguy is cool. Last time i went to Burger King, he gave me an extra order of large fries at no cost. Top notch service. No complaints

Obviously i just sent it the way of the fatty @Mr. Motiejunas

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Getting out of the first round is easy for Harden

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Leader like tmac ?
    Best joke on this thread

11. riko

riko Member

Stop lying you clown.

tinman likes this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm dying

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You are a ****ing mavs fan, you even said it a while back

tinman likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

LOL so he is a lin fan, Tmac fan and a ponies fan? What a toxic combo.

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Huh? :confused:

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Not a Lin fan or a Mavs fan. Definitely a Rockets fan AND a fan of hall of famer and one of the greatest Rockets of all time, Tracy McGrady. :cool:

Snow Villiers likes this.
  17. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Dam fraud...Even the great hall of framer T-Mac can't even get out of the first round...shame to the city of houston.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's 2 for 5 in his Rocket career. Although in fairness, his team was the favorite in only 3 of those 5 series(2014, 2015, 2017). That puts him way above T-Mac who never got out of the first round(no, 2009 does not count), and right up there with Dream who had his issues getting out of the first round after 1987 and before Rudy T took over as coach.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

T-Mac played in the finals, breh!

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

T-Mac played in the finals in 2013, breh!