1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

The draft is in a couple of days will the Texans take a QB or OL in the 1st?

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'll stick with QB. OL can be addressed later on day 2, 3.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll stick with OL, QB can be addressed later on day 2, 3.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

OL/Safety

Wattafan likes this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Undersized DE and make him switch to LB

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

OL if one of Ramczyk, Bolles, or Robinson is there. Get Kaaya after.

7. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

I'm sure they'll draft a 6'8" PF - Right?

mikol13 likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol

9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I will stick with:
    OT (Bolles/Ramczyk) Texans have options in mid rounds that can play behind Clark/Lamm or FA Pasztor.
    ILB/OLB (TJ Watt) Raekwon McMillan-move up early 2nd; saw Blair Brown (Ohio) pushed around 5th rd.
    ........Cushing-possible cap casualty at seasons end.....or get a few yrs more out of him by move to OLB.
    Safety/Corner combo (Obi Melifonwu) some experts are moving Eddie Jackson to 1st rd. Former corner.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

The only thing certain is the networks will be on commercial break when the Texans pick. ;)

11. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-tuesday-notes-draft-week

I’ve heard an opinion from more than a few people who believe Garett Bolles could slip out of the first round. It’s not an opinion I share, as Bolles still grades as the premier left tackle in this year’s draft on my board.

The teams that I hear are highest on Bolles right now include the Denver Broncos (20th selection), New York Giants (No. 23), Oakland Raiders (No. 24) and Houston Texans (No. 25).

texans1095 likes this.
  12. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Peppers or Bolles.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Mahomes
    Watson
    Watt
    Robinson
    Cunningham

Fullcourt likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

He could play QB, as long has his arm is inaccurate.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Alright boys, I am no insider but lucky enough to be buddies with a guy on the team.

Leaked through player rumblings- BoB is gunning hard for a trade up for Pat Mahomes.

Take it for what it is, a defensive player telling me this but I thought I would share.

BigMaloe, mikol13, Commodore and 5 others like this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So much for smokescreens. BOB is enamored with Mahomes.

17. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

-Staying in the AFC South, after speaking with sources, I think it is extremely likely that that Texans will move up to get either Texas Tech quarterback Pat Mahomes II or Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson. I think the slight preference between the two is Mahomes, but both quarterbacks have made a good impression around the league. The key will be if one or both getting past the Saints at pick 11, Browns at 12, and Cardinals at 13. If they do, I think Houston will explore a move up to get one of them. The Texans' need at quarterback is so obvious around the league that teams picking at the top of the second round know they need to jump Houston to get one of those quarterbacks. I don't think the Texans will give up their second-round pick. The third-rounder is probably less likely as well, but they do have two fourth-round selections, and they could look to move up 3-5 spots for one of those picks. Last year Houston moved up for Will Fuller and Nick Martin. The previous year they moved up for Bernardrick McKinney and Jaelen Strong, so the track record of being aggressive is clear.

The Texans are the only team in the NFL that has all of their first-round picks since 2008 still on the team and occupying starting spots. General manager Rick Smith and the scouting staff have done a masterful job of hitting on first-round picks. Now they have the challenge of keeping that streak alive at the most important position on the field and will probably trade up for that quarterback.

-Every year, some players have medical evaluations that end up hurting their draft stock. After the season, it was announced that Wisconsin left tackle Ryan Ramczyk would have hip surgery that would prevent him from working out before the combine. Aside from that issue, teams sources say that there were some other red flags in Ramczyk's medical report and they are concerned about him sustaining lower body injuries in the NFL. If Ramczyk slides to the second round, the medical concerns will definitely be one of the primary reasons.

-In a weak tackle class, teams were hoping for clean reports on Ramczyk and Utah's Garett Bolles, but that wasn't the case. Bolles is healthy physically, but some teams are concerned with his mental health. They worry about how he will handle the stress of the NFL and if that will lead to Bolles having issues staying on the field or not playing well while on it. Other teams weren't concerned and felt that Bolles was over his past issues, but that sentiment isn't agreed upon across the league.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/Around-the-League NFL Draft Rumor Tidbits

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yep, it's pretty transparent.

Say byebye to more picks.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

So either the team does whatever it takes to get the coach's QB or if they don't he can always blame them if the team under-achieves.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can't win them all.