1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Chocolatito robbed

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I don't know if Chocolatito was robbed. i watched the fight via bootleg so i was not able to pay attention to every detail. What i did see was a very even fight and the point on the knockdown being nullified by the headbutt call. When it was over I thought to myself that i could see it going either way. I wasn't surprised that Chocolatito lost. I know, Chocolate tito won a few rounds convincingly and if they were allowed to score those round 10-8 with no knockdown he would have won easily, but that's not the way they score it. Last fight little chocolate barely won, this is two fight in a row where he didn't look like the dominant fighter we seen in his first few appearances on HBO.

3. dragician

dragician Member

It's hard to say he was robben when all he did was moving backwards.

4. hhh345

hhh345 Member

Chocolatito landed over 150 more punches than his opponent, he also landed the much cleaner punches. I think the cut from the accidental headbutt where he was bleeding might of affected the scoring.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. K mf G

Ward v Kovalev rematch set for June 17th. Kovalev was robbed in my opinion and I'll look for him to redeem himself.

KingCheetah likes this.
  6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Lomachenko was predictably impressive. He's becoming the avoided fighter in his weight class much like GGG and Rigondeaux. I hope he can get some real fights. His matador impression was funny.

7. K mf G

Lomanchenko destroyed Sosa. That move he does where he pulls the guard off then throws a right hook is awesome. Maybe Terrance Crawford v Lomanchenko? How much of a weight difference is that?

EssTooKayTD likes this.
  8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lomanchenko is a bad dude. he clowned sosa. i don't think crawford vs loma is a realistic fight. too big for him

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

moving backwards only because thai guy was heavier, thai guy's wild swinging weren't scoring points.

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I believe both camps have agreed that the weight difference is too much. Mikey Garcia is a name they threw out in the post-fight interview.

11. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Who is ready for Joshua v Klitschko this Saturday? Live on Showtime in the afternoon and taped on HBO in the evening. Tell me will it be the young buck or the geriatric warrior? If Joshua does not figure Wlad out within 8 rounds and go for the KO, then I've got Wlad by TKO in the 9th. It could go the distance but it will be bad for Joshua. Any thoughts?

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will be an interesting fight, although Joshua seems like a perfect opponent for Klitschko, being a pretty orthodox and static fighter. Think Klitschko wins with a knockout in round 10-12.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wrong thread.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I hope Wilder gets the winner - we need a heavyweight superfight.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel like he'll be embarrassed by elite talent, the guy is all-power and that's it. Absolutely no head or foot movement.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

90k fans in wembley stadium singing sweet caroline wow the atmosphere for joshua-klitschko is insane

17. KingCheetah

Totally possible but I want to see it.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

ayeee hope this lives up to the hype, only two more minutes.

19. KingCheetah

Joshua make Vlad look skinny out there.