1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That and Gus returning was a pretty open secret, might have been more effective if it wasn't so out there. Still, I thought it was a very well done episode.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'm finding myself enjoying both shows because they're so different. Can get one fix from one show, and the other from the other.

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I think we all knew when they were panning back in that long tense musical scene it would have a big reveal of Los Pollos Hermanos..

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I'm stating to feel like some of the things done in BB are undermining things they are trying to implement in BCS.

Mostly things about the way Gus's relations are with his employees

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How so? BB was a long time ago for me. I've forgotten a lot.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What I keep thinking of is the way they made Gus seem extremely intolerable of anybody stepping out of line, I mean we all saw what happens to Victor...

Now we see him in BCS and it shows what we know of Gus. That he has people who work for him for a long time and also the people he employees he takes a strenuous process to vet (ex Gale)

So with that, why is Gus being so patient and open to whatever Jimmy and Mike are doing? They are jeopardizing his operation, unless Gus has been trying to recruit Mike....?

8. kaleidosky

Seems like you're assuming that Gus is exactly the same in the past as he was in BB. Except, that's generally not the case with people.. and you have an example of it right in front of you with BCS, as Jimmy is so far from Saul. Gus could be vastly different and may change during this show (or after it).

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I really doubt it going just off of the look he gave when he realized Jimmy and Mike were parked just over his shoulder, the eyes gave it away. Stone cold killer. And at this point his already witnessed his maricon lover die in front of him...

heypartner and Rox11 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Solid episode

Yung-T likes this.
  11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah I enjoyed it as well, the thing I always enjoy about the show and BB before, is just the detail in the framing of shots. The opening shot is a perfect example, by the end of the episode the opening shot means so much more than it did at the beginning.

Impressive work all around, curious to see how the Hector thing plays out, well we know how it plays out, in BCS....

Torn n Frayed and the shark like this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good point and good memory. Gus was already hardened by this time...with reasons for both revenge and being very careful and suspicious, no longer the green upstart with Max in Mexico.

My thoughts are he recognizes similarities in Mike, and probably is always looking to upgrade his security apparatus.

13. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I enjoyed the episode as well, but I have a hard time believing that Gus would reveal himself that quickly to Mike, I figured he'd be dealing with the henchmen awhile.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz - y'all are like IT MOVES TOO SLOW. Then y'all be all - HOW'D THAT HAPPEN SO FAST?!

Anyone notice the 80-82 CORVETTE at Kim's gym? There's also a mid-late 70's Corvette in Fargo. Did Legion have one too (probably did)?

GRENDEL likes this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

In BB it was made known that Gus has a way of "seeing things in people" that could be a benefit to him. An example was how he suddenly took a shine to Jesse and made him part of his close team. Gus was probably impressed with how Mike was able to get into a position to knock off the leader of the cartel, and thought "I need this guy."

Yung-T and heypartner like this.
  16. conquistador#11

is it a given that gus is gay? he could have been just his best friend.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, which explains why he'd reveal himself to Mike, because Mike wouldn't stop without meeting the man. Gus needed to make sure Mike doesn't off Hector yet, and also to slip-in the encouragement to continue f2cking with his supply-line though. Plus, our theory that he's sizing him up to recruit him.

Yung-T and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

I think it was just his friend. We know that Gus has kids, and maybe a wife in BB. When he invited Walt over for dinner in BB, we see kids toys on the floor, and he also mentioned he rarely gets to prepare that meal because "the kids don't like it." Could the kids have been adopted? Maybe. Divorced from wife? Maybe.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I thought I remembered it 100% implying that he was in love or with the guy that got killed.

20. kaleidosky

I've generally liked how they'd tried hard to set this in the past. But 2 things stood out as off in this episode: (a) Gus looked like his older self (b) Jimmy talked about trans fats...those weren't in regular conversation back then, right?