1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After OKC gets swept... HTX ft. Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

What do you guys think about Westbrook joining the Rockets? Do you think Westbrook would be okay with being second next to James Harden? Or would they be mutual on being one?

Or do you think that Westbrook, with the 'amazing' fake triple double season that he had, will always want to be the one running the show, and won't ever leave OKC because of how Durant left?

Discuss...

[EDIT]: I just want to see what Clutchfans think about Westbrook combining forces with Harden even if it somehow doesn't make practical sense. Lebron and Wade did it, as @Mr. Clutch said. But he's right, Westbrook would have to dominate and handle the ball less, because I trust Harden more than Westbrook. Westbrook at SG, and keep Harden at PG? Personally, ideally, I'd want and would love to have Paul George or Klay Thompson on the Rockets next to Harden. But even a JJ Redick would suffice.

[​IMG]

#1 Mr. Dominant, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    daywalker02 likes this.
  2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Two PGs. I don't think it makes sense.

How about Anthony Davis. The twin towers thing isnt working

4. Mr. Dominant

[​IMG] .......................... why?

juanm34 likes this.
  5. Mr. Dominant

I agree, but imagine having two elite players that could play off of eachother and handle the ball at an amazing usage. Harden would obvz make Westbrook play better. Utilizing both together and not together would be a huge luxury.. ala Durant with the Warriors? Westbrook just has to buy into the system? Idk, but for some reason, I think it would be a good fit.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

nah. let's go after steph curry and kawhi leonard, and lebron james, and kevin durant, and...............................

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. photojoe

photojoe Member

What is this...

A couple of things.. We probably won't sweep them. We might. But I give them one win. Houston in 5.

I really don't see any situation or any reason why Westbrook would come here.

Even if he wanted to, with Harden on our team he would seriously be one of the last superstars in the league that I would want for our team. If we are going to be imaging an impossible situation that will never happen, can't we be imaging someone like Kawhi, Paul George, or Anthony Davis instead?

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

No, Westbrook is a terrible fit for a MDA system

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden and Westbrook isn't gonna work. I don't want Westbrook here. Get a player like PG or AD that actually fits next to Harden

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Theoertically it could work. LeBron and Wade did it. But one would have to be less ball dominant.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hell no for any price no matter how cheap. If you put Westbrick on this Rockets team, he'd make them worse.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Please delete or lock this thread. It is trash.

Westbrook and harden play the same role/position. It wouldnt work out at all. They both need the ball.

Also we havent swept or even won the series against them yet. This thread is wrong on so many levels

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

he's also a terrible fit with Harden, and he just doesn't play winning basketball

Westbrook is useless off ball, and I'd rather have Harden dominating the ball and making decisions over Russ any day

14. HTM

HTM Member

I think he is under contract in OKC for another season and he would be an awful fit and use of our cap space.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. AFS

AFS Member

We've all heard the phrase addition by subtraction used in regards to rosters (esp when Dwight left).

This would be a case of subtraction by addition. Westbrook would increase the talent level of the team, but decrease the Bball IQ. Our offense would suffer.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is pretty dumb, which part of Westbrick and Harden can play together? Westbrick is at his best going 1-on-5 on D and passing to open 3 pt shooters, you want Harden to waste his skills being a spot up shooter? On the other end you want Westbrick spotting up for 3s when Harden drives into the paint? His J is so broken he shot under 40% more than 1/3 of his games! To top it off WB makes the max, so you will actually make the team worse because you need to dump the good players we have and put a guy who is the worst fit next to Harden.

This is honestly one of the most useless pipedream threads I've read about.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3 years left on his deal. /Thread

i think we have a better chance at guys like Durant, Hayward, Porter and George. The Ariza replacement is looming large with his age and wear on his body.

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The next step for this team to take in the offseason will be to upgrade PF. To get the Ultimate D'Antoni System that PHX had, you need a big man that can create and distribute at the pivot while also being to spread the floor when Harden is running the show. Defense is a bonus but optional.

I know people will kill me for it for throwing it out there while the playoffs are still going on and the Rockets are looking great...but if you're Morey, you go to d'Antoni and tell him to make peace, and you go to the Knicks and offer them Anderson + assets for Carmelo Anthony. This is all assuming Carmelo has had a reality check in the past year, realized that his reputation as a selfish loser on the court is all but cemented into his legacy, and that the only way out will be to finally buy into an offensive scheme where is but a piece among many.

Because even for his advanced age, his skills on the court check all the boxes for what we'd be looking for. He would need to play the four and serve often as a stretch four, but dammit if he isn't a fantastic piece provided his health is still there.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

It would be a horrible fit. Westbrook is useless off ball, he must have the ball in his hands at all times in order to be effective. Harden isn't great off ball either, but he can at least spot up from behind the arc. The problem is that Harden is a better decision maker than Westbrook and is the guy you'd rather have with the ball in his hands.

Durant works on the Warriors because he can function without having the ball in his hands at all times. Westbrook would not fit with GS.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Even Klay would be a much better fit than WB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.