1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Mahomes, the savior.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There's a difference. VY said he was already an elite QB. Kizer is saying he has the potential to be the best QB to ever play the game. Every player should strive to be the greatest. I like the confidence.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Confidence is one thing, delusions are another. He hasn't exhibited that he could be anywhere near the cerebral QB Brady is or the athletic monster that Scam is. To me it came across as that one random undrafted WR that was on the Texans a few years back that said he was going to be the next Andre Johnson.....and then washed out of the league a week later.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The Great Dwight Jones!!!
    [​IMG]

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

THERE WE GO! I absolutely couldn't remember that guy's name. I wonder what he's up to these days

Snow Villiers likes this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Via Wikipedia
    :eek:

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Told us he'd be the next Andre Johnson, ended up the next Micheal Vick.

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They actually don't. They can only offer the 25th pick in the first round this year (+ subsequently, the ~25th pick of each successive round), which would be a significant move down for a team in or near the top 10 and they have no second round pick next year. They're also likely to be a competitive team which means means next year's 1 is again likely to be late teens/20s.

I mean, sure - they could package nearly all of their picks this year and next and just overwhelm a team - but I have a hard time believing any of the QBs in this class are worth that type of package.

The one wildcard would be dealing a player - but even there, I'm not sure the Texans have a lot to offer. I think teams would want Kevin Johnson - do we want to part with Kevin Johnson and a bundle of picks?

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was thinking more along the lines of trading Watt or Hopkins plus pick(s).

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

For instance there has been a report out for the past couple of weeks about the Browns mulling between Garrett and Trubisky for the 1st pick. Maybe they are considering Trubisky because a certain team(Texans) has already promised to trade them a dynamic edge rusher(Watt) for the #12 pick. I mean we have already done business with them this offseason. Why not continue doing business with them.

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Good lord......... The Texans are NOT trading JJ Watt. Under ANY circumstances. That is such a delusional idea........ And they sure as hell aren't going to trade him for someone in a mediocre QB class.

I mean....... are you actually expecting someone to seriously engage that line of thinking?

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

o_O:rolleyes:o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    By dynamic edge rusher, do you mean Scarlett? Im in. Awesome idea.
    Show this man the door. It would take Cle's 1st overall pick just to get into a BRIEF phone conversation for JJ

15. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Yeah that'll never happen. There's not a single QB in this class that's worth trading away DHop or JJ. You do not trade away either of those guys just for Patrick Mahomes. Sure, I love the idea of them drafting him. But not if it means trading up for him and giving up several draft picks. Especially when he is such a risky QB. Also, there is absolutely no way the Browns pass on Garrett. Any report stating otherwise, especially this close to the draft, is a mere smokescreen.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Would you like this at all?:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...-pick-trade-and-draft-class-for-all-32-teams/

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Mahomes is a risky QB for his 1st seaon or two. By the time his third season rolls around he will be ready to become one of the premier QB'S in the league. It's game over once he gets his mechanics down.
    Our defense is tops in the league. Players like Scarlett and others are going to keep it that way or make it better. Trading JJ wouldn't hurt us a bit.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So last year it was draft Cardale Jones, this year it's trade JJ Watt for a rookie QB in a terrible class.....

20. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Losing a 3 time Defensive Player of the Year, no matter how good the defense is, will undoubtedly hurt. I like Scarlett as well but counting on him to be the future of this defense and trading away JJ would be ridiculously foolish. I think Mahomes has great potential as well. And I could see him becoming a top QB in this league. But that is all so extremely hypothetical. And you absolutely never trade your best player on the team (and one of the best players in the league) for a completely unproven QB who could very well end up being a bust. Making that kind of trade would rightfully get you fired as the GM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.