1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans have become too whiny.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yes, by definition. That accounted to 5 points in a very tight game. If we would have lost I would have been furious.

Never ignore in victory what you would not ignore in defeat.

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

"have become"

I think we've been whiny for a long time. That being said, lots of fan bases are whiny, but I do think we're near the top. I think it doesn't help that we've been in involved in drama induced stories twice in the past 3 seasons where we ended up getting the short end of the stick. It also doesn't help that our guy always seems to get undermined by another love child. Still, it doesn't excuse how whiney and sometimes insecure us Rockets fans can be. We're a passionate bunch and the knee jerk is very strong in a lot of us.

kjayp and DudeWah like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

whinny fans conspiracy

bobloblaw likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fans in general become too whiney.... seconded.

They serve Whine to a Meal. They serve Whine to Cheese.

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Blow out win and gut check win against the MVP and we still have whiners. 2-0 enjoy it brehs

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

That backcourt violation was rather egregious.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I thought the call was correct

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_10.html?nav=ArticleList - NBA Rule Book

Rule 10
    Section X-Ball in Backcourt

a. A player shall not be the first to touch a ball which he or a teammate caused to go from frontcourt to backcourt while his team was in control of the ball. EXCEPTION: Rule 8-Section III-e (EXCEPTION).
    b. During a jump ball, a try for a goal, or a situation in which a player taps the ball away from a congested area, as during rebounding, in an attempt to get the ball out where player control may be secured, the ball is not in control of either team. Hence, the restriction on first touching does not apply.
    c. Following a jump ball, a player who secures a positive position and control of the ball in his frontcourt cannot pass the ball to a teammate or dribble the ball into the backcourt.
    PENALTY: Loss of ball. The ball is awarded to the opposing team at the mid-court line.

Rule 8
    Section III-The Throw-In

e. Any ball out-of-bounds in a team's frontcourt or at the midcourt line cannot be passed into the backcourt. On all backcourt and midcourt violations, the ball shall be awarded to the opposing team at the midcourt line, and must be passed into the frontcourt.
    EXCEPTION: During the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period, the ball may be passed anywhere (frontcourt or backcourt) on the court.​

It would have been legal if the ball was touched in the backcourt FIRST. It can't be touched in the frontcourt then in the backcourt unless the defense tips it.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Before the last game folks were whining about how the referees assigned to game 2 were specifically assigned by Adam silver to prop up Westbrook and even the series. Harden then proceeded to shoot like 20 ft's and the rockets won.

Much like I am an ass who uses cynicism to cope with losses, these "media bias conspiracy" people cope too, just differently.

Think about it, If a narrative is constructed before a game that can be used to explain away a poor outcome, it makes it a hell of a lot easier for people to assign blame and deal with losses right?

"No! My team didn't get outplayed! it was the ref's fault! I even predicted it before the game!" Meanwhile if the team wins....just forget the whole thing.

It's hard for die hard fans to admit that their team sucked on a given night, I don't blame them.

DudeWah and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The rockets probably benefit from calls more than any other team so its weird when our fans complain about the refs.

DudeWah, T for 3 and kjayp like this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yep i been saying for a while that fans do this kind of stuff as a coping mechanism to protect themselves from the pain of defeat.

They set up a situation where they either called it or are pleasantly surprised.

I think you are spot on

FTW Rockets FTW and T for 3 like this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Personally, if I were a ref, I would have hit Bev with a flagrant on Westbrook in game 2...
    The regular foul calls were prob correct in a vacuum... but given the history between the two... after the legs got tangled and Westbrook hit the floor and then Bev hitting him in the head... I'd have hit him with a flagrant just to say dial it back a touch and let's make sure such inadvertent 'accidents' don't happen...

I mean if some scrub from another team did harden like that - AFTER already having injured him previously - I'd have been way pissed - and this board would have lost their collective minds...

We'd be seeing 20 page threads with slo-mo shots of each interaction - folks on CF would be dissecting the footage more than the Zupruder film - lol! There'd be threads about 'protecting stars like Harden from goon scrubs', there'd be threads about our need to get an enforcer to fight back...

I applaud Bev's effort and I'm thankful his tenacity is on our side. Good hardnose playoff basketball... but if roles were reversed...

...jus sayin...

#73 kjayp, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

There's an entire thread on this. Apparently the rule itself is very vague and hard to interpret in the last two minutes.

It's really not fair to blame the refs for a ridiculous rule.

@T for 3 made some really good points above.

kjayp likes this.
  15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pat Bev is pretty much like Draymond Green. He is the heart and soul of this team, but if he was playing on the other team we would hate him.

kjayp likes this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah and we aren't even on the rooster.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]
    #WhineAllDay

Grydian likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think that is #WinAllDay

DreamShook likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]
    #WhineAllDay

kjayp, Grydian and daywalker02 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#ShumerBaby