1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I see that trying Ryan is trying harder on defense, fighting more for rebounds in these 2 games. Like he's compensating for his poor shooting. That's great and all, but why couldnt you have played this tough all while hitting all the shots you made, during the regular season?

Drogba likes this.
  2. basketballholic

You saw him play 44 scrap minutes mostly alongside Ennis, McDaniels, Harrell, Dekker, and Bobby Brown. He played nary one single minute next to Harden and barely played with any rotation players at all.

No, this isn't 2K. You can't determine that he's terrible and has nothing to offer based on watching 44 minutes of play to close out already decided games, with most appearances being three minutes or less with the scrubs. It is stupid to form your opinion based on that.

Wiltjer simply has to wait his turn. And we could not afford to bench Anderson for him this season and Anderson become a boat anchor. Part of the agreement when you sign free agents is they get to play.

But all you gotta do is watch Wiltjer dominate dleague. He's the most potent offensive weapon down there. He doesn't belong there. It's only a matter of time before he's throwing in major bombs in the NBA. And then after he's done it for six months you'll finally agree he's a real player.

I'm telling you now he's a better player than Anderson. You can catch up later.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

the 44 scrap minutes is absolutely no excuse. When you get minutes as a young player, you without a doubt make the most of every opportunity no matter what. Continuing to be in the wrong spots, being timid, and making incorrect decisions isn't going to get you in as a rotational player. Again a long ways to go. Now you're using the word terrible and assuming that's what I called him. Wrong. You mention scrubs and put Wiltjer in this some make believe category. If he wasn't a "scrub" then he would have no problem standing out. So fail there on your part.

Yes Wilter has to wait his turn. More importantly he actually has to earn it. And the only way he is going to do so is to make himself stand out when given some time to. being able to play well in the "dleague" which in reality is a pick up game is something NBA players are supposed to do. That's nothing special. Great he plays well there, now prove it on another level. There's several levels in the NBA guys have to bypass in order to become a rotational player. It's a whole new ball game once you step foot against the actual NBA league on a nightly basis and everything it entails.

You can tell me all you want on your agenda with Wiltjer. Bc that's all it is. Just some assumption gathered to try and make yourself believe you're some hidden talent scout trying to discover a gem. Your track record on trying to do these things is pretty much known around here. Results don't end to well. Unlike you, others have realistic takes on players like Wiltjer

snowconeman22 and BigMaloe like this.
  4. basketballholic

He's better than Anderson. When he gets his opportunity he'll prove it.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ok

bilaal14 and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

**** I hope he's better then Anderson, Anderson's shot is nice but man is 20 million ridiculous for a nice shot. If we could dump Anderson and have Wiltjer successfully replace his role we'd have an immediate 20 extra million to work with in free agency.

Some other potential cheap Anderson replacements that are FA's this year - Ingles, Mirotic, McDermott, Covington, Casspi, Patterson

Expensive Anderson replacements - Gallinari, Porter, Ibaka

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Video??

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Should probably take away Porter here, no way the Wizards don't match any offer.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's a role player, they might hesitate on a max. Although I know he will likely be matched.

10. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Don't be a hater

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, but he has potential to be more than a role player, probably not an all star, but i can easily see him as a super role player, he has come up big this season and their roster is basically set...while you never know what can happen, i just don't see them passing him even at a max or something close to it, in the end anybody gets a max or close to it today. Don't get me wrong, i like him and would love to get him but eh...

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Michael Beasley is 2/2 from three in the Playoffs.

13. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Jesus some of you are ridiculous. You're basically saying he's worth 18-20 million a year to stand on the 3 line and misses 3's but as long as it leaves spacing for Harden he's worth the terrible contract.

That's basically what you're saying dude.

bilaal14 likes this.
  14. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

We pay Anderson 20 million and Trevor like 8 million? Haha. I would take 5 Trevor a billion times over Anderson. Not even close. Beverly as well over Anderson.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Anderson blows. Contract is toxic and will continue to be until he is moved.

I will gladly eat crow.... but KW is a competent shooter and replacement for next year imo.

Imagine if we can get Ryan off of our books. Would def get an oppurtunity to add a really good piece with the $$.

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes because harden needs space and is ineffective in the clogged lane...besides anderson plays solid d he rebounds boxouts and hes a fighter and a good teammate...20 millions is a going rate for such players in the league

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

lol he rebounds? Are you ****ing messing with me now?

18. anchel

anchel Member

Wiltjer is supersoft right now to play a single NBA minute, not even talk about playoff minutes. Better offensive player than Anderson? I don't know, but Anderson is a 40% shooter making 3 threes a game, that's not easy to match, and is also an interesting offensive rebounder.

But most importantly, Wiltjer has long way to go to match Anderson's level of toughness and physicality. Long way to go to be a winning NBA player.

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The obsession with his salary is staggering.

We have a GOAT level offense (10th all time).

Why would you want to change anything?

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's about getting maximum value for that salary and capspace. Are we better off committing that 20 mil elsewhere?