1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/19/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

that doesn't mean anything when nobody has any idea how the spurs/memp series goes. You try to win in the least amount of games possible and unless the rockets are down 0-2, this isn't a "must win"

2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

A lot of time it's just the adrenaline. Sometimes it's difficult to guage - you feel your pumped so the shots are either long or too short - exactly what's been happening to Ryno's shot. I've played in a lots of tournaments and it always took me sometime to get it under control.

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

very true. And that's going to come with playoff experience. some people get it right away some people take longer.It's hard to just slow down and play your game but that's what you learn how to do as they come.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Good thing is that Harden got Ryno a ton of open looks in game 2. As long as Ryno keeps getting open looks, the shots will eventually drop. Fortunately, he's been contributing in other ways that dont show up on the stat sheet.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Game 3 in 2014 was a must win. This is a "would be really nice to win" type of game.

joeson332 likes this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I know Memphis has lost 11 playoff games in a row against the Spurs, but I just have a feeling they win one today.

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

Ryan's gotta heat up one of these games.

8. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

I wonder what the excuse will be when Anderson throw up bricks in OKC. Probably something to the effect of "he just getting a feel for playoff basketball, wait til game 4" lol

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Im still waiting for Capela's excuse.....

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I wasn't worried so much as amazed that a guy who scored 51 points, had 10 rebounds and 13 assists could single-handedly blow what was a winnable playoff game for his team. Watching him launch brick after brick in the 4th period made me realize just why he's nicknamed Westbrick.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Huh? Capela had a terrific Game 1 and was solid in the 4th quarter last night.

13. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

This. We relied too much on WB shooting the Thunder out of the game, rather than consistently getting stops. On so many possessions, someone was wide open. And the rebounding efforts were extremely maddening. This is somewhat of a good thing. I do not believe the Rockets played their best basketball the past two games, and there is huge room for improvement. This is also somewhat promising, because hopefully we can be refined in the semis and hopefully, the conference finals.

I still believe that game against GS in December was our perfect game. If we can go back to that and do it with consistency, I'm pumped.

Let's shoot for 3-0!

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I haz the shockz guys

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

THAT was certainly the obvious in that blown call, in that they retained possession
    and immediately drained a 3 thanks to the officials 'gift'.
    Even a Jr high ball player knows what a backcourt violation is and would have seen that.
    To have a call THAT egregious in a 2 point playoff game is just unacceptable.
    Sure, foul/charging calls are subjective and can go either way.
    But, backcourt violations are OBVIOUS. There IS no either/or. That one call could have
    easily cost us a valuable game and possibly a whole playoff series.
    Certainly makes one wonder about the integrity of that playoff officiating crew. . .right Tim Donaghy?

#2576 Remlap, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

True, but I would argue practically speaking, that winning game 3 would be more vital just to take advantage of the momentum and pressure on OKC. If OKC were to win game 3 making the series 2-1, yeah the Rockets still have a chance to steal game 4, but naturally speaking OKC will have some momentum to turn it around making game 4 a tougher task for the Rockets, thus adding a little pressure to come back home 3-1 (far more ideal) opposed to 2-2.

18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I actually officiate HS basketball and what happened last night is not a backcourt violation in high school. On inbound plays, you can pass in the front or backcourt. You have to establish possession in the frontcourt for it to be a backcourt violation which is why I wasn't complaining while watching the game last night. But I guess in the NBA, that is a backcourt violation.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Turnovers

Dwight - 4
    Capela - 0

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Those shots will drop once he exits Toyota Center.

His contributions of 12 rebs and a dunk past 2 games are both virgin occurrences this season. He's inventing ways to contribute !!

vtjsr2 likes this.