1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm fine if all of them are gone by then, it would be like if teams jumped at all the QB's in the 2010 class. Have at it guys.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

The list of teams that Need a QB is shorter than you have listed. 49ers and bears just signed FA QBs. They may not be long term solutions but they're better suited to wait another year or two. Cardinals, Giants, and Chiefs are rumored to be in the market but they still have QBs on their roster that Texans fans could only dream about. Bills made a short term commitment to Taylor. All things said it is not a given that the teams I've listed will be willing to use a first round pick on a QB. They could pull an Aaron Rodgers (which would be smart) but it is far from a need.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yes that's why I put "or could possibly" draft one as well.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I think I would also be glad if the top 3-4 are gone by us. Fans won't be as pissed for us passing on someone and better players will fall to us. I would also feel better about best OT/TJwatt then getting Peterman or Webb in 2nd for fun.

That being said, not saying he is my end all be all choice, but if BOB thinks Mahomes is his future, you gotta move up or whatever and take him. Not saying I think it will work out, but if your coach thinks he found his golden goose then you do whatever necessary to get it. Thats how franchise QBs are found these days.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

We will never really know what the coach wants. According to him, Savage is the present and future. If they don't get Mahomes we will never know why. Also if other teams know that coach wants Pat, the price to go up gets a little higher.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we don't get one of the top 4 Quarterbacks in round 1 I will be highly disappointed. A first round pick OT to protect Savage just doesn't excite me.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

8. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I'm with you. I wouldn't be super excited about it. BUT I do think it could turn out to be far and away the smartest pick at 25. If you can get an OT to anchor your line for the next 5-10 years then that is an extremely valuable pick.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

To be fair, Arizona, New York and Kansas City are in the same situations this year that they were last year, re: QBs - their guys are all just a year older.

I'd be surprised if the Cardinals - who figure to be a good team - would pass on adding a top 13 player to that roster in order to grab a back-up QB. Giants at 23 make more sense; KC only if a guy they like falls.

10. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

All the talk of Arizona, Giants, KC...etc grabbing a QB before us remember this: This is a terrible year for QBs, most of them don't even have round 1 grades but since a lot of teams are desperate, they will get taken. If you are one of the teams I just listed and you want to Aaron Rodgers behind your Brett Favre why not wait til next year when there is a better crop? No way I see any of them taking a QB this year and definitely not in the first round. I am worried about Browns at 12, Niners, and Bears..

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

A year older but with also a pretty significant drop off last season. Not saying these teams are in need or will draft one, but there has been talk about these teams possibly taking one.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. basketballholic

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Also looks like Foster might be off the Texans board completely:

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I see him as more of a Bettis or Alstot.

I think Alstot is a great comparison.

He says he sees himself as a Marshawn Lynch-type.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

#1837 Commodore, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. the shark

the shark Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

NFL excited to watch Tommy & the Texans on prime time! ;)

Rudyc281 likes this.