1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans have become too whiny.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Lucky because

-they won 61 games in the regular season and theyre second, we are third.
    -they have aldridge vs anderson who can also cook anyone we throw at him
    -they have multiple guys who they can throw at harden and shoot the basketball, one being the formepr dpoy and finals mvp for locking down lebron

to say it's not going to take some luck and our shots falling to beat the Spurs in a seven game series is just blind homerism

The Mavericks lucked their way into a championship one year by shooting an amazing percentage the entire playoffs. they were not like the Warriors who actually played good defense as well.

why do you act like it's so bad to get lucky?

oh and Roberson shot 7% higher from three last year at 31.5%

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Shots falling isn't "luck" though. That's my point. This roster was built with a high degree of variance......but also with an incredibly high ceiling for success. Of course there's some luck involved in every championship run.....but it's not the "We shot 45% from 3 because all our shots were open due to the system" kind of luck. And all the points you made, while valid, also show why it wouldn't be "luck" to beat them 4 times out of 7. That's a really ****ing good team over there, so to beat them that many times means that you've locked onto a weakness.

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The Mavs shot something like 70% from three. that took a lot of luck. I don't think any team is going to win against that.

Popovich is smart and to beat him you're going to need to do more than free throws, lay ups and threes. he has the defenders and the shooters to make you beat him other ways and thats something I have not seen all year. he always seems to beat dantoni no problem by shutting down the transition game and taking away what his teams excel at (threes).

our biggest advantage was the Harden-capela pick and roll because aldridge and gasol struggled against that. but guess what the spurs did? They went and got dewayne dedmon and started him.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Call it what you will, but i don't blame anybody for being upset or disappointed that their team doesn't get the credit or recognition they deserve due to the media's bias.

Pen15clubber and DreamShook like this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What about constantly complaining about the refs?

I watched the game last night without checking cf and was thinking to myself "hey this is nice. We're getting a lot of FT and the game is being called pretty evenly."

I checked the game thread after the win and saw so much complaining about the refs.

It's really ridiculous. Contrary to what a lot of posters were saying, the Rockets were NOT playing 5v8 last night.

kjayp likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

going to reddit to discuss basketball lmao

I think 4chan has better quality of **** posting

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

We are not too whiny! Everyone always says we are too whiny. I'm so tired of being called too whiny. Come on stop saying we are too whiny all the time.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What's wrong with complaining about the refs? It's not hard to see when bad calls are made. Nobody's going to be happy about those, right?

I mean....sure, we're biased for the Rockets, but some of the egregious calls? Yeah. Those are going to be complained about.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

There was hardly an egregious call last night.

We as a fan base have become too sensitive.

kjayp likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Whining is not exclusive to clutchfans.net by the way. Spurs fans whine about the Spurs. Warriors fans whine about the Warriors. Rockets fans whining about Rockets fan whining could destroy the space time continuum.

Killatron 2000 and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

r/nba is actually fine. I post occasionally on realgm as well.

It's the Rockets sub and team subs in general that are really bad.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes, but your whining about that Rockets fan whining about Rockets fans whining has restored that continuum. whew.

back to your lives, citizens.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]
    That's not how space-time works. That's not how space-time works at all.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

It is a whiny ass group...

How many threads are going to be made crying about the 'media bias' and Westbrook? Give it a rest already... who gives a f*** what anybody else thinks....

and omg can we stop being the analytic geeks who have to dissect everything and put it into an algebraic formula to try to prove some meaningless piece of minutia...?

As Richard Nixon said - "They'll like me when I win!"

15. kjayp

Exactly! The fact that both Bev fouls on Westbrook were called and upheld as regular fouls told me it was an evenhanded job by the refs... Had they called one of them a flagrant, nobody other than Rox fans woulda batted an eye....
    They screwed the pooch on the backcourt thing... but mistakes happen....

DudeWah likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't see how you could watch that game then see the last 2 minute report and think the refs were pretty even with calls last night.

God awful? No

Even? No, not really at all.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

kjayp likes this.
  18. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

You're a dumbass

19. kjayp

What are you talking about, man? There are only 2 incorrect calls cited on the last 2 min report and 2 non called traveling notations (1 for each team)
    2 wrong calls - The backcourt thing... which I'd chalk that up to a mistake... given the whole last minutes rules thing... I can see the error...
    and that leaves 1 missed hold of Ariza by Adams....

A mistake and a missed hold makes the officiating unfair?

I watched the game and saw a few times we got calls that I wouldn't have given - and vice versa... probably a few more calls should have gone our way...

but overall, pretty even handed...

DudeWah likes this.
  20. HTM

HTM Member

OP has become too whiny.

Make OP great again (or for the first time)