1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook: "I don't give a f*** about (my stat) line."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure if you mean by more talented, two notches above.

As corny as that sounds WB will be more durable than Francis and won't do drugs for a foreseen time.

If nothing strange happens of course.

da_juice likes this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

Nook, Richie_Rich, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Very much so, no one wants to play next to a selfish chucker like Westbrick. The Thunder will have to make trades and hope they get lucky to bring anyone to play next to Westbrick just like the Lakers struggled to do with Kobe. You aren't getting any top tier FA's to not only actually want to play in Oklahoma but to play alongside that selfish chucker who will make you look bad to pad his stats.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. Fantasma Negro

Firstly he smokes weed and the only reason you think drugs are bad is because Nixon told you so. Secondly he already has an injury history that Francis didn't have, Francis broke down all at once, Westbrook has already had three knee surgeries and plays voraciously aggressive. Third how can you proclaim any of this without a time machine?

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. Francis broke down and then did drugs of all kinds. Satisfied?

I indeed cannot but Steve Francis did not have NBA records to chase and shoot for. WB found goals to compete for.

SF did not have a crack at a championship or consistently playing for a good playoff spot very late into his career.

He landed with the Knicks and with the same Beijing team as Marbury. Marbury did better at NY and in Beijing where he is an icon. (played until he is 40 and probably still hanging around for another 1 or 2 seasons)

#65 daywalker02, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. Fantasma Negro

Yes

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Those who remember the widely inconsistent era of the Franchise...will know that Steve loved the game,and gave it his all. WB loves this game...and its what allows him to do what he does. But hero ball wont beat teams in the playoffs. It requires trust and a willingness to go above and beyond your own game and make those around you better.

jim1961 and Ramo$e like this.
  8. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

I'm not a fan of westbrook in any sense of the word..reminds of the guy down at the gym who thinks he's the man so he hogs the ball and chucks up 50 shots..

Nook, Ramo$e and Bobbythegreat like this.
  9. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Found on reddit:
    Westbrook-
    Average time for each assist = 3 minutes, 55 seconds
    Average time for each assist <10 = 3 minutes, 16 seconds
    Average time for each assist >10 = 7 minutes, 2 seconds

10. Fantasma Negro

All due respect to Yao, Francis never played with guys like Durant or Harden so that's not really saying much that he wasn't able to get Kelvin Cato, Ryan Bowen and Bosjian Nochbar into the wcf. If you look at they style of play and the way that they are both better off the ball at times than running point in terms of team ball. They are/were both explosive and they both didn't/don't seem to have a feel for the flow of the game.

The Marbury stuff is irrelevant, once Francis was traded to the Magic he no longer gave a crap about basketball

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Jokes aside, you're right. I can't believe NBA didn't censor it.

So your leagues voted MVP curses in front of the media/public.

Wow.

dachuda86 and Ramo$e like this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

He doesn't believe that, I'm sure..

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I think he clearly chased the 50 points on the final shot. Driving for a 2 makes no sense otherwise.

Richie_Rich and dachuda86 like this.
  14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't think he was stat chasing (except at the very end when the game was practically over), but just frustrated and didn't trust his teammates at all after the Rockets went on a run at the end of the third. He yelled at Donovan to put him back in and his attitude was probably "I'll show my damn team how to get it done" which is a recipe for failure.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wow that statistic is insane. After his 10th assist it takes more than twice as long on average to record another one. In the 4th quarter as it showed last night, he passes truly only as a last resort.

AceOfSpades and BigMaloe like this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That was a lie. He sure cared about his stats when the Thunder were down 6 with 20 seconds to go and he went for a layup to get his 50 points instead of shooting a three.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is not a point guard and he struggles with the duty of superstar/pg

He is just very awesomely talented

A suped up Steve Francis

Edit: His efficiency stats are better than Big O's triple double season

#77 pgabriel, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  18. MystikArkitect

Stat padding in the playoffs. Never seen that before until last night. He's getting roasted today and rightfully so. Cowherd went through several articles showing how lauded Donovan, Oladipo, Kanter and Adams all were and now they're all just garbage who offer no help.

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. K-Lo_The_Future

Don't understand it either. Gives everything he's got every night. Harden is the mvp but the hate westbrook gets is ridiculous.

20. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Its because of this bullshit headlines that is becoming typical of WB. Dont bullshit you dont give a f*(k about stats when you clearly do and reaping the attention because of it.

AceOfSpades likes this.