1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Omgfwtfbbq can we just bench him and start troy?

I want to puke bro he just robbed us of our capspace

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Les needs to pull the plug on the video ring around the upper bowl.

3. ilias

ilias Member

I am all for dumping him in the summer and replacing him with Millsap or Gallinari. I do appreciate what he brings, but at $20m he is not good value. He is declining physically so fast, that the last two years of his contract look scary. At this salary, he needs to bring it 3 games out of 4. He is barely giving us 1 right now.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he needs to be paid bonuses so he can pay someone to dispose of his trash when at home

5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I have said this from the beginning of the season, trade deadline, and also now. I was labeled a hater and all that other silly crap people tend to spew when a player is criticized.

RYAN ANDERSON CONTRACT WILL BE AMONG THE MOST TOXIC CONTRACTS IN THE NBA CLOSE TO NEXT YEARS DEADLINE.

We have shot our self in the foot.... dude blows. One dimensional garage. Waste if cap space.... space this and space that... shut up... when he isn't on, which is almost always... its is like playing 4 on 5.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely struggling to find his shot in the first two games but that's how the playoffs go. Guys step up at different times. Luckily were deep enough now that we have others that can score in bunches.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

a 40% shooter isn't exactly considered almost always. it's no wonder you get the hater label there

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Might as well be 0%... he has had little to no impact in tons of games this season.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm surprised that you guys are surprised...

It's not that he's missing shots. It's that he's actually being guarded and gameplanned against because it's the playoffs. He cant create anything for himself. If a team commits to defending him, he's diminished.

He's helping to space the floor right now. There is value to it, but not much.

OKC will adjust game 3. I'd go ahead and roll out Troy Williams for a few minutes to change things up and stay ahead of the curve.

If/when OKC or any team starts to sag off him, he will make them pay. Until then... it's going to be ugly.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

then you watched nothing of this season, further proving your own hater label

11. basketballholic

Bottom line: Ryan Anderson is helping Harden play like Harden wants to play. Harden wants to control the ball and make plays. For Harden to do what he wants to do he has to have space because Harden is too turnover prone and inefficient as a distributor without space.. Without maximum space Harden is just another baller. Enter Ryan Anderson, maybe the third or fourth best space creator in the Association.

Without Anderson, Harden averages about 8 assists and 8 turnovers.

#1371 basketballholic, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    bilaal14 likes this.
  12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

wrong. dude was missing wide open shots. Troy Williams? Not unless we have injuries. smh

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Disagreed. Those shots are not open compared to what he is used to getting in the regular season.

14. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Why does he continue to take 3's six feet behind the line? You will have a better chance of making a shot and not going 0-7 if you get closer. If he doesn't want to do that, please stop shooting.

15. basketballholic

Because he has to keep up with Kyle?

Seriously, this video illustrates why Wiltjer is the better offensive player than Anderson is. (And is why I expect Anderson to be dangled as trade bait this summer.) Wiltjer can pump it from deeeeeeeeeep! But he can also use his shot to make a play and create his shot.....off the dribble. Wiltjer, off the fake and dribble, is much more proficient than Anderson.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have wondered why Wiltjer did not get a few more looks during the season....

DD

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Anderson is soooo disappointing. He blows layups as much as he blows wide open 3s.... Being unable to shoot at home is mind boggling. However, we could always amnesty him or trade him with someone else for value. Maybe he needs to come off the bench at home and start Trevor at the 4 and put Gordon or Lou in the starting lineup. Right now I would prefer Troy Williams starting to keep the rotations.

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I hope he drops 5 3's on Friday.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Ryan Anderson should be allowed to become the anomaly.

He should be allowed to shoot mid-range jumpers. There is no variety or mix-ups in his offensive attack. He's either shooting a very long three, or pump faking and looking to draw a foul, but he seems to lack the requisite quickness to initiate contact and also, lacks the respect of the refs to even get the call in most cases anyways. Due to his lack of speed, he also doesn't get to the rim fast enough after a successful pump fake (on the rare occasion he doesn't decide to attempt to draw contact and stop his dribble) before getting crowded by the defense and their use of verticality. This would at least give him an extra out or counter to his pump-fake.

20. macho87

macho87 Member

Steven A went off about Anderson on First take haha

bilaal14 and J.R. like this.