1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-17] Dwight Howard as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. BackdoorHarden

LOL...Good ole Dwight. Arguing with his teammates after throwing away the ball twice in 2 minutes, blaming it on his teammates and let Curry wide open for a 3's.

LOL .

BUT HE's still a CHAMPION no matter what

2. BackdoorHarden

The German get benched for not being unable to stop the best 3 point shooter in history, with zero help from his center.

Meanwhile, his Center, that doesn't help on the guards, doesn't get benched.

"
    Schroder, who was the team's best offensive weapon, was subbed out of the game for failing to guard Curry. Schroder never returned. He ended the night with 23 points, including four 3-pointers, in 24 minutes of action.

Curry said he didn't notice until later in the game that Schroder was being penalized for his actions."

3. BackdoorHarden

"Even if I get knocked out in the 1st round, I'll still blame my teammates because I'm still a Champion no matter what"- Dwight

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. RESINator

RESINator Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dwight has fallen a long way and he is still in that process

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If the Hawks miss the playoffs and Harden wins a MVP trophy I'm curious if Howard will regret anything.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Probably not, he's always a champion no matter what!

#707 Downtown Sniper, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    hakeem94, LAM, Tha_Dude and 2 others like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Haven't you heard? Dwight has been that guy. He doesn't want to compete with Harden.:rolleyes:

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

There Is Nothing Fun About Watching Dwight Howard Play Basketball

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-dwight-howard-atlanta-hawks-1fab4ecca027

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I love the headline:
    There Is Nothing Fun About Watching Dwight Howard Play Basketball

Lol.

joeson332 likes this.
  11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Glad he is someone else's problem now. The distraction always seems to be around him and why he isn't playing better.

He really wanted to go play for his hometown. Atlanta learns just like we learned. He's not worth it because he can't pull his weight any longer. He may tease here and there with good games but that's it. He won't be there when you need him to step up regardless of what his stats say.

LonghornFan and RudyTBag like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

That distraction certainly didn't stop him from reaching the Finals and WCF with hi as the centerpiece in both cases :rolleyes:

Howard is now old and his game is nowhere it used to be, however he is hardly the worst player on the Hawks. In fact if they had better 3 pt shooters instead of trash like Bazemore on the team they would play a lot better. Its really sad reading about the posters here, you guys complain about the media play Westbrick gets and how Harden always gets shafted but then you also go and do the same to Dwight. Dude is hardly the problem against tge Wizards, Schroder shot 1-8 from the 3 and the Hawks as a whole shot 4-20. But no, the no 1 problem is Dwight lol

Maybe you hate Dwight for 1 reason or another but pls base your complaints on what really happened rather than what you think should.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

there really isnt

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't believe he wanted to play for the Hawks. They were the only team offering him over $20 million. If Horford weren't unrestricted, Dwight would be somewhere else earning less.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. JazzLakerHater

I like Dwight personally, but I am so glad he's gone. I think it's fair to say now that adding Dwight Howard to your team legitimately makes you worse.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

28 & 15. Need 28 & 15. Should be BBQ chicken. 8 easy points just running the floor. Another easy 8 on dunks. A few in the post. James Harden & the Rockets guards need to get him the ball down low. Stop hogging the ball. 28 & 15.

RudyTBag, Drogba and Vivi like this.
  17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dwight's unwillingness to adapt to today's game is why he stinks. Team ball is in...both on offense and defense. And teams that have not adapted to this situation arent gonna win. He truly is a cancer on the basketball court...He may have some decent games, but so can Javale mcgee...

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps he is fighting with the desire to want to play anymore. He enjoys the money wants to move up on the lists of rebounds/points to get into the hall of fame. But knows he is not as athletic and will never be as great as he and everyone once thought he would be. It is what is simply is.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'll never understand how this big dummy never bought into the pick and roll offense.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

"No disrespect to what you do, but you've never played the game. I've been in this game a long time. I know what it takes to be effective."