1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook: "I don't give a f*** about (my stat) line."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Voting is over. He wants his teammates to play the right way now...

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They forgot to bleep Ron Burgundy once too.

francis 4 prez and Perki-Perk like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well man what do you want him to do? He was triple teamed! That means take the shot!

Tha_Dude, BigMaloe and Richie_Rich like this.
  5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Idk how some of you hate on Russel. I don't think he's the MVP but he is by far my favorite non-Rocket in the NBA. He leaves it all on the court every night.

6. SemisolidSnake

Little tidbit hidden among ESPN's big bold stories crying about poor Russell's loss on his "historic night":

"Russell Westbrook went 4-18 in the 4th quarter vs the Rockets, tying Kobe Bryant for the most FG attempts in any quarter in the last 20 years (regular season or playoffs). Westbrook's 14 misses were the most in any quarter in the last 20 postseasons."

Russell, uhhh, maybe you should give a f***.

francis 4 prez and seclusion like this.
  7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I've seen "ball hogs" like Iverson, Arenas and to a lesser extent Kobe play who were a joy to watch and found ways to help their team win despite taking a lot of shots.

This guy has none of that. An ugly, inaccurate jumper mixed with an abundance of energy chucking left and right. Minimal understanding of the game, the ebbs and flows, how to get teammates going, just marketable to simpletons like rhino17 who see a guy running around faster than everyone else.

Fine with calling him an All Star, but when you reward this behavior as MVP because of pointless stats -- on a crappy team --, it reflects on how sad your personal life is to be impressed by a headless chicken. And the sad, sad state of the media.

Take em ta church Honey B.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

but they will fine the player lol

[​IMG]

also how does the media support one of the rudest players? He is not professional during his interviews...

francis 4 prez and BigShasta like this.
  9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Doesn't care about his stat line but doesn't take a 3 late in the game to keep it alive, instead drives for 2 to get his 50 point game....

Yeahhhhh I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to move your desk down to the basement now Russ

10. Audioout

Audioout Member

I think he only sat, like, two plays. If anything, he should have sat longer. Their biggest problem was Westbrook was dead tired by the mid point of the 4th quarter missing tons of shots and even air balling a few times.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrick's unfortunate teams are now 12-22 in his career when he takes 30 or more shots. He'll never learn.

francis 4 prez and Tha_Dude like this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

"What is the right way, Russell?"
    "Give me the ball, I'll show you."
    Rinse Blame/Repeat Blame (and never look inside of yourself, you'll find no blame there)

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol since when?

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Oladipo was 3/5 in the 6 minutes without WB on the floor

1/9 with WB on the floor

That moment when you realize playing for a lottery team in the East like Magic is 100 times better than playing alongside a ball hog who makes you look much worse than you actually are

francis 4 prez and JayGoogle like this.
  15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Came here to post this.

Westbrook is so full of ****.

adw, Rodman23 and BigShasta like this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Any kid young enough to be impacted in any way by hearing that word should probably be in bed anyway.

17. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Skip to 4:05

OKC down by 6 with 12 seconds remaining... waltzes into wide open lane for an easy 2 in order to get 50 pt trip-dub.

What a clown.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This dude can't help himself.

At the start of the 4th quarter I called it. I said he's shooting 52% and if the law of averages kicks, it's going to be rough for the Thunder.

You see, it doesn't work for Westbrook. If he's having a bad shooting night, he'll still take his shots and he'll look out of it. Like he did game 1.

If he has a good shooting night he can't help himself. He'll continue to shoot thinking he will make everything he puts up. It is hilarious to watch actually, to watch this guy try to take over a game that his team actually showed up for.

The worst part about it, Westbrook doesn't do this because he's malicious. He really thinks he's going to make those shots. He made them in the first 3 quarters, why not the 4th? It's not that he's a bad teammate, it's just that he thinks he doesn't need his team at all and that he's good enough to win games on his own.

And this is why it will be hard to build around him. The triple double thing this year was cute and all, but at the end of the day these players are also going to start thinking about themselves and their next contract.

19. Fantasma Negro

Happens all the time but as the "mvp" he should know better, its not like he's some crotchety old man

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Everything he says in that clip is a lie. He's like the Jim Carey character in Liar Liar before he's forced to tell the truth.