1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/19/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2017.

1. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Anyone have the TNT highlights of this game? I watched on Root but i want to hear Reggies salt.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Run as one = L ?

[​IMG]

;)

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

ONE ASS RUN = L

BigShasta, burlesk and Hippieloser like this.
  4. Bob Barker 007

I think Ryno must have the stomach flu again, because he's been shooting diarrhea all over Toyota Center.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, you're making a good point, it's just that i would like to have him at 100% every game, it baffles me cause it's like he has an handicap at home

6. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Remember that time Russ won MVP because he was clutch against DEN, ORL, and MIN? Good times. Now he's 4-18 in the 4th quarter.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What about the drive to the cup with the ferocious slamajama??.

: )

FANfrom86toNow and DreamShook like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

those home-road splits are ridiculous...Brandon Jennings at home, but Steph Curry on the road

Balldon'tlie and BigShasta like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing I love about this game was the Rockets heart and ability to fight their way through everything to pull it out in the end.

OKC made huge and effective adjustments to start the game. When the big guys got switched to Harden, OKC changed the way they helped and clogged the paint at that point to stop Harden's drive. The Thunder's effort was definitely up a notch over game one as well. So the Thunder made the adjustments they needed to win. And it was successful at first.

But the Rockets also adjusted. They made the adjustments they needed to win. They made more threes, and in the second half they picked up their energy, effort and intensity. They did what successful winning teams do in order win the in playoffs. It wasn't easy, but the Rockets were able to hang tough. Great to see. They collectively did what it took as team to adjust to OKC's adjustments.

I think that's most positive thing I can take from this game. It wasn't just one guy making the change it was the team as a whole that made the necessary adjustments. It wasn't the best of all Rockets performances, but it was one of the best wins because of what they did to get it.

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Coaching staff coached circles around Donnovan and Cheeks. Beautiful site to see! Rejoice we have a coach folks!

11. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

No, wait, don't! You're OKC's only hope, Brodie-wan! (C'mon, Astrodome, don't spoil this! BTW, I used to love watching the 'stros play in you way back in the Cesar Cedeno/Jim Wynn/Jose Cruz days!)

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rustle Westbrick took more shots in the 4th than Harden took all game

Ridiculous

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's a pretty unfair expectation. Not even top tier superstars are 100% every game. What makes one a superstar is the ability to perform at a high % in the majority of their games. Players that are less reliable are role players and bench warmers. There are going to be games where any/all of our players will play like complete dogshit.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Shout out to the fans tonight...Toyota Center was hype, especially in the 2nd half

htownrox1, Tfor3 and DreamShook like this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'll slightly disagree. Kanter and Oladipo have been solid, this season. Heroball every game doesn't win you 47 games in a competitive WC (imo). I will say that Oladipo is shrinking in the spotlight, though, and that Westbrook taking all the shot late in the game doesn't help with that matter.

Harden highlights his teammates' strengths, sure (Capela PnR, Gordon/Williams 3s, etc) but these strengths were already there. Gordon was a good player in NO, but he just couldn't stay healthy. And Lou has always been Lou, regardless of the team he was on.

I think everyone in this thread thinks I'm pushing a "WB > Beard" view, but I'm not. I just feel bad for Russell because literally no one on his team is stepping up and being the second option that he needs to win. Props to Donovan for making changes though (rotating Gibson/Sabonis/Adams, playing Kanter and McD when Harden is sitting, etc.) Hopefully MDA counters Donovan's counters for game 3.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this has to be a backbreaking demoralizing loss for okc. westie had a big game, mauer had a big game, ryno had a big turd of a game, and the league even removed the over & back rule just for them. and scrubs still lost :(

17. Bob Barker 007

Kobe Bryant, sitting in his rocking chair of retirement, watches Russell Westbrook -- and his 43 FG attempts, and whispers "That's my child."

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Rockets win, Astro win, and Andre comes home. Today is a great day for Houston fans!!!!!

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

And he was essentially the opposite in New Orleans the last two seasons.

Looking back at previous seasons, it looks like he's always been a bad three point shooter in Toyota Center.

20. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

Russ just dropped a f bomb live on sports center lol

Tfor3 likes this.