1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Airy Lin is a hero to many and this has cause jealousy to tinman and Zboy like a teenage girl.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Clearly the Nets got robbed with the Lin deal

They actually ended the season with more losses with him than the previous year when they had less losses and he wasn't there.

The silver lining in the Lin fiasco is that Lin comes off the books just when they will start getting their picks back.

They just need to suck it up and absorb the losses while he is there and then dump him like the other teams did.

But then again this is the Nets and they aren't known for their smart buys or business decisions lol...

3. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

The Nets would have won at least 10 more game if lin played the entire season. His injury hurted the nets and showed how much improved as a team they are with him in the lineup compare to the team without him this season and last season. Clearly the Nets are better with Lin. Lin was very smart to sign a 3 year contract because this allows him to cash in on another big contract either with the Nets or another team.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

After the failed Lin project, I think Nets should consider trading for a decent and reliable point guard.

It has already been proven that Nets did not win any more than the previous year without Lin.

They have enough young assets to form a solid package deal for a good PG.

As for Lin, it would be best to move him to backup role or just absorb the loss.

It is sad they they keep making bad financial investments.

5. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

I believe the Nets are looking at a top European PG in this years draft and FA Geroge Hill from the Jazz. Lin will help the Nets recruit FA to help improve the team for the future and if he needs to move to the bench to help the team improve and turn into better playoff team, he will do for the team. Let's see how this plays out in the next two seasons. I don't think Hill will sign but who knows if they throw huge money to him.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sending Airemy over to recruit free agents is pretty much shooting yourself in the foot.

As if Brooklyn Nets recruiting you isn't bad enough, the horror of having Airemy meeting you with the message, "This is the best we got."

But then again, like I said, this is the Nets.

[​IMG]

7. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Airy lin is liked and have a very good rep by all that have played with him and it won't be hard to have key role players wanting to play for the Nets. They don't think like you and have some serious issues with Airy. Keep up the good work because your are very amusing.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have no doubt that players love Airemy Lin.

Who would not like a player that kindly keeps giving up his starting role to others behind him because of his ineptitude?

At least Airemy got charity nailed down.

9. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

I can see Airy Lin becoming similar to Manu Ginobili as he turns 30 for a contending team. I won't be surprise if he goes back to the Warrior or even here with the Rockets as a 6th man or the back up PG to Curry.

10. mig0s

mig0s Member

lmao this Zboy must have Alzheimer's
    talking on his own, making 20 posts in this thread every day. The addiction to Lin is real

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It has truly been a sad downhill career for Lin.

From Rockets to Lakers to Hornets and now voluntarily running to one of the worst teams in the league, the Nets.

Only to make sure that they finish with even more losses with Lin after he joins them.

Airemy has officially been exposed as a fraud that he is.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can see you getting banned once they figure out you were the same poster that got banned last year.

The only thing Lin and Manu Ginobili have in common is that they both have the letter "I" in their names.

He won't go to a contending team because he cares about marketing himself as a star player and making the most money more than anything else.

13. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

In terms of his game Airy has improved on all areas of his basketball skills since his days here with the rockets. The Nets will be a much better team next season if Lin can same healthy and play a full year.

14. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Why would I get banned for speaking the facts and helping correct errors in other posters?

By the way, if you have not notice almost all smart basketball player is marketing themselves one way and another. You should not just single out Lin because you personally have an issues with either lin or his fans.

Not matter Lin plays for a contender or not he has proved he belongs in the NBA and on any given night can put up 20+ pts and help beat any team in the NBA.

15. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Nice block by Gordon on Westbrook!

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I hope Airemy is at home sitting on his pink couch and taking notes.

This is why Pat stole the mental midget's starting job.

Airemy is at a good place for his skill level, worst team in the league. Time for him to work on his basic basketball skills.

#2536 Zboy, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  17. mig0s

mig0s Member

You're the only one sitting on a pink couch after your wife left because you chose Lin over your family

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Here are Airemy Lin's stats from this year playoffs.

0.0 Points 0.0 Assists 0.0 Rebounds.

The good news?

0.0 Turnovers

tinman likes this.
  19. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Airy lin defense is much improved and it showed last playoffs againt the Heat when he played some lock down d against Wade and Goran.

However. I am sure Lin got a few tips on d from both BP and Kobe.

20. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

I did not know Zboy's wife and kids left him.

So sorry to hear that and this explain your unstable and off the deep end postings.