1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump cabinet selections and appointments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 18, 2016.

1. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

She likely doesn't know what a student loan is, her handlers wanted this on behalf of their monied interests. This regime isnt even trying to hide the fact they are out to screw you over. Congrats Midwest for voting the clown show in, come crying back to the polls after your MAGA party hangover when the bill comes due since "nobody cares about you".

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While I don't want any government official to be unsafe, this one still has a degree of WTF?

EPA Head Scott Pruitt Requests a 24/7 Security Detail as He Prepares to Gut the Agency
    http://gizmodo.com/epa-head-scott-pruitt-requests-a-24-7-security-detail-a-1794251468

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

What could go wrong with this hire?

Trump taps lawyer in Trump U case for job as DeVos’ counsel
    http://www.columbian.com/news/2017/...yer-in-trump-u-case-for-job-as-devos-counsel/

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Another gem from Matt Taibbi on Jeff Sessions

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-for-white-america-its-happy-days-again-w476143

For White America, It's 'Happy Days' Again
    Jeff Sessions rolls the clock back on civil rights enforcement

8. NewRoxFan

Inexperienced, outspoken in denouncing feminism and race-based preferences. Trump and DeVos find the perfect person to head up the Civil Rights office...

DeVos Pick to Head Civil Rights Office Once Said She Faced Discrimination for Being White
    https://www.propublica.org/article/devos-candice-jackson-civil-rights-office-education-department

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

disg
    disgraceful. The thing is Republicans often ask why many minorities constantly vote for Democrats despite Democrats seemingly not improving the situation for minorities.

The thing that is so sad is that Republicans make it so easy for Democrats to gain and hold onto the support of large percentages of minorities. The Democrats don't do much. All they have to do is be less tone-deaf than this. If that's how low Republicans set the bar, they will never significantly improve the amount of support they get from minorities.

When this is what the GOP puts forward, it's not that minorities are being duped by Democrats, or aren't questioning what is actually being done by Democrats. It's simply that the Democrats aren't doing things as ignorant as this. If that's all they have to do, the GOP can kiss off any idea of making inroads into the support of most minority groups.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So it's not possible to face discrimination for being white?

Liberal hypocrisy.

Astrodome likes this.
  11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because she couldn't be in a minority-based study group at Stanford. She claimed that it was the one where she most fit. Yeah, I buy that and not that she wanted something for another one of her anti-race-based program articles.

12. dmoneybangbang

Hard being white in America....lack of personal responsibility has shaved off several years of middle aged white males' life expectancy.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I often faced discrimination for being white. On the local blacktops, I had a real hard time getting takers when I was running around, "You got next? Can I run wit' chu? C'mon, I can shoot." Of course, the prejudice was usually proven when they actually saw me shoot. But, they couldn't have known it at the time; they'd just assume I couldn't play because of the color of my skin.

Then I went to college and got a great corporate job and make more money than 90% of those guys, I'm sure. So, I'm over it.

Do I need a ;) ?

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

15. bigtexxx

Trying to cover it up by trying to make a joke out of it? Ineffective.

You're leaning on an argument that "broadly speaking, whites face less discrimination". That's not the point. The point is that people of any race can face discrimination, and that's not right.

16. Anticope

Anticope Member

You're likely being discriminated against because of your stupidity, not your race.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. bigtexxx

I'll be the bigger man and not stoop to your level and hurl insults. It just shows you can't argue substance.

18. dmoneybangbang

I think alcoholism and drug abuse is discriminating against the white man. Sad!

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Our sekretary of edumacation Betsy Devos official Easter Instagram...
    [​IMG]

20. NewRoxFan

Report: Justice Department does not have any U.S. attorneys in place
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-...in-place/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=36658617