1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NetFlix] 13 Reasons Why

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 1, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure. She was a lying human. She would be alive and well if she had no big issues.

I am liking Netflix Original stuff, never enjoyed teenage stuff that much before these. And I liked Hannah Baker.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I assumed that based on all the blog posts claiming it's something everyone "should" see.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with some of what you're saying. At the end, when she decided to kill herself, she blamed people for not stopping her for doing what she made up her mind to do.. then made tape condemning them. That wasn't fair.. I think the counselor made reference to this. That might have been intentional.

I thought Hannah was going to be unreliable narrator too, that would have been a good twist. When it came to Clay's tape at the party, I thought it was trending this way. Especially since Clay kept saying nothing happened at the party.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it really were that easy and Mr. Porter could have prevented the death by just stopping her somehow not to go out of the door this would not be an issue.

I agree. Clay should have been one of the narrators.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I fast forwarded that ****. I like blood and gore, but too real.

Watching it all puts things in a different light. The show made the people who had smaller slights look pettier than they had to be in order to smooth out the revenge aspect.

She played a big mind**** on Clay, but Clay wasn't honest with himself or to her. You could say she didn't know it wouldn't wreck him up as much as she thought leading up to his tape, or maybe she did want to do it for him to seek final justice.

I don't think the show was great (3.5/5), but it did a great job making me binge midweek into the morning and talking about it. The characters all did a decent to good job doing their thing.

They gotta mix up the second season. I'm not going to like seeing some of the gimmicks they use again.

6. conquistador#11

8 episodes in now. I'm liking it. It has not made me lose interest. But like rocket river, hannah doesn't get any sympathy from me either. Her parents that's another story. How they deal with the tragedy.

I don't think slim shady from the FML forever crew deserves to be on hannah's tape. All he did was rate her on a notebook paper. it's not like he went on a sports forum's hangout. that would be despicable! Speaking of which, sheri is a 10/10
    Also, ryan, just wanted to give her a push as a writer. he digged her poems.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Zach offered a friendly hand and she jumped down his throat. He then took some notes. Which were obviously from Clay....... because according to her everyone else hated her.

Rocket River

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Clay's tape was a problem for me.....
    I am surprised more women did not speak out on it.
    She literally used the "I said No but I meant yes" thing.
    I said stop but I wanted more thing.

Rocket River

9. thejav

thejav Member

Hannah is one dumb b****. no sympathy from me. just finished episode 12. She was basically asking for it by going there. Idiot. Are all white people like this?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So did you believe her when she said

All you had to do, Clay, is love me. And show it.
    I cannot believe that is a reason she killed herself.

I kept saying: Clay, c'mon, let's lock down Sherri.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not really.......

because he tried. He absolutely tried. She did not say no..... she said hell no and blew him up. I'm not talking sex but she pushed him so far away..... he freaked out and she expected him to read her mind. After that scene..... his tape..... what exactly was he suppose to do?

Also
    What she did to Jessica was far worse
    Than anything Jessica did to her.

Rocket River

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's an accumulation of things.
    She essentially lost her two very best friends the moment they started dating. They thought she couldn't handle the relationship so they ghosted her. Again a series of events that blew up.

#52 DreamShook, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    daywalker02 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a good guy.

He could do nothing
    He is willing to start new friendship with Skye Miller who could also be on the suicide train.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah that bothered me as well, its like a bad women can't make up their mind joke taken to an extreme........

I enjoyed it but did find it hard to sympathize with Hannah because she never really takes any responsibility for her action, like a lot of people have already said. She places a lot on other people especially in the latter tapes, like Clay and Mr. Porter by which point she pretty much made up her mind.......

Rocket River likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A lot of you guys saying Hannah shouldn't get any sympathy I think is way too harsh. If you step back and list the things that happened to her (13 reasons!), you realize her behavior is an accumulation of bad things that she bottled up that blew up.

She maybe could have handled things differently if she was 25, but she is young and has no wisdom/maturity to navigate this garbage.

Photo stalker guy: This dude is about to shoot up the school because of the accumulation of bullying (some due to his tape), a misunderstanding, a bad decision. We were all watching and didn't even realize it until we saw his guns. I mean the Hannah Tape group didn't even include him in their schemes. They all treated him like he was the worst offender!

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

unlike.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Finished, the show is very deep with many great moments.

Great soundtrack as well, and it really shows what conniving you know what people can be and just hammer someone when he is down!

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Slut shaming is not a good to thing to do and she is by far the best looking one out there not named Sherri and actually not a cheerleader, more of a book worm.

This is some kind of bullying done to a girl.

19. thejav

thejav Member

Too add. Jessica was the dumbest of them all.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

im sure there will be a second season.

I'm sure Alex will survive. We will see where Justin plans to leave to go and what happens to the rest.
    Most interesting is Tyler who was packing a bunch of guns, he's going off at the school most likely and you could see him in the film room with his targets hung up on pictures

#60 Rox11, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017