1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VIII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Jan 20, 2016.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm in. That looks great.

MadMax likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Can't wait!

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looked good, but please for the love of God tell me they don't copy the original storyline again like they did for Episode 7. I'm getting vague inklings of that in this trailer.

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly what I thought.

5. MadMax

Which part? the training?

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

God I hope so, because the repeat viewing really show how flawed this approach is.....I went from enjoyed TFA to after a 2nd viewing loathing it, no interest in seeing it again.....

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks to me like they're following the template...

Funny robot C3PO/R2D2 (BB8) finds the chosen one Luke (Rey), who begins training with Obi Wan/Yoda (Luke) in secret to lead the Rebellion (Resistance) take on the Empire (First Order) lead by the Emperor (Snoke) and Vader (Kylo Ren).

I mean...I'm sure it varies in some ways, hopefully some big ways, but just going by how they set things up in The Force Awakens, and now with this trailer, it looks awfully familiar. They cannot do another carbon copy like they did The Force Awakens. Cannot do it.

#87 J Sizzle, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Can't decide who's voice that is at the end Luke's or Kylo's..

9. 713

713 Member

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why is Kylo with r2d2? Methinks he'll turn good in this movie or the next.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

But like...who cares either way? If it's Luke's...haven't we already seen a former Jedi turn evil and try to end the Jedi with Vader? If it's Kylo's...well...haven't we already seen Vader try to do the same?

I don't know...I was just hoping for something a little more substantially different. Based on the poster with the lightsaber going from blue to red, I bet Rey turns a little evil, which is cool. But still...just seems a little been there done that.

#91 J Sizzle, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think it cut off midsentence. luke was probably saying "it's time for the jedi... to end... this schitte... and kick ass again fo sho"

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This is Empire all over again with the Jedi training and Luke is now Yoda. Disney is basically soft-rebooting the franchise with the same story arc over a trilogy. :(

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Looks dark and creepy -- i'm in.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, same for me. Super fake out. The repeat viewing of TFA is the worst. It makes me sick. Hopefully this one has some more staying power.

GRENDEL likes this.
  16. MadMax

I'm surprised people are surprised that Rey would be trained in this movie.

CCorn, BigM, The Hunted and 1 other person like this.
  17. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I get your point and I agree to an extent but everything is a little been there done that. There's nothing truly new under the sun. Most themes and character types are just rehashed over and over. Everything mirrors something else. It happened in the Star Wars expanded universe all of the time. What could they do that we haven't really seen or heard before? Just give me a movie that is well-made and entertaining.

I'd personally like to see a movie with Vader as the menacing monster helping to hunt down the remaining Jedi post-ROTS but even that would be nothing new really. We saw what it would look like in Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One. I sure as hell would watch it though.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yes, the training he means.

thinks it might be another yoda-luke type scenario, he does. ren will be tested like neverbefore, she will. confront her worst fears and overcome them, she must.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

What are you talking about? Im talking about a scene in the trailer with kylo ren and r2d2

20. Caesar

Caesar Member