1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 ClutchFans Mock Draft - Texans 2nd Round v 1.0

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 3, 2017.

?

Who will the Texans pick in the 2nd Round?

1. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Marcus Williams, S, Utah

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Marcus Maye, S, Florida

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. David Sharpe, OT, Florida

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. TJ Watt, LB, Wisconsin

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  7. Kevin King, CB, Washington

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  8. Ryan Anderson, LB, Alabama

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  9. Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  10. Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Coming off a torn ACL that was fairly recent, coupled with a good TE draft, I think Butt goes in the third round. No reason for us to reach for someone, especially a tight end, in the second round.

2. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yeah he is all over the place in mock drafts. Most TE nowadays are either pass catching or blockers.
    Jake Butt is compared by some scouts as old school Mark Bavaro-like. Catches and blocks.

Evan Engram is a major mismatch in coverage but not much of a blocker. I like the Texans Griffin and
    Anderson as pass catching TE's. Slide them out to slot and let them work in space vs the defender.
    Problem is O'Brien likes blocking TE's that can catch. Inline blocking TE's. Ray Perkins style TE
    like Bavaro. I'm thinking O'Brien would go for Butt......and it would help keep the QB upright.

If the Texans can get him in the 3rd or 4th......even better.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That is my one hangup about Bucky Hodges. He's not none for his blocking.

Jatman20 likes this.
  4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

It's my belief that O'Brien will look for dual qualities of blocking and catching from this TE class.

Why bring in another Anderson/Griffin......unless it's Evan Engram. OJ Howard won't be around.

I will be honest. I haven't looked at all the TE's in this class. Those projected to go in 1st 2 rounds
    and those about 4th round or later. I'm saving about 3rd round to 5th round on Safeties and
    Corners because of their abundance and quality.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One or both of Zay Jones and Dede Westbrook will be going in the third or later. Definition of draft day steals.