1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

United volunteers to kick people off plane

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YuleC, Apr 10, 2017.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bull **** ... people are sheep. Theyll book the cheapest price and forget this fiasco.

Space Ghost likes this.
  2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I tend to agree with you of past incidences.However; my gut instinct tells me not this time. This one touches a raw nerve and lots of people know that it could have easily been one of them.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure people will forget this and even if they don't, they won't care. This guy is one of the least sympathetic characters around.

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

stocks is emotional. I don't see it going up to $80 but it might suppress some of the negativity with the stocks, but I see the stock keep on dropping, earnings come out, it'll have a pop up and then steady go back down again.

Also I guess change might be made because of this fiasco
    [​IMG]

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is a terrible thing they've done but I sure as hell am not changing my international flight arrangements now for a trip only 6 weeks away.

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I know its a liability/lawsuit thing but I freaking hate that corporations can't just say "we f*cked up". Blaming it on a system failure is such a cop out.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The stock will not continue to fall.....not in my humble opinion anyways. They are too rife with cash (over $2 billion in free cash flow.....10% of their market cap), and have a 50% debt liability. Those two things will usually translate into a generally strong stock in the long term.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea in the lonnnngggg run yea, UAL should be okay since they cut down cost and actually profitting more, but I mean in the near distance when their earnings is reported in a few days

9. dmoneybangbang

I think the biggest thing that will change is that people will become aware there are guidelines and rules to these sort of things. More people will learn that you are entitled to compensation in certain situations.

As for United, I think they'll offer more compensation in the future and will definitely stop with some of the strong arm tactics.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

New videos and witness testimony contradict story that passenger was belligerent...
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/travel/united-passenger-pulled-off-flight/

11. VanityHalfBlack

I would love for United to try to pull this **** on a guy like a Braun Strowman or a Lesnar. Guys, start using that p90x that **** might come in handy.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im with those who believe this will be yesterdays news in a week. My choice in using United hasn't changed one bit. If you want real horror stories, go read those who fly the budget airlines like Frontier and Spirit. Yet people continue to fly them even after being screwed.

Those who understand the pitfalls of flying plan around them. Flying budget (crappy airlines/lowest ticket) and peak hours exponentially increases your chances of something going wrong. I tend to pay a little more for SouthWest or Alaskan and grab an offpeak ticket like in the early morning. Yes, i hate getting up at 4 or 5am, but I avoid the traffic, long TSA wait lines, the cascading events of delayed flights and the indignant passengers who dont want to be bothered with waking up early.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is so hilarious. Someone trolls the internet by releasing fake news and the topic now turns to whether it is true or not. I suspect this inquiry will rise to the top of the food chain and CNN/FOX/etc will address the Fake News of the other doctor and have a 5 minute discussion of it, just to settle the concerns of the masses on twitter who eat this **** up.

lulz ... I also love how we turn to reddit to settle the issues of truth or falsehood. they tha bomb, trusted servants and keepers of The Truth

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Out of anything, I do agree with this statement. They wont be so cheap to buy off passengers next time. You can't stop crappy employees from making bad decisions, but you can give the employees better tools (offering more money) to keep issues from needlessly escalating.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol the idiots Space Ghost, BobbyTheIdiot and Bandwagoners of this thread getting their crap pushed in.

Something needs to be done about BTG's spamming in all seriousness doe.

Asian Sensation and R0ckets03 like this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

New angle shows they pulled him while his armseat was down and in the way, apparently provoked the screaming. Also showed he was calmly talking to them before the incident.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For me it was a one day story and then something to forget, but when the white knights showed back up with fake news in hand claiming that everyone was wrong about the guy's past it became noteworthy again.

Now that it's pretty clear that there was no "other doctor" and he was the emotionally unstable little perv that was initially reported, it's kind of over.

18. Indaface

Indaface Member

So the guy wasn't acting out just verbally questioning why he had to go (and had even agreed until he found out the new flight wasnt till the next day)...boy did he deserve to get slammed for that. What a belligerent *******.

19. jsingles

jsingles Member

People were so ready to believe that this felon who was pushing drugs illegally and taking pictures of men's genitalia for personal use couldn't have done such a thing. Boy are they embarrassed.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

With all evidence (witnesses, video) showing that the passenger wasn't belligerent, with the CDA suspending two more of the security called by UA to physically remove the passenger (and as it turns out, violently that caused injuries), and with the CEO of the airlines accepting all responsibility and absolving the passenger of any blame... posters that defended UA have gone back to bringing up old and irrelevant stories about the passenger. I guess that's all that is left when you are wrong...