1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

United volunteers to kick people off plane

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YuleC, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm not sure myself. I'd be pretty surprised that anyone would publish that without fact checking. The license was suspended in Kentucky, and this plane was headed to Kentucky, so I'm still leaning this might be the same doctor. Still irrelevant, though.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I've yet to comment on this whole digging up dirt thing because we don't know 100% sure that they're the same person.

News media saw the same name and went 'oh ****, let's jump on it right away!'. Before they're 100% sure. It could be him it could be not. We Don't Know. What we do know is that the security used force to remove him. Manager had no critical thinking skills and the CEO only apologized because the company is losing money.

The fact at bobbythegreat and bandwagonner keep bringing up about this guy's past says a lot about them. I'm sure these guys are saint and have done no wrong. How do you know 100% that it's him? Do you know him personally? Do you know his family? Until then, the whole situation is still under investigation.

3. dmoneybangbang

I haven't seen any accounts where he was being belligerent; he told them he was not getting off without yelling or frothing at the mouth and then screamed like some sort of small mammal when forcibly taken out of his seat.

United, by all accounts so far (they'll be a day in court) kicked him off for no legitimate outlined in the "refusal of transport" guidelines. Assuming this is true and he had merely cooperated then what's United's reasoning for not kicking off other passenger's against the law and paying as little in compensation as possible?

There are some rotten corporate cultures. It's funny that Wells Fargo is trying to get back money from the former CEO and executives after an independent group hired by the current Wells Fargo group found that they turned a blind towards the deceitful and illegal practices.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've been trying to find out if this is true or not myself. It seems odd that there would be 2 doctors both named David Dao that are the exact same age from Elizabethtown Kentucky.....which has a population of 29K, but I suppose it could happen.

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

it is him but once again why does it matter? lol

if he was acting crazy and fighting back with violence, sure. However he peacefully refused to and then just yanked out of his seat

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Seems too coincidental for it to be two separate doctors. According to the license reinstatement document in Kentucky, the name is Doctor A. D. Dao. I suspect the family would have quickly jumped in with a disclaimer if he is not Doctor A. D. Dao.

7. bobrek

It is also being reported by TMZ that Dr. Dao won $117,000 in a WSOP event during his suspension.

8. dmoneybangbang

...for example?

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Spread the fake news all you want, question the relevancy, don't compare me to this sack of ****.

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

It seems the doctor on the plane is David Thanh Duc Dao.
    Your felon is David Anh Duy Dao. (David A. Dao from your link)

FWIW, I maybe wrong.

OK, edit: I got it WRONG. Sorry, i relied on a reddit post.

#670 pahiyas, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  11. bobrek

If they truly identified the wrong doctor, don't you think the family of the doctor kicked off the plane would be all over the news denying what was being reported?

12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So you are now saying the passenger was injured as a result of "tripping, falling, and busting their nose?" Seriously?

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

All of you are arguing over nonsense. This has nothing to do with "Rights."

What United should have done was keep raising the incentive to deboard until they got 4 folks to volunteer. There was obviously a "maximum" dollar amount that United was willing to pay before kicking folks off and they were woefully wrong for that and will now pay tenfold + for that egregious mistake.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At zero point do i think this family is relishing any of what is going on right now... even though he's likely to be financially compensated very well.

I would think the less they have to say or make themselves known to the public, the better.

16. bobrek

Plus, it turns out that he is indeed the doctor who committed the crimes 12+ years ago.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You fell for fake news while making fun of fake news. Ouch.

18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

If Bruce were alive today, this is how he prepares for United pre-boarding.

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member