1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Vernon Maxwell twitter goat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Jun 30, 2015.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Watched the 2nd half of gm 3 against PHX in the '94 series this morning.

We go down 3-0 if Mad Max doesn't go off in the 2nd half with 31 pts (with Hakeem sitting for a large portion of the 2nd half in foul trouble as well).

Also, forgot all about that PUNK A$$ move by Ainge throwing the ball as hard as he could and drilling Mario right in the face and then claiming it was an accident at the end of the game.

2. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Honestly, why hasn't Les hired Vernon Maxwell to control the Houston Rockets Twitter Account??

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think Ainge was PO'd by that dunk by Dream at the end(and the Suns getting their asses whooped on their home floor, of course). Usually teams dribble out the clock at the end, but Dream wanted to send a message with that basket. Also, if I recall, Elie had an and-1 earlier in the quarter where he screamed in Ainge's face after the basket. Doug Collins who was doing commentary was upset that Elie didn't get a T for that. That might've been lingering in Ainge's mind at the end there when he had a flashback to his baseball days and slammed Elie in the face with the ball.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yes and the celebration by him and Elie. I'm glad Vernon went after him in game 6 and got ejected, then again in game 7 (too bad he missed with the elbow to the head) and Sam went after him in game 7. Elie went after him the first game the next year in Houston when Ainge committed a foul on him.

The worst part is how Ainge is still perceived as this 'good guy' around the league, when he's one of the most punk ass players ever. Acting tough while being a true p***y in the process. That fake smile isn't fooling anyone. I don't trust that guy one bit, he just has that face. If he had been African American, he would not be as loved.

topfive and Patience like this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Is Ainge perceived that way? I thought everyone hated him and thought he was a punk. He's a terrific GM, I'll give him that. But I don't think he ever beloved by anyone other than his own teams' fans when he was a player. I know Horry had no respect for him when he was coaching the Suns considering he threw a towel in his face.

Pen15clubber and Patience like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Time for GOAT twitterist Vernon Maxwell to go at all the talking shitheads that are claiming Westbrick for MVP

get it dun Max

Pen15clubber and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

Yes you are correct on Elie screaming after the basket.

It certainly didn't warrant Ainge drilling the ball in Elie's face and then acting like it was an accident (not implying that you think it was). I think we both agree it was a PUNK @SS move!!

8. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Too politically correct these days. They fired our guy for this tweet, can't imagine Vernon would last a day:

[​IMG]

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that my friend is when Clutch City was actually born, because Eddie Sefko from the Houston Chronicle labeled us "CHOKE CITY" right after we went down 0-2 to Phoenix.

@Kwame and I met Max recently and told him that he helped put us on the sports world map with Clutch City and we will never forget it.

RiceRockets likes this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

haha honestly that was such a gangsta way of getting fired. Against the hated MAVERICKS. That guy is a legend & I'm surprised he's not a invited guest for the Rockets50 Celebration.

Pen15clubber, Caesar and TracywtFacy like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Forgot about this one, lol

12. the shark

the shark Member

Man I miss Mad Max going head to head with Jordan.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Time to unleash Vernon Maxwell twitter if Russ wins MVP over Harden.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Max doesn't play with emoji guns. He chills in Lubys parking lots and wishes a muthasucka would...

tinman likes this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL! So thats what his name is.

In the game thread I called him as the "OKC guy with the Jeremy Lin hair".

Oh wait....I still got the wrong guy? lulz...

This is the Sixers guy. Who is the guy on OKC?

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Okc dude is him

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm glad you pointed out the Luby's incident.

Nowadays, NBA players would not to go to such a down home restaurant like Luby's. They don't want to interact with the real citizens, but Max did. He loved regular Houstonians.

19. Rickem

Rickem Member

Man I really want to believe that's Max on that account.

He was easily my fave player during his Houston run.

But I just remembered the team fallout being so acrimonious in '95 that it's really hard to believe he's so much on board with this organization again.

Would love to know how they repaired their terms.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

not really a PC issue if your boss and his activist wife own a horse rescue farm. funny but not smart for job security.