1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets vs. Thunder: Five Matchups To Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

1sr

ramotadab likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nice work!

Finally a 5 star thread.

An under the radar match up is Mike Antonio vs Billy D

BigMaloe and PyroTex like this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Really worried about Capella ability to box out and rebound and consistently defend the rim. By far our biggest weakness in this series... I believ it won't cost us now but deeper in the playoffs. We need help in that area bad

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  5. Mr. Space City

Clint Capela and Nene vs. OKC’s bigs

that's the match up that worries me.

napalm06, da_juice and bilaal14 like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

My body is ready for Playoff Clint.

I have a feeling he is going to be a defensive nightmare for opponents

Hakeemtheking and RudyTBag like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Woohoo! Excited!

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm more worried about Ryan Anderson.

Clint can't do this thing by himself, and he will get his 10-12 boards.

9. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

We have a secret weapon now....... Troy Williams!!!:eek::eek:

Hakeemtheking and ramotadab like this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's not going to be easy and definitely reminiscent of the 2014 play-offs..

napalm06 and Zboy like this.
  11. blackistan

blackistan Member

Hope Harden comes out like Dream did against the Spurs when Robinson got the MVP. Chance for the beard to show the league who the real MVP is.

12. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Yes, I also am concerned with this match-up. The one that I will be watching closest is "Our Lil Psychopath aka PatBev" vs RW & the OKC crowd. I have Okie relatives. They have much hate for Mr. Beverly:D

Zboy likes this.
  13. bigred77

bigred77 Member

I had forgotten about Pat Bev's days with the mask... I think he needs to bring that back...

Zboy likes this.
  14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Westbrook vs. his defensive assignment:

While Westbrook is clogging the paint for easy rebounds and padding his stats, the guy he leaves open is going to be the x-factor in this series, Be it Gordon, Beverley, or Lou, they all have to take turns and punish Westbrook for leaving them on the perimeter. They have to shoot at a high percentage because the looks will be there. Then, if the Thunder defense rotates, our wings have to do the same. Also, running the 1-2 pick screen off Harden and force Westbrook to switch or make things easier for Harden. This is how you neuter a force like Westbrook, expose him on defense and force him to play your game.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good job pointing out the hypocrisy by the media.

However, I do think Harden has better players around him in the sense that they better fit the system that the Rockets are using. I guess it is a combination of system and better fitting players. We shoot a bunch of 3 pointers, and unlike previous seasons, we actually have good 3 point shooters on this team this year. OKC is mostly WB ISOball with occasional Kanter post ups.

One thing I am worried about when it comes to Westbrook and Harden comparison is intensity.

Westbrook is a more intense player and because of his personality he is a more assertive player. He will always push the issue. Sometimes it works against him but most of the time, that alpha mentality works for him. He has the playoff resume to back that up.

In contrast, what worries me about Harden, is that sometimes he just goes in a lull and makes costly decisions, like turning it over on a lazy pass. Also, when it comes to physicality, I think Westbrook handles it better than Harden. Harden can be intimated with physical defense and shot blocking. Harden HAS TO match Westbrook's intensity for the entire series.

As i have said earlier, I am glad Ibaka is not in OKC anymore. His shot blocking and interior defense affected harden's game, IMO. Kanter is a terrible defender and neither Adams on Gibson provide the same level of paint defense as Ibaka did when he was in OKC.

Bottom line though: Ultimately, our 3 point shooting will trump all and decide the series. If Rockets make their 3 pointers, we win. If we dont, OKC wins.

#15 Zboy, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    oakdogg, Purp8585 and napalm06 like this.
  16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Kanter's D is horrible for every 2 he scores he gives up more. We have to double him from the baseline because he's not great at passing out of double teams. Push the basketball against their bigs and give Clint an advantage running the floor.

DonKnock and Zboy like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oakdogg and DonKnock like this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Any info about time and date of the game?

19. WestendMassive

Roberson's effectiveness on Harden is a real worry.
    The Rockets will need a strong team performance to get past these guys, particularly from Gordo, Ryno and Trevor.

Balldon'tlie and oakdogg like this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Harden can't make this a MVP battle, I don't trust him to do what's best for the team when he's in that mindset frankly. Roberson has shown he can consistently make Harden underperform. Harden will need to be a great distributor and defer to Gordon and Lou to take over some of the playmaking.