1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Romo retiring

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TMAC3, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's simply not true. He could still sign with a team if he wanted to play, instead he wanted to retire. Given that the Cowboys cut him, he can do whatever he wants and it's clear that what he wants is to not play.

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

The cowboys cut him because he took the CBS job. CBS then fired Phil Simms and gave his job to Romo.

What kind of a d$&k move would it be for Romo to cost Simms his job and then say nevermind!!! Those were his only options other than praying for a trade when Denver and the Texans said they will not trade for him.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would have been exactly the kind of dick move where Jerry Jones wouldn't release him unless he told him he was retiring.....

If he really wanted to play this season, he'd play this season.

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

That is how Jerry played it because he did not want Romo to come to Houston and win. Romo has more class than that though

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Say what you want, but if he really wanted to play, he'd play. I don't believe that he got bullied into retirement, he had to have wanted that all along. You don't have a guy that REALLY wants to play one day and the next he retires like that.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Can we let this thread die already? I really hate seeing romo on the latest Texans thread for the forum. Hes not a Texan, hes retired and is and will always be a b**** in my eyes now. Only time Id like to see this thread again is if he unretires and joins the Texans.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Is it really so shocking that a 37 year old who has what, 2 back/2 shoulder surgeries would rather get paid Tom talk football than get paid to destroy himself?

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

How were the Astros CONTENDERS LAST year? Astros didnt even MAKE the postseason behind 2 other teams last year. By that measure the Rockets were contenders LAST season TOO when they had the same players return along with adding Ty Lawson, and was widely considered title worthy by media and analysts.

Astros are getting too much optimistic credit, and Texans maybe not enough credit.

Hey Now! likes this.
  10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Wait CBS fired Simms? I figured he'd just be the color guy on their Number 2 broadcast team.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You defined it.

"This year" is not in the past; the Texans' track record is better than both. (And the Astros were not contenders last year, btw; they finished third in their own division and can't beat the two-time defending division champions to save their lives. Until they post a record markedly better record than 10-28 against the Rangers, they are NOT contenders).

12. Hey Now!

I wouldn't place the Cowboys' front office in the gifted and talented program, and they fell ass-backwards into Dak Prescott. Finding a franchise QB is as much about luck as anything. They keep swinging for the fences, they'll eventually hit a HR.

13. Hey Now!

Exactly; I'm excited about the Astros, too. But they've accomplished dick, and far less than the Texans. But I think it speaks to the level of rage and entitlement people have when it comes to the Texans. In 2005, every single one of these fans dismissing the past six seasons would have signed-up for 4 postseasons over a 6-year stretch, regardless of their validity.

Shroopy2 likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm sure that's how the Texans think of it. Unfortunately when you're constantly hemorrhaging picks it's harder to take a lot of swings.

15. Mr. Clutch

it's been complete mediocrity

If it's been such a wonderful success why didn't O'Brien get an extension? Why was O'Brien leaking threats during the playoffs that he was leaving?

16. Mr. Clutch

They were among the preseason favorites. IMO bad luck and a slow start did them in. Plus baseball only has 10 playoffs and they were in a tough division (not in a joke division like the Texans)

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

The year the Astros went to the playoffs, they were not preseason favorites. In fact everyone thought they were a year out. Right before last season is when people started taking them seriously, And then they went and missed the playoffs. Texans were considered favorites the year they went 12-4. So they've had that too.

18. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans are the epitome of mediocre.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Yes, I agree Texans were legit contenders for 2 years. IMO those 2 years with Andre, Foster and a great OL were awesome, I loved that team. I think if Schaub doesn't get hurt we have a real shot at winning the Super Bowl.

But that was 2011-12, hence my opinion that the recent track record has not been good.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, so long as you don't know what that word means.