1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Harden not part of Pre-Game Huddle?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daaznman, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

With KJ, he did one of those handshakes you need a graduate degree for. When Wilt showed up, he left him at the bus stop for his mom to pick up with one of those "I'll tolerate your presence for now" greetings. He's obviously got something against Wilt. When they were all putting their hands in on the team huddle near the beginning of the video, he pulled his hand out just as the Stilt was putting his in. I'm guessing Wilt showed him up on the court one too many times.

kjayp likes this.
  2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

But, but, but... Dwight!

It's time to move on.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Obvious that you never played sports at the collegiate level or above. His teammates don't give a damn if he wants to walk away to clear his mind and has a ritual. It has nothing to with team solidarity. He and his teammates are grown men.

I heard that Ryan Anderson doesn't hold Ariza's hand when Ariza has a dump. What a poor teammate!

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I never said his teammates give a damn, or that he is a bad teammate. Learn to read. So he walks away to clear his mind coincidentally right at the point when the rest of his team is huddling up? Interesting? It's not a big deal., but of course you would never acknowledge otherwise.

5. Nook

Nook Member

At the end of the day you have no clue what you are talking about.

The fact that Harden (after several other team rituals he participates in) walks away to clear his mind doesn't in anyway speak to his leadership.

Concerning Lin, Harden did the same thing (walking away) when Lin was a Rocket. Harden did it in OKC!

Also Beasley and Harden are friends. Beasley being traded had ZERO to do with Harden. Same thing with KJ. Both players are gone because D'Antoni wanted them gone. Dwight Howard was the problem last year and the record reflects it. Also Harden didn't tell Howard to leave, he opted for free agency.

Your ignorance is staggering. Stick to making "why no passing videos", Jeremy Lin highlights with the Knicks and videos of Russell Westbrook rebounding gifs.

threepointshot3 and DonKnock like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah he walks away from the huddle... after already huddling with his teammates in the tunnel.

It is his ritual to clear his mind, how he prepares for tip off.

It says NOTHING about him as a player or person or leader.

DonKnock and Richie_Rich like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blow it up troll thread (129(!) replies)
    Giant locker room stall / stories from Magnolia (42 replies)
    Harden not in the huddle (87 & counting replies)

Makes you miss the D-Mo threads & MVP talk (I have MVP fatigue)

Playoffs clearly cannot start any sooner. I guess this is what we get for having boring wins, locking up a playoff spot, 3rd seed...

#BeWell friends. ;)

Os Trigonum, DonKnock and kjayp like this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

theres absolutely nothing wrong with it.. he's the leader of the team on paper, on the court, during the games, in winning, by example no matter if he's in all huddles or not..

don't get your panties in a wad and lose sleep over this...

9. vlaurelio

you relax hater

you and your BF don't get your panties in a wad and lose sleep over this

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

In your opinion.........because your harden narrative says that nothing should ever be done to degrade him. Which is fine, by the way.

But, I'm telling you it rubs me the wrong way. If I ever did play high level sports, I wouldn't do anything like that.

kjayp likes this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This is pointless, wake me up when the playoffs start.....

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

13. alethios

alethios Member

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

The GM is not expected to be part of the pre-game huddle.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You're totally right. bro... Harden is the messiah, he can do no wrong... he's God's gift to basketball... he's everything that's great rolled up in a beard... a pox upon me for daring to suggest that ANY action by the almighty should be met with anything other than praise...

T for 3 likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

we can talk about his shot selection, turnovers, defense but him being in all huddles? really?

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

couldn't find one from his first season here but here's one from 2014-15 season walking away from the huddle

It's not new, he's been doing it at least 2-3 seasons already, even told Kam when I noticed, how long would it take for a thread it pop up, surprised it took this long.....

heypartner likes this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

delete

#98 T for 3, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

We need to bring John Paul Stevenson back, I miss him. Matt Thomas is the worst.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

My Bev for 1st Team Def thread has flopped twice:(